What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED summer test grow..

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Waiting on more LED's

Waiting on more LED's

My Vipraspectra 600 did not come yesterday, they will probably arrive today.

I'm planning on running the 2X2 tent 18/6 for Veg and my 3X4 box 12/12 for flower.

I need ideas from LED users, like optimal temperatures, light heights or other factor.

Any personal experience will be greatly appreciated :tiphat:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Growing Update Pictures

Growing Update Pictures

Growing Update Pictures - hard to see growth as the are spreading

Some look about 1 foot tall - if I staked them they would be over 1 ft.

I will stake them after I get new light and raising and lowering hardware

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Pictures of LED Vipraspectra 600

Lit up in the 3X4 Box

I threw a couple of plants under it to see if they burn up. They didn't burn last night.

The 2X2 tent ⛺️ is moving right along

Looking good , check the very top of the cola for bleaching after a week or so, I have an advanced led xte 200 and it bleaches my tops at 16" , unlike the cxb3070 light that doesn't bleach even at 10" ( no lens) . temperatures wise , 80-82 allows me to keep them happy, after 84 I lower the power , good luck FSG.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Back to the Vipraspectra 450 2X2ft grow

Back to the Vipraspectra 450 2X2ft grow

Hi Folks,

I have decided to keep the plants in the 2X2 ft tent with the Vipraspectra 450 and flip them to 12/12 to finish in flower.

The temperatures are staying 5-7 degrees cooler than the CFL's.

I took some pictures which show a height of about 1 ft compare to 6 inches a week or so ago.

Hard to see and take pictures but the plants are about a foot high

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Thanks for the tip..

Thanks for the tip..

Looking good , check the very top of the cola for bleaching after a week or so, I have an advanced led xte 200 and it bleaches my tops at 16" , unlike the cxb3070 light that doesn't bleach even at 10" ( no lens) . temperatures wise , 80-82 allows me to keep them happy, after 84 I lower the power , good luck FSG.

I will watch them closely, I'm going to let them grow another week or so before I flip them.

Stay tuned :plant grow:

B

bigganjabud

I'm doing a few grows at the min mate using led in one tent and hps in the other man

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
How are your plants doing?

How are your plants doing?

I'm doing a few grows at the min mate using led in one tent and hps in the other man

That was my initial plan. I have a heat problem in the garage where I grow. I want to give the Vipraspectra 450 and my 2X2 foot a complete cycle as a test for everyone to watch. The LEDs are much cooler than my CFLs in the 2X2 tent by about 8 degrees Fahrenheit, using 35% less energy.

Of course the test will be the dry weight devided by amps of electrical :plant grow: Anyone have a tip on how tall they should be before I flip?

These are plants 🌱 I wouldn't be serious about growing in the summer heat:dance013:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
New pics...lookin good

New pics...lookin good

Here are some new pictures and the plants are looking good.

The growth is impressive. I think I'll take some cuts next week and flip them

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Dealing with height issues..

Dealing with height issues..

I think I want to either Top or Supercrop the plants so they will finish in the 2X2X5 tent.

I'm concerned that the stretch will put my tops too close the the lights when I flip to 12/22.

Any experience with stretching under LED lights?

Thanks

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Here are some pictures..

Here are some pictures..

Looking way too high to continue in 2X2X5 tent. Not any good information on stretching on the web for LEDs.

I will take immediate action. I think I'll just SuperCrop Them.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
SuperCrop it is...

SuperCrop it is...

In order to finish the test I need to reduce the height before flower.

SuperCrop Pics

I'll take some cuts and flip them next week :plant grow:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Took cuttings for the cloner..

Took cuttings for the cloner..

Took cuttings for the cloner and flipped to 12/12.