What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

URSA Optilux/SS315/KISS/coco/veg+bloom/4x4

saitama

Thanks again everyone!

Some pics from harvest below. I think it is safe to say this light can produce large, dense buds...or at least to my standards. Please excuse my messy trim job in some of the pics.

OWzdqlY.jpg

ddWgTgW.jpg

ClDmNNE.jpg

NPYk16J.jpg

Ken Huang

Vendor
Hi Saitama,

Congrats on the beautiful harvest! Looks amazing! You definitely killed it all things considered.

I would love to get some yield numbers from you if that's ok. I'll be in touch! Again, great job man! :peacock:

saitama

The root ball!

xIJquRS.jpg

Dehuey got kinda weird on me one day and brought RH down to 45. Caught it in time but panicked and trimmed a few off to jar. Better safe than sorry. They are still in the cure zone, thank goodness.

psJYUYL.jpg

ctmLsYx.jpg

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You need to switch to air or fabric pots man =) Your yield would be lookin even better for sure and it already looks nice and heavy.

saitama

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Does anybody have any input on whether to go with smart pots or air pots? What I'm seeing are they're both winners.

GastroGrower

I like the way plants grow with coco in fabric pots, but I hate the clean up process. I'm never able to get all those roots out.

Nice looking buds :)

saitama

http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/category/s?keyword=fabric+pots

Can't beat dollar fabric pots. There are few other places have ones with handles and all that just as cheap but can't remember website right now.

They are bit small so order gallon bigger as general rule

Awesome! thank you!

I like the way plants grow with coco in fabric pots, but I hate the clean up process. I'm never able to get all those roots out.

Nice looking buds :)

Thanks!

onavelzy

Veteran
Awesome! thank you!

Thanks!

I've only used the fabric pots (my first grow!) but here's what I've seen and read:

Fabric pots:
pluses: not that expensive, can be cleaned and reused (probably would benefit for using and enzymatic treatment like Z7 or something similar to break down any residual organic material in the fabric)
minuses: i notice a rim of green growth along the bottom 1/2 to 1 inch of the pots, where they stay the moistest. It's probably algae but the concern i guess could be that if that could grow, so could fungal things?
hard to up pot from without significant disruption of the roots (i've
read, not experienced) . most use standard pots and then fabric for the final container.

air pots:
pluses: very re-usable; easy to clean between runs; open slots allow visualization of the roots, fwiw;

minuses: more expensive i believe, i haven't checked so do you own comparison; open holes allow access to fungus gnats and other soil inhabitants (can be minimized by pulling a large panty hose over the outside of the pot. see Aspenou812's thread: Girl's got Skills post #86.

other options: plastic grow bags: basically any 2-3 gallon thick plastic bag can be used. I've seen several growers say they work fine and cost a few cents

hope that info helps. as i said, i can't verify much beyond what I've used, which is 2 gallon fabric pots (with handles).

Ona

Miraculous Meds

I don't think u could get an improvement in root mass n health vs what u did with that pot imo. I tried fabric pots n didn't like how they could saturate out the side n the salt buildup up on the sides. That's just my limited experience with them. I'm not necessarily against them, just not sold on the better effectiveness they r supposed to offer.

Latest posts

Latest posts