Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2020, 02:35 AM #4101
Fronk

Fronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
Have you partly dried it after the week of Cure?
To get the best out of it it will need to be dried to the touch.
If you have already then just give it a month sealed up and it will be ready.
Yeah it’s dry.
Thanks Tang.
Fronk is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:19 PM #4102
NLbred

NLbred is on a distinguished road
Hey Tang,I just finished my first post AND try at cobbing and I must say it is an excellent choice for curing as an old hippy we do not like to change it up too much but I will say that ALL your info is bang on and turned my smoke into something better and more unique..keep up the great thread. been growing 45 yrs and still learning..it will happen again,thanks Jer
NLbred is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:39 PM #4103
Tangwena

Tangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLbred View Post
Hey Tang,I just finished my first post AND try at cobbing and I must say it is an excellent choice for curing as an old hippy we do not like to change it up too much but I will say that ALL your info is bang on and turned my smoke into something better and more unique..keep up the great thread. been growing 45 yrs and still learning..it will happen again,thanks Jer
Thank you my friend I am glad you found it helpful.
The more you practice the better it gets. I have friends who have run with the idea and now produce mind blowing cures far exceeding my own.
There is no end to the results you can achieve with a little experimentation, its for people like yourself that I originally started this thread. Good on you for having an open mind.

Old 05-28-2020, 10:01 PM #4104
tobedetermined

tobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond repute

My 1st attempt at cobbing, so please don’t laugh. I grew an Ace Malawi fem & after some days of drying, I cobbed 35 grams. Of course, I was high & I messed up a bit & overcooked the sealed cob somewhat. I certainly took it into the decarb temp area. Anyways, I followed through with it & dried & resealed the cob for its week-long ferment. After that, I dried & resealed it May 2 to age. So, at almost 4 weeks now, I opened the smallest bundle to test yesterday.

Yeah, it is dark but it is solid & infused. Unfortunately, it has that decarb smell with something nice in the background but masked. It tastes like it looks. I vaped a bit & it was OK but not special. I don’t really smoke anymore but I did try a bit in a glass pipe. That worked better. Then after lunch, I weighed out ½ gram & munched away. Yeah, it tastes like shit too. After 2 hours, I had a nice mild glow on. At 3+ hours I was very nicely fucked up for numerous hours.

Old 05-28-2020, 11:50 PM #4105
Tangwena

Tangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobedetermined View Post
View Image

My 1st attempt at cobbing, so please don’t laugh. I grew an Ace Malawi fem & after some days of drying, I cobbed 35 grams. Of course, I was high & I messed up a bit & overcooked the sealed cob somewhat. I certainly took it into the decarb temp area. Anyways, I followed through with it & dried & resealed the cob for its week-long ferment. After that, I dried & resealed it May 2 to age. So, at almost 4 weeks now, I opened the smallest bundle to test yesterday.

Yeah, it is dark but it is solid & infused. Unfortunately, it has that decarb smell with something nice in the background but masked. It tastes like it looks. I vaped a bit & it was OK but not special. I don’t really smoke anymore but I did try a bit in a glass pipe. That worked better. Then after lunch, I weighed out ½ gram & munched away. Yeah, it tastes like shit too. After 2 hours, I had a nice mild glow on. At 3+ hours I was very nicely fucked up for numerous hours.
Hi my friend thanks for posting your first attempt as much as it looks and tastes strange it doesn't look too bad and at least you still get high from chewing it.
Its like anything new it takes a bit of practice. You can retain the fruity smell and taste by sweating it for shorter periods and using slightly drier material in the beginning.
A good friend of mine mentioned it took him 5 attempts at chewing before he found the dose that worked for him you may have to increase the dose to get better effects dose size is critical and varies from person to person.
Also this is not a set and forget technique you have to watch use your eyes and nose while it is curing and sweating.
After around 6 to 12 hours you should notice the beads of sweat in the bag and see the color change in the plant material.
I then remove the buds from the bag and dry them to the touch before resealing them up to cure. By doing it slowly and gently and keeping an eye on them you can retain even enhance the terps.
Check the curing buds weekly and touch dry them if they feel damp or wet by doing this you can stop the cobs over fermenting and loosing their sweet fermented fruit smell.
If you find a nice smell that you want to preserve (which can occur any time from week 1 to 4) dry more fully and then reseal to age for a month or more. It is important to dry them as moisture will cause them to continue degradation.
Its an art my friend practice makes perfect.

This is the sort of result your looking for. This cob by UrbanAchiever over on 420.

Old 05-29-2020, 05:33 AM #4106
Tangwena

Purple Honduras x Panama

These cobs have darkened as they aged the dark cobs are very potent trippy in the extreme chewed.
Dark is good if it comes from aging you still retain the sweet port wine aromas and same unique taste.
If the sweat/cure causes them to darken too early/quickly you loose the floral terps in favor of a meatier smell not so pleasant.
The plastic bag these came in is in my pocket the smell of the bag is worth selling ha ha.
The high from Panama and crosses to it cobbed is the stuff of dreams in every way pure bliss.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:03 AM #4107
tobedetermined

tobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond reputetobedetermined has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
and at least you still get high from chewing it.
I actually got very high from that 0.5 grams. That is my comfort level with this I believe. An untypical edible for me because I didn't really blast off until 3 hours after eating it.

Old 05-30-2020, 01:08 PM #4108
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobedetermined View Post
I actually got very high from that 0.5 grams. That is my comfort level with this I believe. An untypical edible for me because I didn't really blast off until 3 hours after eating it.
Thats very good then thats the sort of effect you want.
I have found people who still smoke or vape find it needs a lot more cob to get off it must be because of tolerance being high from smoking or something.
I have a few friends who have given up smoking or lessened it a lot and get a very much better effect from chewing smaller amounts than when they smoked more, which makes sense if its a tolerance build up from smoking.
Just as an experiment try half that dose when you haven't had a smoke and try not to smoke at all that day.
You may find it hard to believe but I never take more than 0.35g most days I use between 0.1g to 0.2g depending on the strength of the grass.
Also it helps speed uptake if you chew it a lot longer until it completely dissolves I get a much quicker hit that way.
Another friend also remarked it took him 5 goes at chewing cob before he felt the full hit. He gets full marks for persistence ha ha.
Its new to your mind and body so it takes a bit of recognizing the start of the high at first.
Its easy to overdose so try lower doses you may be pleasantly surprised.
Good on you for giving it a try for some reason my computer screen is making your cob picture look a very nice color today do you think its my imagination? or maybe the eyes are working better today ha ha.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:58 AM #4109
chronosync
croppin' leaf

chronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to all
Hey all, hope everyone is doing good!

My cob here

by my calendar its been 16 weeks since I wrapped and sweated the cob.

-Vac sealed with no husk 24 hours dried zamaldelca

-incubated in camping cooler and heat mats on a controller for 24 hours @ 104f (+/-)

- opened and dried slightly, re-vacced

-have checked it a few times during the first month but have left it alone until a few days ago

-initially the odor was not very pleasant almost like a burnt or de-carb smell that was mentioned, swampy, dark

- new odor: checking now it has turned to a sickly sweet over-ripe fruit smell combined with muted zamaldelica terps, more on the vegetative carrot woody herbal spectrum, except pine is strongly present

-excessive white film

-scoping did not reveal much, I was expecting to see webs among the trichomes but I'm not sure if I'm seeing plant stem hairs or decapitate or degraded/broken trichomes.

I did however see some interesting formations like you described Tangwena - one of the first things I looked at was those little dots all over it and thats where I found what looked like mountains of crystals ... half trichome, half salt deposit.

So far Ive chopped a small piece off for sampling and the rest was re-sealed for further inspection soon
-the texture was like clay or taffy, still very wet inside, but the pieces I saved for a joint were dry enough to smoke the next day

I'd really appreciate what you all have to say about the cob. Ive already eaten it and smoked it and it seemed fine. more on that later.

Last edited by chronosync; 05-31-2020 at 04:59 AM.. Reason: fixed spacing
chronosync is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:00 AM #4110
chronosync
croppin' leaf

chronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to all
chronosync is offline Quote