What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stealth harvesting techniques searched on 5 forums and haven't seen a topic on this!

Mariano Gomes

So I have read on the forums during the times of harvest is when the plant would smell the most. But I haven't found exact instructions on how to keep stealth during harvest. I live with one other person in the house who I am keeping this from. Buying all the essentials like carbon filter and ona buckets.... The grow tent will be in a locked room and will be exhausting air during harvest. My plan around this time will be to close all the windows the carbon scrubber would exhaust in the room and I would place the ona gel outside the room and one as well in the living room. Are there holes in my procedure? Would adding a cheap ozone generator outside my tent help as well. I want to be extra stealthy. Better safe than butt rape.

Let me just offer a word of warning. Those that use cannabis can detect it no matter what you do to prevent that. Like a bloodhound tracking a scent, they will know you are either using or growing.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
keeping it from your roomy is a recipe for disaster, practically impossible.
clue them in or don't try it.

studied opinion tho'.

good luck!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These guys are telling you the truth. If your living situation will not support a grow, then don't attempt to push things.

However, if you really want to piss everyone off and risk being evicted, the best known method would be to water cure the flowers. Now, there are many sacrifices you make in terms of quality, but, if stealth is the ultimate goal, water curing is your best option. There is a thread here about it.

dank.Frank

Easy7

Veteran
Being secretive sucks, especially growing stinkers.

I could see covert drying up to 2 lbs in a tent with scrubber in closet, but that is all. Drying is quick, growing is always slow (like 3 - 4 months).

Mick

Veteran
What everyone else said.
Ozone is toxic. This info is from the NSW Government.

Exposure to ozone.

" Can cause eye, nose, throat and lung irritation, cough and shortness of breath.
May exacerbate chronic respiratory diseases such as asthma.
Is likely to increase hospital admissions and emergency room visits for respiratory disease.
Can also adversely affect indoor plants, and damage materials such as rubber, electrical wire coatings, and fabrics."

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/environment/factsheets/Pages/ozone-generators.aspx

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
If you use a 4 x 8 tent with a quality 8" fan and filter you should be able to grow a 4 x 4 in half the tent and have room in the rest to get inside and zip yourself in to work on them, harvest, dry trim and jar as well as clean yourself up with ISO before you exit the tent.

Wear a tyvek suit inside so you don't track the smell out.

G

Gr33nSanta

you remember when you first started growing weed how fucking dumb you were?

stim

beware the ona is gonna make them want to look and fans are fucking loud! DOn't do it but if you do consider sublimating the crop to cure it will probably kill the terps but it will dry you buds fast. Place dry ice under your crop and let it suck the moisture out of the buds were talking hours not weeks to cure Good luck rent a fucking u haul and don't tell anyone!

redlaser

Veteran
I think technically speaking you could hide the smell but the bigger hurdle would be 3-4 months of running fans and ona/ozone smells unless that’s somehow dampened. Even vegetative plants can smell strong, so I would plan to treat the air from the beginning. Some plants don’t smell a lot, like a C99 I have, it could be grown places other pot couldn’t, smells like pineapple.

Stakes sound a little high for me honestly, might be worth looking for a spot without the butt rape option, I dunno.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
You're trying hard to fit a square peg in a round hole. Stop it. Find a little spot outdoor and grow/dry it there. That's the only option you have. Or better yet, just go buy it until you have your own place in the country.

Athos

My situation is similar.

There are several people were I'm living that don't know I'm growing and I took several steps to insure it stays that way.

1. I built a wooden grow box with a lock. From the outside it looks just like a piece of white furniture, with a carbon filter and a silent fan and I do mean silent, only in the dead of night you can hear it in the same room. The grow box is located in my own bedroom for added security.

2. Been a micro grow, it uses only 60 watts in veg and 78 in flower, so the added electricity is barely noticeable.

3. I only open it after everyone goes to sleep, usually after midnight, be it to do some watering, LST and / or harvest.

4. I can harvest between 1.5 and 2 oz, which is enough for personal use, while the next crop grows.

5. I dry inside the grow box, that way the smell of drying buds is nullified by the carbon filter.