What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LST training in detail. Why bushes are better

G

Hey truecannabliss (great nic) those are some purrrrdy ladies you got there at what height do you start training them? like how you didnt bent the main stem.

packn2puff

IC Official Assistant to the Insistent
Veteran
I'm bumping this thread....too much good info to end up in thread wasteland...

ThePaleHorse

Heres my sage LST

Heres my sage LST

My first grow 6 months ago...SAGE LST..thanks to you all...

Only grew one...and LST helped me yield alot more...

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
my most lst'ed plant showed her tits yesterday! 5 tops of bagseed beauty, thanks lst ;)

/will be lsting his SSH, TFB, SDv3, and SC once they are ready

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
help

help

i have lsted for two grows now. i do it to keep plants low and have uniform buds. i have had a problem though. my canopy is perfect when i start the flowering, but by the time the stretch is over, my canopy is crazy. is this because of the variation in my genes? any info or tips are appreciated. peace and smoke

from this

to this

just not as uniform as i would like, maybe 6 3 gallon growbags in a c13 was too much.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
LST is awesome. I tried it on my last grow and got good results. I think LST is a must if you grow with smaller lights. I always LST my plants in veg no matter what. It keeps them short and bushy. Perfect if don't have much space. Good thread.

G

*bumped for those whom are new to this, just joining us, and/or never heard of this*

G

Damn I wish I had some pics of my first try at lst. Thanks to cap, I ended up doubling my yield :yoinks: Thanks again cap :wave:

guerilla

darrinjefferson

heres my new cab w/ my new 400watt
i keep all my ladies tied over
i will throw some better ones up once i start flower

before tie down

after tie down and minus a few males

later

1. How much time does this add to your grow?

2. everytime u bend the plant... u get one extra head\area for a cola to develop?

3. can u do this then put just the heads in to a SOG?

here is a quick highlight of what i got going on.
3 white skunk seeds (flower time is 45-55 days) started on the 9th of sep. in a tub type grow w\4 -42 watt CFLS. there is a link in the SIG to my grow.... what i am trying to find out basically is if i start LSTing them how much longer should i set a side for my final harvest? i have projected that the grow should end w\out LSTing right about thanksgiving(3 weeks of veg - 55 days of flower = 75 or so days). MY final date i can strech to is dec. 10th leaving me with a week of drying time.

Last edited:
G

I don't add any extra time then I would if not using LST methodology. Because it is low stress, the plant doesn't have to recover like it would if topping (high stress).

After they are bent, the growth in the nodes below will start rising upwards - new growtips. The plant at this point seems smaller, more compact. Don't let that fool you, she catches up fast - her growth hasn't been impaired by stress and will bush out rather fast. I always end up doing minor adjustments and reties/additional ties to ensure lights gets through everywhere.

So, go ahead and LST and keep your grow normal schedule. I do and there is no change in time. When I first did LST, I grew plants of the same strain that were planted at the same time. Grew LST and non-LST plants together and they finished at the same time.

Adding extra time is merely how much extra bush and height you prefer as a grower. The same as it would be if you didn't LST.