Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Grapefruit

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Grapefruit Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2017, 06:46 AM #1
snuicide

snuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the rough
Grapefruit

I just want to say - I am a fan!
This grapefruit is really good! High outstanding psychodelic. Taste outstanding sour and mouthwatering. Bagappeal: fruity fresh! Damn, all the time I smell some grapefruit I become one of this guys who can't say no to a joint

In the pictures grapefruit was growen next to two pure sativas which form the frame of the picture above. Arround week 6 I guess.

Only the mold resistance is like zero. Crop is medium but the people perfer it over all the standart dutch strains - so for commercial growers it will pay out for sure!
snuicide is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:26 AM #2
Ncali

Ncali is a glorious beacon of lightNcali is a glorious beacon of lightNcali is a glorious beacon of lightNcali is a glorious beacon of lightNcali is a glorious beacon of lightNcali is a glorious beacon of lightNcali is a glorious beacon of lightNcali is a glorious beacon of lightNcali is a glorious beacon of lightNcali is a glorious beacon of lightNcali is a glorious beacon of light
Oh nothing better than a big GF joint!! Great daytime smoke....

I had the same problem with her, she likes low humidity and lots of moving air... I lost a chunk of harvest to budrot when I first grew her... there was a taller lankier girl of the few I grew that was more resistant. Buds were airier but yield was huge. Smelled like ruby red squirt soda haha, if you know that product

Overall great plant when dialed in, I miss her
Ncali is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2017, 01:46 PM #3
skunkfunk

skunkfunk is a jewel in the roughskunkfunk is a jewel in the roughskunkfunk is a jewel in the roughskunkfunk is a jewel in the roughskunkfunk is a jewel in the roughskunkfunk is a jewel in the rough
Outstanding variety is grapefruit from female seeds. It's my top sativa as I love the flavour and especially the high. Love growing em and I do flip after a week from germ with more than satisfying yields. Pheno's are very close and truly smell and taste of sour grapefruit. Never had a problem with mold either but they are indoors in s low humidity environment. I haven't grown them for a few years but ordered some seeds a few days ago. Has anyone noticed the audible effect you get from most pheno's. It can take you by surprise and causes much laughter!!
skunkfunk is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:02 PM #4
snuicide

snuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the roughsnuicide is a jewel in the rough
Haha, that chemical rubin soda?

I only got 1 seed germinated out of four (used way to old earth, got mold) and it has a slightly morrocan hash undertone in its fruityness. The taste is brilliant, a little bit like lemon Thais and very intence sour.

What do you mean with audible effect? When I haven't smoked anything for a while and smoke it, I see everything with an yellow/orange hue which all friends confirmed ^^.

I pollinated the cut with Purple Haze Meao Thai and got a nice similar looking pheno. I hope it is a male so I can store this nice genetics with an extra sativa punch. Also the mold resistance should increse with more fluffy buds / sativa genetics.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:24 PM #5
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Hey Snuicide,

Sorry for the late reply but here we are again.
Wow! It looks like a great grow, I guess you had quite some fun!
But did you grow it Outdoor? That is a bit of a problem since the Grapefruit is not really suggested for the Outdoor, that is also the reason of the difficulties in resisting the mold. We mostly suggest to grow it indoor, it is easier to grow it like that and you get even more stable phenotypes

And we had a suggestion for you if you are a fan of the grapefruit family...did you ever have the possibility to grow our strain called SEXBUD. Great sativa with great fruity phenotypes, pineapple to be more precise, the strain is a kind of a improvement of our beloved C99 because is faster, even more smelly and rich of odours.

In case you want to know more about the strain, please let us know and I will try to reply asap.

Cheers,
B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuicide View Post
View Image

I just want to say - I am a fan!
This grapefruit is really good! High outstanding psychodelic. Taste outstanding sour and mouthwatering. Bagappeal: fruity fresh! Damn, all the time I smell some grapefruit I become one of this guys who can't say no to a joint

In the pictures grapefruit was growen next to two pure sativas which form the frame of the picture above. Arround week 6 I guess.

View Image View Image View Image

Only the mold resistance is like zero. Crop is medium but the people perfer it over all the standart dutch strains - so for commercial growers it will pay out for sure!

Old 03-17-2017, 01:33 PM #6
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really niceFemale Seeds is just really nice
Hello everyone, seems like you all like the Grapefruit family :=)
If this is the case, we need to ask you if you ever tried our SEXBUD.
I am here to give you a brief description of this strain which can grow both Indoor and Outdoor (in Southern Mediterranean climate).

We started with our beloved C99, and we worked on it by improving it, that is how Sex Bud was born. The improvements we are talking about are concerning potency, energy, smell (even more intense than grapefruit and C99) and the even further development of a Sativa-dominant strain with faster flowering time than the C99.
Effects are strong and long-lasting, coming on fast with a euphoric, uplifting and energetic, you can definitely be productive with the SEXBUD.

These are a few infos about this strain...if you already tried it, please give us some feedbacks and description of your experience.

Cheers,
B.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:03 PM #7
Gantz
Smoke weed and prosper

Gantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of light
Awesome!

More or less the thread I was looking for.

I've been eyeing both grapefruit and C99 for their fruity and relatively low odor that a lot of people have commented on.
I grow outdoors in the north of Spain so I get a lot of rain in spring and early summer. The rest of the growing season is somewhat dry until late autumn.

I want to get a better understanding of both strains from people that maybe have grown both.
I also want to know if it is really possible to grow any of them without adequate odor control. I think some people are just asking for trouble but it would be lovely if that would be possible.
Gantz is offline Quote

Old 05-05-2017, 01:02 PM #8
snuicide

Yo, female seeds.
This was an indoor grow. It really needs strong ventilation. But if you know that, you can't resist this strain. I am testing some hybrid i made out of the showen plant and a purple haze thai male. Looking promissing so far and is more fluffy in the budstructure -> goodbye mold ^^. Will show you the results.

I personally would never buy a strain named Sex Bud. That name is a little bit to cheese for my taste besides I know a lot of strains which increase anykind of pleasures.
On the other hand it sounds like an awesome indoor strain.

I am growing some maroc at the moment. And of course there is always at least one grapefruit cut in every grow i run

Hi Gantz,

back in the days I grow outdoor in south germany - I guess the climate is not the same but familiar. I guess grapefruit would tend to mold outdoor, its a heavy yielder with dense buds!
It also smells strong!

I remember Sensis Northern Lights to be low on odor but very strong in the high. Maybe female seeds have some as well? It's good seed quallity for a good price.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:27 PM #9
snuicide

Wait, https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=341737

female seeds is looking for test growers to test Outdoor Grapefruit!!!!
You should go for that one if odor is not the biggest problem

Old 05-05-2017, 01:40 PM #10
Gantz
Smoke weed and prosper

Gantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of lightGantz is a glorious beacon of light
Danke snuicide!

My outdoor spot gets lots of wind but the weather here is quite unpredictable. It is hot one day then it drops 10-15 degrees the next. Rains are quite common too.
If I eventually decide to do an indoor grow I might give it a go. I'll probably go through a few low odour strains before i settle on one i'm happy with.

That SexBud sounds interesting... But names are always funny
I remember Cannabis World... like... 10 years ago was it? I won this strain naming contest. Sudden Impack x Hindu Kush. Guess what i came up with....

.... no idea? Well The name i gave it was Deep Impact Kush. EXACTLY!!! DIK

... and a number of jokes can be made about the name

...not surprised it's not known. It was a private breeder (El Peru). No idea what ever happened to him.
Gantz is offline Quote