Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2020, 06:46 AM #4111
Tangwena

Tangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronosync View Post
Hey all, hope everyone is doing good!

My cob here

by my calendar its been 16 weeks since I wrapped and sweated the cob.

-Vac sealed with no husk 24 hours dried zamaldelca

-incubated in camping cooler and heat mats on a controller for 24 hours @ 104f (+/-)

- opened and dried slightly, re-vacced

-have checked it a few times during the first month but have left it alone until a few days ago

-initially the odor was not very pleasant almost like a burnt or de-carb smell that was mentioned, swampy, dark

- new odor: checking now it has turned to a sickly sweet over-ripe fruit smell combined with muted zamaldelica terps, more on the vegetative carrot woody herbal spectrum, except pine is strongly present

-excessive white film

-scoping did not reveal much, I was expecting to see webs among the trichomes but I'm not sure if I'm seeing plant stem hairs or decapitate or degraded/broken trichomes.

I did however see some interesting formations like you described Tangwena - one of the first things I looked at was those little dots all over it and thats where I found what looked like mountains of crystals ... half trichome, half salt deposit.

So far Ive chopped a small piece off for sampling and the rest was re-sealed for further inspection soon
-the texture was like clay or taffy, still very wet inside, but the pieces I saved for a joint were dry enough to smoke the next day

I'd really appreciate what you all have to say about the cob. Ive already eaten it and smoked it and it seemed fine. more on that later.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image
Thank you for posting so much info it makes it really easy to comment my friend.
To me that looks like a good cure just dry it more fully or it may spoil.
The fact you mention the sweet smell means you opened it at a good time. A week either side would see the smell either developing or maturing.
Its this time that you can make or break the cure. You have done a good job so far I hope you find something special once dried.
Zamaldelica chewed when cured this way is very potent like going up on acid if you get all the stars lined up.
Harvest window, sweat time, cure time ect ect.
That should be an excellent chew or smoke once dried please let me know your thoughts after a thorough and deep investigation.
Its one of my favorite highs chewed white knuckle ride to disneyland ha ha..

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:05 AM #4112
chronosync
croppin' leaf

chronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to all
Oh man, thanks!

I was a little worried about the white film even though by the smell there was no reason to think there was anything wrong but thank you for putting my mind at ease with an expert opinion. In fact its kind of addictive, the smell. I'm drying it out now and had it in a jar briefly and opening after a few hours was pretty nice. Good good. Has a nice gasoline type tinge to it. Or liquor. I cant wait to try it, thank you.
chronosync is offline Quote

Old 06-01-2020, 03:48 AM #4113
chronosync
croppin' leaf

chronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to allchronosync is a name known to all
This is my fist try at cobbing, what's left of it anyways

It was started almost 8 months ago and treated the same as the above example except I'm pretty sure It got less heat during the sweat and was allowed to dry out sooner and age. This most recent attempt I doubled up on the heat mats and had no issue getting it warm enough. I included a pic of both cobs for color comparison.

I smoked this one (light cob) last night and boy was I happy! I've been trying it every few weeks for a while and recently just let it rest for a while now and man, what a difference. 6 month +++ cure FTW

Very smooth and easy to smoke, very light tasting at first, getting richer as it burns. Beautiful almost overwhelming perfume element and hints of wood, berries, carrot Half way through the joint it stated smelling like straight hash and burning with a ring of golden amber resin. It was very pretty. I really don't think I've been blasted like that in a long time. I ate the shake that was left from rolling up but prolly wasn't more than .15g

Very intense and beautiful experience, borderline opium dream material starting off very bright electric and alert. High lasted 4+ hours until I fell asleep. I will try to re-visit it tonight the same way and let you guys know if it hits the same.

chronosync is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:25 AM #4114
Tangwena

Tangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond reputeTangwena has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronosync View Post
This is my fist try at cobbing, what's left of it anyways

It was started almost 8 months ago and treated the same as the above example except I'm pretty sure It got less heat during the sweat and was allowed to dry out sooner and age. This most recent attempt I doubled up on the heat mats and had no issue getting it warm enough. I included a pic of both cobs for color comparison.

I smoked this one (light cob) last night and boy was I happy! I've been trying it every few weeks for a while and recently just let it rest for a while now and man, what a difference. 6 month +++ cure FTW

Very smooth and easy to smoke, very light tasting at first, getting richer as it burns. Beautiful almost overwhelming perfume element and hints of wood, berries, carrot Half way through the joint it stated smelling like straight hash and burning with a ring of golden amber resin. It was very pretty. I really don't think I've been blasted like that in a long time. I ate the shake that was left from rolling up but prolly wasn't more than .15g

Very intense and beautiful experience, borderline opium dream material starting off very bright electric and alert. High lasted 4+ hours until I fell asleep. I will try to re-visit it tonight the same way and let you guys know if it hits the same.

View Image View Image View Image
Sounds perfect my friend you have a lighter cure to compare to the darker cure both are different highs to me.
The white stuff is called bloom it occurs in cigars as they age as well.
Under the scope its like crystals I dont know what it is ie salts, resins ect.
If its dried well it will not mold unless it gets too damp from high humidity ect.
The deep high experiences from good pot grown and harvested properly. Then cured this way, if its done right are very special elite highs.
Its not easy and takes practice but it is so worth it.
Once you have several good strains all cured in this way it will seduce you and you will get better and better at everything you do in the future grows and cures.
Its truly black magic old school African medicine.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:58 AM #4115
Tangwena

Mulanje x Mal/Ethiopian (Aces)

10 days no sweat drying now before sealing to age.
Heavenly aromas I will carry the smelly bag around in my breast pocket to keep the trips coming ha ha.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:23 AM #4116
Tangwena

I have tried the below buds twice now after cutting off a small 1/4 ounce piece.
The first time I got so high and out of control I cant remember exactly what happened.
But I met 3 very drunk and high guys from the local pub on a jetty I was fishing from.
My wife was fishing along with a dozen other people on another jetty about 300 yards away.
She said she and all the others could here nothing but crazy out of control laughter from the four of us and my voice raised up so high above the loud fracus everyone was laughing at the out of control situation going on on the other jetty ha ha.
I enjoyed the interaction but had to try it again 2 days later when I had some painting work to do.

This time I could take notes it was super euphoric, trippy and made me feel super human cock sure of myself even though I was tripping out on tangents I was not paranoid at all I could have got arrested and laughed my ass off ha ha.

Its like the super Malawi laughing grass I used to score as a kid very other worldly very unreal but super in control of the situation and laughed all day.
My mind was working super clear, fast and I had access to a mental library of interesting facts and anecdotes also I was physically strong to go with my strong euphoric energy.
Once this is aged it will be very hard to handle the high unless you have experience just what I was after in a plant.

This is the plant, one of the branches and the cured buds ready to dry and age Dynamite Tripping grass yeeha!

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2020, 08:36 PM #4117
carnalrekt

carnalrekt will become famous soon enoughcarnalrekt will become famous soon enough
Hey all,
This is a great thread. I thought i should share another somewhat similar traditional process of curing. A but a friend from the state of Manipur, a North Eastern state in India , described how the good weed was stuffed into bamboo sections and then thrown on a sunny roof. I thought it a strange thing to do at the time but it makes more sense now. He also said that you could buy it by the number of years it was aged!! I havent found any more info online about the process, but if anybody who reads this is from Manipur or knows someone from there, it would be great to share any info you might find about the process.
carnalrekt is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2020, 09:42 PM #4118
carnalrekt

carnalrekt will become famous soon enoughcarnalrekt will become famous soon enough
Ah It exists!!
https://steemit.com/marijuana/@katte...ing-and-curing
carnalrekt is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2020, 09:50 PM #4119
Sertaiz

Sertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud ofSertaiz has much to be proud of
cool carnal ill try that someday
Sertaiz is offline Quote

Old 06-18-2020, 09:55 PM #4120
funkyhorse

funkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud offunkyhorse has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalrekt View Post
Hey all,
This is a great thread. I thought i should share another somewhat similar traditional process of curing. A but a friend from the state of Manipur, a North Eastern state in India , described how the good weed was stuffed into bamboo sections and then thrown on a sunny roof. I thought it a strange thing to do at the time but it makes more sense now. He also said that you could buy it by the number of years it was aged!! I havent found any more info online about the process, but if anybody who reads this is from Manipur or knows someone from there, it would be great to share any info you might find about the process.

Place your fresh quality ganja inside the bamboo and seal it with honey from both sides.

Honey makes vacuum
After 2 weeks drying on a sunny roof, it is ready for smoking.
And as happens with most decent ganjas and hash, the longer you cure it, the better it is.

I hope it helps
funkyhorse is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.