What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I want to be formal, but I'm here to party

mushroombrew

Veteran
Thanks for the feedback! She's a GTH1. I think you are right, but I haven't had a chance to see with my own eyes. I get back there in 4 days. All these plants are on the same res, how do you recommend giving her a little more mag than the others? Also, what rate? I do add cal/mag to my water to .3EC (from 0EC).

1-2ml per gallon calmag foliar spray should do the trick.
Spray a couple times a day. Spray water only every third day.

saitama

day 13 of 12/12 and the girl in the back left seems to have gotten a little toasty. I asked my caregiver to raise the light up a bit. I'm pretty my cheapo PAR meter reads low by a hundred or two umols. Hopefully she bounces back.

They seem to be stretching a little slow. This is my first time growing sativa dominant strains, so I'd love any input from seasoned 80% and 100% sativa growers. I'm probably just being impatient, but I could have sworn my glueberry stretched much faster.

LHvEUbch.jpg

8ewkgnlh.jpg

Last edited:

mushroombrew

Veteran
I think everybody needs some Mag. I thought maybe iron. It could still be both.

You see the overall light color. And the leaf viens are darker.

Mag def usually starts near the tip and works back.

Iron is opposite and fades from the leaf base.

Calibrate pH pen if you have one. I still say foliar with Cal Mag. Some have iron too may be an idea.

saitama

I think everybody needs some Mag. I thought maybe iron. It could still be both.

You see the overall light color. And the leaf viens are darker.

Mag def usually starts near the tip and works back.

Iron is opposite and fades from the leaf base.

Calibrate pH pen if you have one. I still say foliar with Cal Mag. Some have iron too may be an idea.

Thanks! I'll look into all of those. What do you use to supplement iron?

These pics were taken through glasses if that makes a difference

mushroombrew

Veteran
Botanicare Cal Mag plus. I do not use it but it has trace elements. As a foliar it will perk those girls up good!

I use Cutting Edge Mag Amped and Emerald Harvest Cal Mag. But I think your girls will benefit from Iron too.

saitama

Botanicare Cal Mag plus. I do not use it but it has trace elements. As a foliar it will perk those girls up good!

I use Cutting Edge Mag Amped and Emerald Harvest Cal Mag. But I think your girls will benefit from Iron too.

I'll give them a nice spray down tomorrow 15 min before lights on as I actually get back tomorrow and will calibrate PH. I'll grab some new solution from the store.

You don't think it could be from too much light?

Appreciate all the help and responsiveness!

mushroombrew

Veteran
I'll give them a nice spray down tomorrow 15 min before lights on as I actually get back tomorrow and will calibrate PH. I'll grab some new solution from the store.

You don't think it could be from too much light?

Appreciate all the help and responsiveness!

They look deficient to me. I dont think it was light stress.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Hey forgot to mention deficiencies often cause tip burn too. So If it does not improve from lowering... I would raise EC again.

But calibration is key. My probe dritfs up 0.3 points in just a week.

saitama

pH lockout. I'm usually pretty good about calibrating my pen but I have been mixing nutes so infrequently that it just didn't happen. Hope they bounce back soon. pH was at 5.3

saitama

Nice show with minimal problems. Keep em growin' green!

Looks like we're making some progress. The girls look much happier today and actually have recovered a little color. I picked up some Optic Foliar Overgrow to help the plants recover from their ph fiasco. Growth looks like it's picking back up and leaves look like they're happy again. We're not out of the woods yet but I think we're moving in the right direction. Hopefully the next pic I post is of green, happy plants.

Yesterday:

cjElIrHh.jpg

Today:

31t83hhh.jpg

uZpuFG4h.jpg

Last edited:

saitama

balls.

balls.

The ladies are finally getting happy again, but the stress caused by my lack of calibration and what I believe to be light stress made the GTH1s hermie (I think). The plants seemed to green up quite a bit faster when I raised the lights above 24". It could be because I am running 500w of LED in a 3x3. Who knows. I am also not sure if they hermie'd from the stress or if it is just in their genetics. The Zamaldelicas were fine. Not a ball on them. In any event, I took the two suspect shemales out of the tent and moved them onto my patio (37F) until I decide what to do with them. This is my first time seeing male parts aside from nanners, but they looked to foreign that I believe they are actual male sacks. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong and I can throw them back inside haha.

Since the plants looked like they were pretty well recovered and it was long overdue, I did a defoliation. Cleaned up lowers and removed most fan leaves.

Any advice or insight is wholly welcome and appreciated!

happy-ish
Duk51zRh.jpg

balls
RZVA9sSh.jpg

3cb0oEah.jpg

Last edited: