What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

URSA Optilux/SS315/KISS/coco/veg+bloom/4x4

Ken Huang

Vendor
Will do tonight when they wake up. I was thinking of a way to diffuse the light and this is a great idea. I can't tell you how happy I am to be receiving input and support. Thank you so much.

I'm not growing for profit, but more so to hone a craft in a field I'm interested in moving into. To me yield is more for pride and while it sucks seeing my plants not at 100%, it is all a learning experience. Gaining the knowledge now far outweighs the loss in yield and having to learn the lesson in a larger environment down the road.

Again, I appreciate your time and can't thank you enough.

Do you think they'll green up if I can get the light diffused enough?

Read your edits. I'm pretty sure they are glass. Maybe Ken can chime in

Hi deepfriedbutter,

Our lenses are made out of borosilicate glass, they'll be fine to be wiped by alcohol wipes.

Thanks for having us over. Despite the yellowing on one side, your ladies look good! Based on what I saw last night, I think you'll be fine.

Please let me know if any other issues arise, although I doubt it, your garden looks prime.

saitama

Hi deepfriedbutter,

Our lenses are made out of borosilicate glass, they'll be fine to be wiped by alcohol wipes.

Thanks for having us over. Despite the yellowing on one side, your ladies look good! Based on what I saw last night, I think you'll be fine.

Please let me know if any other issues arise, although I doubt it, your garden looks prime.

Thanks Ken! I can't wait to see how this run ends up!

saitama

Pics from day 30 (36 from 12/12)

Smells are getting pretty intense and they seem to be fattening up. On Friday (week 6) I will be cutting my base nutes down 50% and running +Shine at 2g/gal or .4EC

aq4MNDf.jpg

RAjeKU4.jpg

0Gy9WzK.jpg

mbrMNFw.jpg

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Visually this is far enough into the grow and good enough pictures to answer about all the questions I had. Those are fat healthy colas at day 36 so it can definitely grow some plants.

It looks like your plants have definitely recovered. I am surprised raising it the small amount you did allowed them to recover so well. I know you were limited by height but i would have backed it to 36". I am guessing I will start seedlings under it with it at 40-44" probably. Flower at 30" my first go. It seems to me these lights need just as much height as a 1k watt hps for all stages of growth which should make it a very easy change for a lot of people.

I see some burnt tips there so careful how much you feed them I don't think you need to push those very hard to get a nice yield with quality.

I don't see any signs of heat stress or what not at all and you are growing in a tent so this is a good sign to me as well.

saitama

Visually this is far enough into the grow and good enough pictures to answer about all the questions I had. Those are fat healthy colas at day 36 so it can definitely grow some plants.

It looks like your plants have definitely recovered. I am surprised raising it the small amount you did allowed them to recover so well. I know you were limited by height but i would have backed it to 36". I am guessing I will start seedlings under it with it at 40-44" probably. Flower at 30" my first go. It seems to me these lights need just as much height as a 1k watt hps for all stages of growth which should make it a very easy change for a lot of people.

I see some burnt tips there so careful how much you feed them I don't think you need to push those very hard to get a nice yield with quality.

I don't see any signs of heat stress or what not at all and you are growing in a tent so this is a good sign to me as well.

I will be rearranging my tent and with my scrubber out of the way, I should be able to get the light much higher.

I will definitely be flushing more regularly and will not go above 1.4EC unless I see deficiencies so I don't burn the tips next time. It's the tinkerer in me.

If you are saying I am at day 36 of flower, should I skip counting the first few days before I saw flowers? If so, this means I should start cutting my nutes down since this is an 8 week strain. I know this is debated often but I would really like to make sure I get a nice flush in.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I always count the day the light flips. When I say one of my strains finishes in 50 days I mean it. This is a general industry standard although you will find some with varying opinions. Some breeders used to try to reason true flowers is the day of flowering start but it seems more in the interest of the lower flowering date on the pack of seeds than is true.

Is it an 8 week strain based on pack of seeds or something a clone dispensary was telling you? Or because someone who has actually grown it and knows? I always go by the color of the trichs not what someone who has $ involved says. I usually pull at 10-20% amber when first testing a strain.

One more thing to consider, but don't hold to this actually being correct without double checking with a coco pro, if I remember right from my time with it and what I read from people good with the medium was that flushing a lot disrupts your nute balance way too much and can really throw things out of whack. You only flush the last week or so of the plant or when you have issues. You water with anti salt build up supplement if paranoid and always water to run off to prevent any build u of salts.

I think the above is very important to say because if that isn't really an 8 week strain then you would be starving it of nutes and its full potential. Nothing ever wrong with waiting to day 63-70 just cause...

saitama

Great job. Looking really impressive.

Thank you!

I always count the day the light flips. When I say one of my strains finishes in 50 days I mean it. This is a general industry standard although you will find some with varying opinions. Some breeders used to try to reason true flowers is the day of flowering start but it seems more in the interest of the lower flowering date on the pack of seeds than is true.

Is it an 8 week strain based on pack of seeds or something a clone dispensary was telling you? Or because someone who has actually grown it and knows? I always go by the color of the trichs not what someone who has $ involved says. I usually pull at 10-20% amber when first testing a strain.

One more thing to consider, but don't hold to this actually being correct without double checking with a coco pro, if I remember right from my time with it and what I read from people good with the medium was that flushing a lot disrupts your nute balance way too much and can really throw things out of whack. You only flush the last week or so of the plant or when you have issues. You water with anti salt build up supplement if paranoid and always water to run off to prevent any build u of salts.

I think the above is very important to say because if that isn't really an 8 week strain then you would be starving it of nutes and its full potential. Nothing ever wrong with waiting to day 63-70 just cause...

It is listed as an 8 week strain on the breeder's site. I noticed you ran some in 2010. Do you remember when you pulled yours? I will keep an eye on the trichs but it's kind of a balancing act because I have read that you want to give two full weeks for harvest flush but I won't know what 20% amber looks like until I'm ready to pull the plants. I wish there was a definitive way to tell when to start lowering nutrients outside of how long the breeder tells you the flower cycle is and how many days you are into said cycle.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be doing some more reading!

Emdren

Hey deepfriedbutter, upon last week I was just reading on this forums, just registered to say awesome work :)

Greetz Em

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I ran it I would probably remember, but unless I have missed it somewhere I do not recall you stating what anything you are growing is.

saitama

Hey deepfriedbutter, upon last week I was just reading on this forums, just registered to say awesome work :)

Greetz Em

I'm flattered. Thank you so much.

If I ran it I would probably remember, but unless I have missed it somewhere I do not recall you stating what anything you are growing is.

All plants are White widow fem from ilgm but I believe you ran green house. Not sure if they're the same genetics. As always, thank you so much for all your help.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah I have run Shantis, Greenhouse, and TFD's. I would say 60-70 days. There is a big difference between breeders widows though...that gene pool is pretty damn big.

saitama

Yeah I have run Shantis, Greenhouse, and TFD's. I would say 60-70 days. There is a big difference between breeders widows though...that gene pool is pretty damn big.

I think I'll stick to my schedule then. It should take me to roughly 62 days with the additional initial 6 days and 8 weeks. Sweet

saitama

found 3 nanners

found 3 nanners

Pretty sad right now. I was inspecting the ladies and found nanners on two of them. I disposed of two but one fell off into the ether. I'm hoping it hit the flood tray. They weren't open yet.

They're on day 41 of 12/12 and are looking decently chunky and hard as a rock. It looks like there are a decent amount of brown hairs, but still plenty of white hairs. I cut down the feed to 1.0EC today from 1.4EC with .4 EC still being +Shine (pk boost).

I think the cause is probably from me opening the tent to peek in every now and then during lights off (I know, I know). I thought I had sealed the room pretty well from light and it would be fine with my green LED from hydrofarm. I guess I got a little cocky. I also realized the powerstrip has a green LED on it. I covered it with some aluminum tape. I'm open to suggestions as to why they hermied up as well.

Should I chop or let it ride? What would you guys do?

Fuck.

Pics. The pheno with the straight hairs is a trip.

9mTXw5x.jpg

x0DC4Rm.jpg

rTd61iB.jpg

t4vsndw.jpg

YDcQw7i.jpg

Emdren

Hi deepfriedbutter, I had several grows with fem seeds and most of them started to show nanners by the end of the grow. I barely found a seed after harvest, so for me I would just let it go. But, that's just my opinion. I'm sure others can help you too.

Cheers and rock them LED's

Em

saitama

Hi deepfriedbutter, I had several grows with fem seeds and most of them started to show nanners by the end of the grow. I barely found a seed after harvest, so for me I would just let it go. But, that's just my opinion. I'm sure others can help you too.

Cheers and rock them LED's

Em

Yeah I'm thinking I will let it go as well. Would love to hear other input as well. Thank you!

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
As long as it does not get out of control u are just fine. Just make sure you inspect DAILY. They appear quickly. Just pluckem and make sure water gets on what you pluck so pollen doesn't fly everywhere. I cover up all light regardless. I don't ever trust the whole green light thing and i am pretty sure that is only for green spectrum specifically designed for that. Just cuz its green doesn't mean it is ok. Just never interrupt light cycle unless you absolutely have to.

saitama

As long as it does not get out of control u are just fine. Just make sure you inspect DAILY. They appear quickly. Just pluckem and make sure water gets on what you pluck so pollen doesn't fly everywhere. I cover up all light regardless. I don't ever trust the whole green light thing and i am pretty sure that is only for green spectrum specifically designed for that. Just cuz its green doesn't mean it is ok. Just never interrupt light cycle unless you absolutely have to.

Thanks 40. I've been checking like crazy and it seems to have slowed down. Only saw few more and I sprayed with water and then plucked them. I'm hoping I have it under control. It's really hard to get all the way around every cola with this setup. I wish I could suspend myself in the air mission impossible style.