What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grandoggy Purps / XMas Special Grow

woolybear

Veteran
Hello ICMag,

Here's another grow thread. I didn't document my last run, and kind of wish I did, heh.

In celebration of ojd's and tru's return, I'm growing 3 beans each of regular (non-fem) Grandoggy Purps and the 2010 XMas Special I bought one year ago (2010).

I just rubbed down my main tent with bleach and emptied it out. The 6 babies are now in there chilling under two 4' T5 lights.

They are currently in party cups. Will move them into 1-gallon cloth grow bags in perlite.

**editing post to insert info:

the gdp are very slow vegers, its just the strain so dont worry about them being slow takes double time to veg my gdp up compared to other strains when i flower them
but it is def worth the wait.. LINK

the longest chem pheno's will go 10 weeks... an extra flush always brings purple out.
... 67 day of flowering, they have been flushed and fed plain tap water for 14 days and spring water for the last 4 days, after another 3 days of spring water the plants that are ready will come down while the rest continue to get spring water till they are ready. LINK

Here's picture of the young'ins. 10 DAYS OLD:

picture.php

I believe the GDPs will need a good veg. According to Krunchbubble the XMAS beans have the potential to be 60-day flowerers.

Can't wait to see these plants thrive! Here's a pic of them at birth:

picture.php

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
going to be alot of fun bro

il be along for the ride

peace

the gnome

Veteran
everyone loves a purple grow wb
I'll keep tabs on your xmas special grow :D
I have some GDoggyP fems about 2 weeks old now

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
Day 11 from Seed

Day 11 from Seed

Here's a picture one day later:

picture.php

You can see the first row GDP's fat indica leaves forming. Pretty cool!

They are in my main tent with a 300w LED and about 100w of CFLs/T5.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good bro, love the colour of LED's.......my T5 is busted so may be time to invest in one soon, what do you think of their veg growth?

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
baby look'n so sweet wb...ill be watching this run!!
i hope to try grow gdp soon at my next run in gennary...can't wait grower!!!
have a high xmas and happy new year lol!!!

woolybear

Veteran
Looking good bro, love the colour of LED's.......my T5 is busted so may be time to invest in one soon, what do you think of their veg growth?

I've my LED for a year, about 3 crops. The first crop I vegged under the LED and later ones T-5s... I think under the LEDs they stayed squatter and had move vigorous shine/color in the leaves...

If you check out my very first grow, those plants were all vegged under LEDs.

I'll take a side picture... you can see the difference in stretch from when I moved the seedlings under the LED.

So yeah, they work great! I think they run much cooler than even the equivalent wattage in CFLs.

I bought my 300w for 1k USD... the vendor has a new model, 290w, for $750. If I was to do it again, I'd buy two smaller panels instead of one big one... the price was the same at the time.

For my next upgrade, I was thinking about trying vert but I think the Grandoggy P would be better suited for regular horizontal growing.

That, and if I went to HID I'd need to start drawing power from my dryer circuit, which is another project, lol.

I may splurge on another LED as I've saved at least $3,000 since i've started growing in weed costs, above the cost of equipment. :)

woolybear

Veteran
day 13

day 13

First row is the xmas special, top is GDP.

I'm wondering if I mislabelled them lol, so far the Xmas plants are more uniform and vigorous.

Love them all!

picture.php

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
day 20 from seed

day 20 from seed

day 20 from seed

plants are looking healthy. a bit of yellowing on some leaves, telling me they need more food! :)

All the girls are quite stocky. They have been transplanted into 1 gallon fiber pots, which will be their forever homes. They've been in them for a couple of days now:

picture.php

side shot:

picture.php

detail shots of an xmas special:

picture.php

picture.php

:thank you:

woolybear

Veteran
Thanks adrift!

I notice these little guys dont like the cold. Also, a couple seem to be nute hungry!

I am wondering what the next step in training them is. Under the leds they are squat as midgets.... plus i've been running the fan on them so they've developed sturdy stems.

I think I'll simply need to top them at least once very soon. Will have to check out the other threads for info.

thanks icmag

edit: i don't want to top them because theyre so pretty, but i know it must be done. time to clean off the scissors!