What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
One of my Peruvian Heirlooms from last year 🙏🏼 This one smelled like sweet, tropical fruit, black pepper, plastic, and reminded me of an artificial tropical candy because of the plastic type aroma. Very astringent. The effects are incredly strong. Soaring, cerebral, clear headed, enhanced colors/vision, racing heart, energetic, psychedelic, and meditative. The cobbing brings more mellowness and a feeling of being centered in the body, smoking a pinner joint made me feel like I had ingested a small amount of DMT. Smooth smoke that expands greatly in the lungs. A truly standout "Sativa", one of the best I have encountered.

Bom Bom Bolenath Mahadeva!
I used to love the stringy texture in cobs like that when I still smoked.
I scored some sticky pine disinfectant smelling cobs once from Tete on the Zambezi river in Mozambique, tripped us all out real manic high loved it.

ProfessorLefty

Hola all you cob artists!

Quick question: approximately what is the density, volume / weight, of cob herb?

Like, how big does a 1 oz cob come out? Or 1/2, or 1/4, or whatever size you people shape them into?

I need to get some long term storage ready, and will pack my harvest fairly tight.
Trying to figure out the size of my storage containers for a couple of oz (at a guess, still weeks from harvest).
Won't be a proper cob cure, but I figure cob density will be pretty similar to how I'm going to pack.
I used to store my herb in a similar way a long time ago, 1/4 oz pellets wrapped tight.
They were prob about 12 cm long by 2.5 to 3 cm thick, about 60-80 ml in volume.
That's from memory, early '90s, haha, so could be totally inaccurate.

Thanks!

Mine come out to be about 5cm in diameter and 2cm high, so 40 cm^3 if my math is right (~30g cobs)

Grantlet

BAM Cob 1 week cure.jpg

This is a Black African Magic landrace from seed I purchased from Cora Genetics. This cob is 8 days into cure and it is a sticky resinous sponge. Would you suggest I let it air dry for an hour, or seal it back up to keep curing?

Sweat in a crock pot on the lowest setting for 24 hours. Fermented for 1 week by my router and modem, and has been curing since last week

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
View attachment 18957249

This is a Black African Magic landrace from seed I purchased from Cora Genetics. This cob is 8 days into cure and it is a sticky resinous sponge. Would you suggest I let it air dry for an hour, or seal it back up to keep curing?

Sweat in a crock pot on the lowest setting for 24 hours. Fermented for 1 week by my router and modem, and has been curing since last week

That looks dangerous!

Yeah, let it dry until the surface is touch dry. Then seal her back up; check again in a week or so.

Tangwena

Veteran
View attachment 18957249

Looks tad too moist in the picture I would dry it slowly until almost dry then seal it up to age.
I had some Mulanje cob yesterday completely dried, that had been exposed to 40c day time temps for over a week. I chewed about 0.25g and had about 2 hours of blissed out energy followed bu 3 hours of deep deep tripping inside my head. I had to lay down on my bed and drifted from one fantastic dream to another.
Quite recreational I just let my mind free to wander the world of my memories very therapeutic. When I could finally stand up I was feeling sweet and tranquil with all my worries gone it was a beautiful feeling.

Maria Sanchez

Mine come out to be about 5cm in diameter and 2cm high, so 40 cm^3 if my math is right (~30g cobs)

Thanks, @ProfessorLefty
I'm still thinking about whether I want to try to cob some of my upcoming harvest.
Worried about not being able to do it properly and ending up wasting/destroying the flowers.
And if I do it, how I should do it in my circumstances.
Not bringing any into the house (security).
But it's also not warm enough outside yet.
And can't easily access or check it, everything needs to be able to be left for a week or weeks at a time.

ost

Looks tad too moist in the picture I would dry it slowly until almost dry then seal it up to age.
I had some Mulanje cob yesterday completely dried, that had been exposed to 40c day time temps for over a week. I chewed about 0.25g and had about 2 hours of blissed out energy followed bu 3 hours of deep deep tripping inside my head. I had to lay down on my bed and drifted from one fantastic dream to another.
Quite recreational I just let my mind free to wander the world of my memories very therapeutic. When I could finally stand up I was feeling sweet and tranquil with all my worries gone it was a beautiful feeling.
i took a pass on newyear party ,wanted more age on my cobs , i've done a couple test chews ,and still smokeing herb i get a really peaceful feeling at about 1 hr in the chew , for puts me in a different head space .so i wait for july 4th fireworks and a good cob to chew i have several different strains that are ageing now. i have a stash of 14 different strains in my cob stash ,the first two i cobbed are gone , but they were good i gave 1 smaller cob to my next door neighbor, about 3 days later he told me to watch how much i cut off a cob, he was running around here chewing air cured bud till he got ahold of the first cob he has ever seen .now wants another so come spring i will give him some seed and try to help him do his own! about 40 years ago we partied a lot around together ,play cards drink a few he couldn't smoke ,piss test @ any time . now both retired we are trying to make up for fucked up time in, work prison.

Grantlet

At low temps you can keep it closed for weeks or month at a time with no worries. Everything will just happen much slower, which is to your advantage by the sounds of it.
You won't waste it, give it a go, nothing to lose!
We sampled it last night. It had a VERY smooth smoke out of a bong. We smoked 3 bowls of it, and gave some to a neighbor as well. We are smoking it out of a joint tonight. It smells like starburst!

GreenAndFast

Mango thai clone from 2021 seed plant. This shit will get you going. I woke up with a coughing fit yesterday morning at 3:30am. Couldn't get back to sleep so I smoked this bad boy all morning until I had to go to work at 2pm. She's still as good as I remember. Haven't smoked her in a while my last bud ran out months ago. Remembered why I kept her as a mother. Happy Saturday everyone ❤️
PXL_20240209_091758162.MP.jpg

Tangwena

Veteran
Mango thai clone from 2021 seed plant. This shit will get you going. I woke up with a coughing fit yesterday morning at 3:30am. Couldn't get back to sleep so I smoked this bad boy all morning until I had to go to work at 2pm. She's still as good as I remember. Haven't smoked her in a while my last bud ran out months ago. Remembered why I kept her as a mother. Happy Saturday everyone ❤️
View attachment 18957880
Candy man ha ha, those pressed bars really show of the cure nicely dont they.
I love looking at the cures in those bars, it shows off the cure better than a cob. Sometimes it hard to do a cob cure justice in a picture.

GreenAndFast

Also had a bit of the mango Thai stick. It's sooo good man. So hard to describe the smell but a heavenly sweetness and super terpy. I opened and drier out a few of the others too.
Mango Thai #2 Thai stick cob
PXL_20240210_080744125.MP.jpg

Acid beauty which is much thicker.
PXL_20240210_080019750.MP.jpg

Mango Thai #4. Poor yield and a bit of a scraggly plant but the cob looks good
PXL_20240210_080013423.jpg

And finally my favourite weed of all time. This one will be aged for a longggg time. She has always got better with age and I imagine this will be amplified with this cure.
PXL_20240210_080002744.jpg

Have a great weekend guys. Stay lit.

Tangwena

Veteran
Great genetics make great cob brother lucky we can all find our sweet spot genetics wise and just keep working on making better and better plants and cures.
I have several cobs aged that I just hit on special occasions, which seem to come along every day ha ha.
Life itself is a special occasion isn't it?

Tangwena

Veteran
will try with thai landraces. Tangwena can you help me. In my home town 20 years ago we have weed look like this. The effect like walk on the heaven smell like dried peel orange miss it so much. When i tell story to people nobody belive me. sorry for my eng.
We are always here to help my friend. Sounds like you had some well cured weed you can always tell the difference cant you?

weedebook

We are always here to help my friend. Sounds like you had some well cured weed you can always tell the difference cant you?
This is thai landrace. Fisrt time to try cob with her. Now her smell like sour mango. waiting for vacum seal arrive. i will report to you. Have you try sweat in sea water. in my memory the seller store them in the sea and bring it for sell.

Attachments

• 1707877307191.jpg
    1707877307191.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24
  • 1707877307169.jpg
    1707877307169.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26