Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Announcements > Changing ICMag's Template - Testers Needed

Thread Title Search
Changing ICMag's Template - Testers Needed Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2015, 09:51 AM #21
SoufLondon

SoufLondon is a jewel in the roughSoufLondon is a jewel in the roughSoufLondon is a jewel in the roughSoufLondon is a jewel in the roughSoufLondon is a jewel in the roughSoufLondon is a jewel in the roughSoufLondon is a jewel in the rough
here is a shot in "desktop" view, again on windows phone 8.1
SoufLondon is offline Quote

Old 05-18-2015, 09:59 AM #22
SoufLondon

SoufLondon is a jewel in the roughSoufLondon is a jewel in the roughSoufLondon is a jewel in the roughSoufLondon is a jewel in the roughSoufLondon is a jewel in the roughSoufLondon is a jewel in the roughSoufLondon is a jewel in the rough
It seems to be stretching for images and quoted text. Iv just tested on windows phone 10 and have same rendering issues

Old 05-18-2015, 10:05 AM #23
SoufLondon

the drop box at the foot of the page also seems to stretch out the page, even if all the comments are within the green frame

Old 05-18-2015, 10:06 AM #24
SoufLondon

To clarify, yes im using internet explorer.

User agent string from win8.1 handset:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; ARM; Trident/7.0; Touch; rv:11.0; WPDesktop; Lumia 930) like Gecko

Old 05-18-2015, 12:34 PM #25
Skip
Let's Get Small!

Skip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for all the help Souf. Ah, yeah, IE is a drag. You know they're no longer going to update IE. it's over!
Windows 10 will have a whole new browser.

Can you try another browser? I'm sure you'll have more success.

Also, we'll still have the full site template available, it just won't be the default.
So if that ends up being the best you can still use it.

Thanks

"Prohibition is the gateway to fascism." - Treewizard
Skip is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:42 PM #26
SoufLondon

No problem!
unfortunately the problem seems to be persistent in multiple browsers; here are screenshots taken in opera mini and uc browser. Firefox doesnt seem to have been compiled for windows phone... (im suspicious that both opera and uc are using i.e source code; probs used .net sdk)

I have access to a dev windows 10 handset, ill have a play on that later and see if any other browser configurations fix the rendering issue. I bet its i.e's fault anyway- its got all sorts of stupid "legacy" problems!

So long as the option for the "desktop" view is still there i cant see there being any problem :P cheers!

Old 05-18-2015, 06:55 PM #27
Skip
Let's Get Small!

Skip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond reputeSkip has a reputation beyond repute
Souf, I agree with what you said.

Opera mini has been a drag for the last year now. The full version of Opera does work well however.

Yes, with a Windows phone you're likely to have some problems, however you have given me a few clues as to how to fix it, so I will continue to work on it.

I have the full version of win 8.1 on a laptop, so I can test the metro IE to an extent, but I'm sure it's a bit different on windows phone.

Skip is offline Quote

Old 05-18-2015, 09:00 PM #28
Skip
Let's Get Small!

How about now?

Skip is offline Quote

Old 05-19-2015, 02:37 AM #30
BadSushi

BadSushi will become famous soon enough
Oh my god I think I just found a new home. I have honestly avoided this site because other sites had kick ass mobile platforms but it looks like Icmagg just one upped them
BadSushi is offline Quote