What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which strains are 1:1?

dddaver

Veteran
Which strains are 1:1, THC:CBD, and where can I buy seeds? I've heard of catatonic. That might be sold as clone only though.

Breadwizard

Ace's Lebanese looks to be pretty close to 1:1 depending on the phenotypical expression, appears to be pretty varied of a gene pool though, so may require a bit of digging.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dancehall, Pennywise, and Cannatonic come to mind.

We have several, but not 1:1. More like 4:1 thc/CBD. The hemp we're doing are a different ballgame.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I gotta question. Figured this was as good a place as any.

I used to hear alot of people say that 1:1 ratio was best. Now I hear 2:1. A podcast back or two I heard Adam Dunn say 2 or 3:1
I have a feeling that we hear these things because different breeders and businesses happen to have a strain close and start a "advertising campaign".

Anyways... Is there any information that says that it must be in the same bud to get best effects?
Would it be any less medicinal if I smoked a hit of THC only bud and then followed up with a hit of CBD only bud?

troutman

Seed Whore
I bet Landraces on average are more 1:1 than most modern strains.

Reason: Most modern strains were selected for high THC and not CBD so the ratio is skewed.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
i noticed that high thc varieties in autoflowering form have an increased level cbd in them due to the ruderalis
also had some vcdc, and cbd skunks those had also high dosage of cbd