What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Extracting THCA, avoiding decarboxylation

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
WTF???
Simply put the Omega EFA's are not Cannabinoids. Are they?
That and Cannabis can be rich in Cannabinoids or just one Cannabinoid or even no Cannabinoids depending on the variety of Cannabis.
Hash oil is not produced on the surface of the flowers, etc, trichomes are produced which can produce Cannabinoids or they can be extracted to produce hash, hash oil or weed oil. The plant does not produce hash oil.

I am very familiar with hemp seed as a source of EFA's, I developed FINOLA the variety with the best ratio of EFA's for human nutrition, and the highest yields on record per acre.
-SamS

greetnz
Put simply, omega 6 is used by the body to make chemical signals which have a pro-inflammatory action, this is necessary to ward off pathogens and assist wound healing.
Omega 3 produces chemical messengers which damp down inflammation.
When the intake of omega 3 and 6 is about 1:3 the system is in balance, with just enough inflammation, but appropriately damped.

With omega 3 deficiency the body is in a state of chronic inflammation.

Omega 3 and omega 6 are essential for the construction of functional cannabinoid receptor sites.
Every time a cell divides, whether it is a brain cell, or a body cell, it needs to make new skin to grow back to its full size, and that involves making a whole bunch of new receptors.

And this is where the cutting edge of science starts - to make functional CB1 receptors, you absolutely need Omega-3 in "Nutritional Omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.” Omega 6 is related to functional CB2 receptor sites.

Hempseed oil is produced inside the hemp seed.
Hempseed Oil is 80% essential fatty acids, mostly omegas 6 and 3

Hash oil is produces on the surface of the flowers, leaf and stems of the cannabis plant.
Hash Oil is rich in THC, CBD and other cannabinoids

Radic

ouchy!!!
dont shoot the messenger
that came from granny storm crows list
WTF???
no Cannabinoids depending on the variety of Cannabis.
huh?? never seen that variety,,, lol prob never want too
The plant does not produce hash oil.
i extract hash oil from cannabis i dont make it.
SS your so right
trichomes are structures found on the outer surfaces of cannabis leaf, flowers and stems. the trichomes produce Cannabinoids, terpenes and flavornoids. which is exactly what you for a whole plant medicinal extract. all i do is--> separate the Cannabinoids, terpenes and flavornoids, which is hash oil, from the leaf, bud and stems, i dont produce hash oil i just separate and capture it from the plant
I am very familiar with hemp seed as a source of EFA's, I developed FINOLA the variety with the best ratio of EFA's for human nutrition, and the highest yields on record per acre.
congratz
100 days from seed to harvest, you gotta love that

but all this is off subject
so how do you recommend people perform cannabinolic acid extracts???

picture.php

i use fresh picked buds and QCW
like this

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I can get over 80% THCA with dry sift. Depending on the variety and how processed and stored, the THC can be almost zero, the other Cannabinoids are also in their acid forms if present.
You can easily make dry sift resin that is over 50-70% THCA with little or no THC, then freeze it until needed. It is also terpene rich.
I don't really do solvent extracts.
-SamS

ouchy!!!
dont shoot the messenger
that came from granny storm crows list
huh?? never seen that variety,,, lol prob never want too

i extract hash oil from cannabis i dont make it.
SS your so right
trichomes are structures found on the outer surfaces of cannabis leaf, flowers and stems. the trichomes produce Cannabinoids, terpenes and flavornoids. which is exactly what you for a whole plant medicinal extract. all i do is--> separate the Cannabinoids, terpenes and flavornoids, which is hash oil, from the leaf, bud and stems, i dont produce hash oil i just separate and capture it from the plant

congratz
100 days from seed to harvest, you gotta love that

but all this is off subject
so how do you recommend people perform cannabinolic acid extracts???

View Image

i use fresh picked buds and QCW
like this

Radic

yep i have a 70mc silk screen and a 100mc stainless screen. and then a 10mc nylon to capture on.
the 10mc nylon screen lets mold spores and dust escape but not the 100mc Trichomes.
dry ice helps a lot.

but there is still up to 30% impurities in the dry shake
how do you deal with that???

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
If you check the forums people are using a dvd box and a piece of parchment paper have you tried that?
-SamS

Radic

lol,,, no soundz a bit small time for me...
what yields are they getting???
oh!!! are you talking about a static electric extract.. yep that's fun but,,,you gotta automate the process otherwize its all a bit too much labor after the novality wares off..

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
a good method for cold extraction is outlined here: http://skunkpharmresearch.com/qwet-extraction/

to keep your cannabinoids in the acid form evaporate your solvent in a pan with as large a surface area as possible. (thin film)
use a fan instead of heat to facilitate the evaporation and cover the pan with a clean furnace air filter to prevent foreign matter from blowing into your oil.

there's much research on Alzheimer's treatment happening in Israel now and they are using decarbed cannabis not the acid form I believe. CBD for preventative measures and THC for palliative treatment.

Knei-Bosem

hey bennyweed,

have you looked into juicing... if you get the right juicer it makes quite a bit of juice that is surprisingly easy to drink and full of acidic cannabinoids... but I think most conditions benefit from full spectrum cannabis raw and decarbed THC and CBD.

View Image
Hi Infitesmal,
is freezing raw juice or blended the best option for longer term storage? if so whats the quickest way to defrost?

Knei-Bosem

what about this idea? soak the fresh late autumn bud in hemp oil and store in fridge..? would his preserve the phyto-nutrients,the living enzymes?