What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
The vacuum pack method seems pretty bullet proof but there are many more refined methods

Dry your weed to about 65%RH and remove the stalks

Roll it tight in wax paper before vacuum packing, like a short fat cigar to get a nice shape then remove the paper

Vac it and keep it warm at say 30-40°c for about 24 hours

Remove it and dry it slowly then vac it again for about a week

Remove from the bag and check it and dry it more if not totally dry, gently and slowly ready to vacuum pack again

Check again a month or so later to make sure it's properly dry then store indefinitely, that's basically how I do it.
Just don't leave any moisture in for long storage and don't overheat it or rush it, easy :)

It's pretty hard to make a mistake as long as you don't store it damp

Edit: Sorry I posted also, but I'll leave it here anyway :p
This is a basic version but listen to the masters!
Thats so cool the more people who post their own personal methods the better.
Everyone will have their own variation thats what makes it so cool.

oldmaninbc

Its easy my friend just harvest the buds as per your usual way and dry them to a stage that is close to where you would usually jar them but still a little too moist for jar curing.

Get a vacuum sealer and seal the buds up in a vacuum bag, you can roll them up in maize husk or straight into the bag loose it doesn't matter.

Then place the vacuum sealed buds in a warm environment anywhere from say 30c to 40c.

Once you see the buds start changing color to (yellows and browns fall colors) open the bag and air dry the buds to remove surface moisture ( sweat) then reseal and repeat. Do this weekly if needed.

Page 409 has some good pics from myself and others on what to look for and when.
Thank you for taking the time and the summary.

oldmaninbc

The vacuum pack method seems pretty bullet proof but there are many more refined methods

Dry your weed to about 65%RH and remove the stalks

Roll it tight in wax paper before vacuum packing, like a short fat cigar to get a nice shape then remove the paper

Vac it and keep it warm at say 30-40°c for about 24 hours

Remove it and dry it slowly then vac it again for about a week

Remove from the bag and check it and dry it more if not totally dry, gently and slowly ready to vacuum pack again

Check again a month or so later to make sure it's properly dry then store indefinitely, that's basically how I do it.
Just don't leave any moisture in for long storage and don't overheat it or rush it, easy :)

It's pretty hard to make a mistake as long as you don't store it damp

Edit: Sorry I posted also, but I'll leave it here anyway :p
This is a basic version but listen to the masters!
Thanks for the information, it's appreciated.

Tangwena

Veteran
Today I tried about a quarter gram of the Mulanje Gold cob second from the left in the pic.
Real trippy and very strong.
Starts off with laughing your ass off at everything and progresses through 5 more stages of tripped out fantasy effects.
Lasted 10 hours full on high love it.

Its made from the red haired tall central cola pheno I grew last year.
It turned hermi towards the end of flower but boy is it strong.
I'm going to be growing the seeds of this one crossed to my Mulanje/TT.
The highs together will be super trippy just like good Malawi should be.

img_3018-web.jpg

ost

Nice they look good to go. Hopefully the aging does its magic, it usually does.
I dont touch mine until 9 months usually the high looses that heavy stoned feeling.
I'm currently enjoying some 3 year old Mulanje its just so uplifting and makes me want to get into things.
Anything even stuff I normally dont enjoy I find rewarding.
I love the effect I haven't found it anywhere else except Swazi and crossed to my Mulanje is my next grow. Well both of them actually I need to put down some more Mulanje for the future ha ha.
every one needs a stash of beans ,especiely the mulanje

Tangwena

Veteran
Below are pics of the plants that made cobs 1 and 2 as they were growing.
The seeds from these plants will be crossed to my Mulanje as the two highs are real Malawi laughing grass tripping highs when cobbed aged for a year and chewed.
The result should be real deal chapter five Malawi tripping balls grass.

img_3018-web.jpg

This is what the plants looked like growing.
Number 1
img_2831-web.jpg

Number 2

img_2740-web.jpg

Blending the two cobs is nothing short of amazing in the effects produced.
Life is good ha ha.
Soon come fishing in vaseline like water leaving next week for fishing and cob tripping heaven yeeha!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Below are pics of the plants that made cobs 1 and 2 as they were growing.
The seeds from these plants will be crossed to my Mulanje as the two highs are real Malawi laughing grass tripping highs when cobbed aged for a year and chewed.
The result should be real deal chapter five Malawi tripping balls grass.

View attachment 18984037

This is what the plants looked like growing.
Number 1
View attachment 18984039

Number 2

View attachment 18984038

Blending the two cobs is nothing short of amazing in the effects produced.
Life is good ha ha.
Soon come fishing in vaseline like water leaving next week for fishing and cob tripping heaven yeeha!
What a life! You're always of on another fishing trip😂

(I'm not really jealous)😂

Beautiful colours on those cobs brother.

Have a great trip.

Tangwena

Veteran
Whilst we're talking of going on a trip.

Mrs DM and myself are trying these little guys out later.

View attachment 18984186

We've Both taken a healthy dose of cob as a pre trip settler. 🙂🍄😎💥
Your smoking brother mixing those two will be another world ha ha.

I've been reliving my past lives on that Mulanje I dont know if I'm coming or going ha ha.
There have been some deep tripping in my minds memory. I dont think I can handle any more good news ha ha.
I'm scared shitless of whats going to happen on my fishing trip I can feel the vibrations getting stronger and stronger. Its Like " somebody stop me" time every minute of my day ha ha.
I had a blend today 50/50 I think I'm going for 75/25 tomorrow ha ha.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I wish I could join you on one of your fishing trips.

We'll have a walk down to the river later and watch the frogs and fishes, possibly have a little chat with them🙂

I'm thinking of doing the Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian again this year.
The first time I grew it, I didn't do it justice.

Tangwena

Veteran
I think you would like the Mulanje more talking to nature is normal on that stuff ha ha.
I prefer talking to animals to people most of the time.
Cant wait to reacquaint myself with the Wallabies who live in my garden looking after my fishing camp while I'm away ha ha.

Tangwena

Veteran
First batch of testing. Ready to start trying it.
I have Zamaldelica, golden tiger and Malawi to cobb up in the next few weeks.

View attachment 18984968
Looking beautiful those bags are interesting do they keep the aroma?
You are cobbing the Holy trinity of Aces mega strong effects brother, all three are killer cobbed.
Have you tried the Zamaldelica yet party party ha ha.

Tmik

Looking beautiful those bags are interesting do they keep the aroma?
You are cobbing the Holy trinity of Aces mega strong effects brother, all three are killer cobbed.
Have you tried the Zamaldelica yet party party ha ha.
the holy trinity…lol.
the bags seem to be working as they are supposed to. There is still aroma and flavor. I switched to the terp bags after 4 months in a vac bag.
I will be making cobs of all 3. I am looking forward to it.

your story was an inspiration to get them and give it a try. It is definitely a long term project.

Latest posts

Latest posts