What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

KK's LED grow show

Hello everyone! After seeing Lap's thread and results I just had to join in and try growing with LEDs for myself. I quit growing a few years back due to space limitations and heat issues with HPS, now I wont have those issues with this LED setup!

I am using (2) secret jardin DP90 tents measuring 35L x 24W x 35H.

I bought the LED strips from a seller on alibaba,

continued...

Last edited:
wiring diagram for reference;

LED calculator/spec info

Seeds started; master kush, zkittlez, blue cookies, sfv og, riddler (gg4xog), chempie, limepie. All are bagseed except the chempie/limepie which I made with cherry pie pollen and chem91/limekush females.

Last edited:

tocix

@Cleardomes420
ICMag Donor
sick!!, well done man making me really want to do this asap .. great thread!!

how solid is that bottom tent with the extra weight on it?

Pretty solid, this design was the reason why I didnt go with some offbrand tents as I have had secret jardin before and was pleased with the quality. I have done a test loading up what I estimated to be the similar weight of soil/plants/ect and seems to be sturdy enough.

quick update, 88% germination rate, seedlings are happy. I had the light stationary at the top but went and got some chains to lower it, hoping to mitigate some stretch by adjusting it accordingly.

B

Bongi

I am following this. I might build similar stack of tents for dads and mothers. I did not even think about using them in that way. Thank you very much for inspiration!

How many CFM or m3/h your fan is?

Rock on brother, Ill be watching

Thanks RR!!

This'll be a fun one to watch, count me in!

Right on Coughie!!

I'll pull up a chair

Might have to sell this setup idea to my dad.

The pressure is on! :D

I am following this. I might build similar stack of tents for dads and mothers. I did not even think about using them in that way. Thank you very much for inspiration!

How many CFM or m3/h your fan is?

I appreciate it Bongi, I am using a 4in 200 cfm fan with a controller which is fine but might step it up and use a slightly bigger fan.

quick update with whats going on;
Here are the seedlings vegging under the 4k fixture

Here is the mixed spectrum fixture composed of 3500k, 4000k, 5000k strips. Simplified the wiring too by combining wires & using less wagos.

Soil is all mixed up and ready,
For my base mix I used 30% FFOF, 30% coco, 20% perlite, 20% ewc.
For my amendments I added 1 tbsp of blood meal, kelp meal, azomite & 2 tbsp of dolomite lime and bone meal per gallon of substrate

I prepped the two flowering tents with the soil beds and put together this 2x2x2 veg tent with a 96w T5 fixture in there. It is pretty tight in here but it will work :D

By the way with the flowering tents loaded with maximum soil/lights/fans/storage on top it is still very stable.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good stuff, subb'd !
That's just how I grow, living soil and leds.
I'm using screw in leds and a different fixture, but I like your design for building yours, those heat sink bars look very good.
Also the spacer is a great idea. Now add blumat watering to your setup and you will not have much to do until harvest hahaha.

What wattage are your diodes ?
Good goings Sir
CC

you will grow with sog metode?

Probably

Good stuff, subb'd !
That's just how I grow, living soil and leds.
I'm using screw in leds and a different fixture, but I like your design for building yours, those heat sink bars look very good.
Also the spacer is a great idea. Now add blumat watering to your setup and you will not have much to do until harvest hahaha.

What wattage are your diodes ?
Good goings Sir
CC

Diodes are 21w/m, each fixture is 200w.

great minds think alike, have this ready, just waiting for the plants to get bigger :D

Did you drill any drainage on those pots?

Not yet and not sure if I will.