Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2020, 12:44 PM #4091
Fermented

that's awesome 40degsouth....looking forward to your comments!

Old 05-23-2020, 04:21 PM #4092
newbert

newbert will become famous soon enoughnewbert will become famous soon enough
game changing thread. much respect to you tangwena for spreading this knowledge.
newbert is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:23 PM #4093
newbert

newbert will become famous soon enoughnewbert will become famous soon enough
this is the only thread needed on curing. almost everything else (at least too me) is 'controlled drying'.
newbert is offline Quote

Old 05-23-2020, 06:35 PM #4094
vanilla dutch

vanilla dutch has much to be proud ofvanilla dutch has much to be proud ofvanilla dutch has much to be proud ofvanilla dutch has much to be proud ofvanilla dutch has much to be proud ofvanilla dutch has much to be proud ofvanilla dutch has much to be proud ofvanilla dutch has much to be proud ofvanilla dutch has much to be proud ofvanilla dutch has much to be proud ofvanilla dutch has much to be proud of
Interesting way to cure.kool thread

Old 05-23-2020, 09:33 PM #4095
Tangwena

Tangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbert View Post
this is the only thread needed on curing. almost everything else (at least too me) is 'controlled drying'.
Me too brother just drying and aging in a jar you hit the nail on the head.

Look at the resin color of a jar cured bud it hasn't changed.
Cob cured resins vary from gold, amber, red orange, to caramel.
All have different effects.

Old 05-23-2020, 10:46 PM #4096
Fronk

Fronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant future
I need to be involved

tang
Fronk is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:39 AM #4097
Fermented

I mostly (dry herb) vape now and I find that cobs and (dry herb) vapes don't work that well together. Even if the cobs are cut up as fine as possible, I still get way more high from smoking the same amount, I guess this is due to the denseness of the cob?

The cob I've used in the past for vaping is too moist and dense for a standard herb grinder, so I slice off fine slivers with a pair of scissors. If I made cobs that were not dense and compressed*, then I guess it would vape ok. But maybe it's not just about surface area and denseness, maybe cobs are best combusted, not vaped to get the full effects? Anyone else tried dry herb vaping with cobs?

*I cob without vacuum sealing and so there's a much finer line between developing surface mold or not having any fermenting taking place....the sweet spot of fermentation is way narrower without a sealer. I've worked out that really densely rolled cobs work best (along with close monitoring from day 3 ~ 30). If mold does occur with a very densely formed cob, then it's just on the surface that can be wiped away with a damp cloth and a fine brush (and then air dry the cob). If the cobs are loosely formed and if mold occurs, it's on all surfaces and you have to throw away the cobs. With experience though, surface mold doesn't occur, just like you don't shudder the clutch on take offs or cut your fingers off when peeling an apple once you have done it a few times.

Last edited by Fermented; 05-24-2020 at 05:55 AM..

Old 05-24-2020, 06:33 AM #4098
Tangwena

Tangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermented View Post
I mostly (dry herb) vape now and I find that cobs and (dry herb) vapes don't work that well together. Even if the cobs are cut up as fine as possible, I still get way more high from smoking the same amount, I guess this is due to the denseness of the cob?

The cob I've used in the past for vaping is too moist and dense for a standard herb grinder, so I slice off fine slivers with a pair of scissors. If I made cobs that were not dense and compressed*, then I guess it would vape ok. But maybe it's not just about surface area and denseness, maybe cobs are best combusted, not vaped to get the full effects? Anyone else tried dry herb vaping with cobs?

*I cob without vacuum sealing and so there's a much finer line between developing surface mold or not having any fermenting taking place....the sweet spot of fermentation is way narrower without a sealer. I've worked out that really densely rolled cobs work best (along with close monitoring from day 3 ~ 30). If mold does occur with a very densely formed cob, then it's just on the surface that can be wiped away with a damp cloth and a fine brush (and then air dry the cob). If the cobs are loosely formed and if mold occurs, it's on all surfaces and you have to throw away the cobs. With experience though, surface mold doesn't occur, just like you don't shudder the clutch on take offs or cut your fingers off when peeling an apple once you have done it a few times.
Hi brother good to see you posting here.
I tried vaping cobs before I eventually gave it away along with smoking.
I think for vaping to work you need the trichs exposed to get the full effect. I never found vaping any good at all, smoking was much more effective IMO.
Also vaping still puts crap in your lungs maybe not smoke but your lungs prefer clean air its what they were designed for after all.

I like chewing the cob over any other method, your mouth and stomach were designed to handle them.
I'm a reformed smoker much like an ex drinker, the worst pain in the ass are people who used to do it to someone who still does it.
So please forgive my prejudices against both smoking and vaping.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:43 AM #4099
Fronk

Fronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant futureFronk has a brilliant future
Now I wait patiently I guess.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BE0E72F6-584C-478B-944E-2836AABFE5E1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	535066
Fronk is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:29 AM #4100
Tangwena

Mulanje cob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronk View Post
Now I wait patiently I guess.
Have you partly dried it after the week of Cure?
To get the best out of it it will need to be dried to the touch.
If you have already then just give it a month sealed up and it will be ready.

Here are some pictures of a Mulanje cob I have dried to the touch after 8hrs sweating and 1 week sealed up.
I have re sealed it to cure now for 1 month.
Before I sealed it up I chewed about 0.2g it was still green tasting but very intense and speedy.
After the month it will have matured and become more trippy. The smell is lovely floral wild honey at the moment.
By the end of 4 weeks it will have amalgamated into a solid chunk and deepened the floral smell to a hashy deep fermented fruit smell.

4 members found this post helpful.