What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GastroGrower's Ganja Garden

GastroGrower

Couple updates today.

1. Dropped another SSSDH seed. As long as it pops it'll probably be ready to transplant in a few days.
2. I've got some slight tip burn on the GBxPB #1 clones. I checked and my reservoir was at 6.0 pH / 415 ppm, runoff was 6.3 pH / 476 ppm. This runoff hadn't been changed for a few reservoir changes. I'm lowering my PPM to 400 and leaving the pH at 6.0, hopefully that will help.
3. The Critical Kush #1 is looking great and building out a nice heavy canopy. There is a large branch at the bottom left of the picture which needs to be pulled up to be on level with the rest of the tops, but I'm guessing I should probably go ahead and put a small cage on it now for the whole plant since the buds are going to weigh them down a good deal more. Now for pictures:
4. One of the two Buddha autos in my veg tent is starting to show pistils. The other one is quite there and has an interesting variegation pattern on it's leaves. Not sure if it's a deficiency issue or genetic.

Tent #3 - CK #1 on the left, GBxPB #1a and #1b on the right
picture.php

Tent #3 - CK #1
picture.php

Tent #1 - Buddha Auto flowers
picture.php

Tent #1 - Karmdown x Pink Bazooka (top row) and GG#4 x Pink Bazooka (bottom row) seedlings. Doing good and ready for a topping of coco.
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
That canopy is looking solid man! The CK is very pretty:peacock:
As far as that variegation goes that happened to one of my Deep Purple seeds as well. I'm not really sure why some of them do that.

My flash was too bright on the phone but you should be able to make it out. Top leaf, Upper left blade.
picture.php

GastroGrower

Finally got the second half of my COB light installed in Tent #3. Now we've got around 480 Watts in this tent when the light is turned up all the way. I need to find a good solution for hanging the cobs. I'll probably get something this weekend.

The SSSDH seed popped and was showing a tail, so I went ahead and moved it to a small pot of coco. Really excited to see this pheno express itself - I may run it with a clone of the SSSDH #1 seed to see how they compare under the same conditions.

picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
I just started doing research on LED's and I just now realized that you are using cobs. The tech seems to have come a long way since times past judging by that canopy. I'm even more excited to see them flower now:biggrin:

GastroGrower

I'm far from an expert in the field, but my anecdotal experience has lead me to believe that LEDs tend to be a better fit for small environments like tents, and the full spectrum/white COBs are more efficient and easier to work with than the 'blurple' lights which utilize arrays of PUD LEDs. Pistil formation shows quicker than under the array lights and I don't hate working in it. The blurple ones are gross and even with UV glasses on it hurts my eyes to work around them. I can turn the COBs down and it's perfect for working in the garden.

GastroGrower

Deficiency Issue - Critical Kush

Deficiency Issue - Critical Kush

Today while inspecting Tent #3, I noticed some damage on a few leaves of the CK #1. I believe it is a deficiency issue but am not ruling out pests of some kind. It's not very widespread at this point, only showing on one or two fan leaves. Here is a picture of the leaf with the most damage and then a picture of one of the tops.

picture.php
picture.php

I checked the res and it was at 5.8 pH and 425 PPM. Added about 1.5 gallons of RO water at 6.3 pH and it brought the reservoir to 6.0 and 250 PPM. They are probably due for a nice half/flush anyway so I think this should help. Anyone have any suggestions on this?

justiceman

Veteran
Those are some good points you stated about cobs. I never did like the blurple look either but was pretty happy to see these cobs and how easy it is to move them around or maybe hang individual ones at different heights for different strains. Awesome.

Hmmm that spotting looks very random not like a normal deficiency and the fact that it is so localized leads me to believe light burn. Was there maybe some water droplets left on that leaf at some point? And is that potentially closer to the light than most other leaves? I hear those cobs are actually pretty damn powerful.

GastroGrower

I think you're right. That leaf was even worse off at the end of the day. I finished the frame for the lights and pulled them all up quite a bit so hopefully that should resolve any intensity issues.

I'll watch how they perform today and see if they're still showing any issues.

Here's a couple bud shots I just took of the GBxPB #1 at day 49. Tomorrow I plan to change out the res and I'll be dropping the micro and running with just bloom for a week or two. Do you think it's too early to move to that step? All my trics are still clear but it seems to have slowed in terms of bulking up.

picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

Got a sweet little plant stand from a friend today - she couldn't find a spot for it in her new apartment so I moved it into tent #1. I'm thinking about putting a reservoir at the top and installing a gravity fed dripper for the coco seedlings and autos. I've had them on the same feed and the autos seem to like it around 1/4 strength.

picture.php
picture.php

Top left is the Critical Kush #2 - Not quite as vigorous as it's sister and has a bit more stretch, but still has really good root development and growth. I popped the cage on it today and will be vegging it out and training it until it gets level with the top of the cage - then move it on over to tent #2 (600 W PUD LEDs) or tent #3 (480 W COB LEDs). Under that is the two FastBuds I tried. Never really went anywhere and already look like duds. I'm gonna dump them and put one of the Gluebreath x Pink Bazooka clones in it's pot.

The soil plants on the floor from left to right - SSSDH #1, Mendo Purps, Karmdown #2 x Pink Bazooka (male) #1. Then we have the two Buddha Autos on the first level of the stand and the Pink Bazooka seedlings on the rest of the stand.

Dakine

Veteran
Thats actually A nice stand bro, I would love to find something like that.. You'd be able to have more space in veg, or have tall plants/clones on the bottom and smaller plants as you go up. You could even flower plants using that, and just move plants around instead of the light. Just so everything gets equal amount of light..

Plants looking good, just a tad bit of yellow. But nothing that cant be fixed!

justiceman

Veteran
I think you're right. That leaf was even worse off at the end of the day. I finished the frame for the lights and pulled them all up quite a bit so hopefully that should resolve any intensity issues.

I'll watch how they perform today and see if they're still showing any issues.

Here's a couple bud shots I just took of the GBxPB #1 at day 49. Tomorrow I plan to change out the res and I'll be dropping the micro and running with just bloom for a week or two. Do you think it's too early to move to that step? All my trics are still clear but it seems to have slowed in terms of bulking up.

View Image View Image

Looks like dropping the micro now or very soon sounds solid. I don't know the strain so I can't say exactly how long you need the micro in for, but it's better too short than too long. She's looking really good by the way!

I'm liking that little stand. It's like they are on display.

GastroGrower

Thanks for the input. The GBxPB #1 in Tent #2 is really starting to develop it's bubble gum smell. Very very sticky and checking under the canopy there isn't really any larf. Nice, fat, chunky buds all the way down.

The coco on the clones in Tent #3 were pretty dry when I checked them this morning - this strain seems to have a big increase in water uptake at the end of week 2 and then again at the end of week 5. Part of this is due to the increase in light in the tent.

The light bleaching on the CK #1 seems to have ceased, so I believe that issue is resolved, just needed to get a few extra inches above the canopy.

GastroGrower

Woohoo! Two Stardawg x Pink Bazooka seedlings and a Tangerine Dream seedling popped and moved over to small cups of coco today. There are two more of the Stardawgs that haven't quite reached out yet, so they'll be chillin for a few more days.

picture.php
picture.php

The SSSDH seed I planted a few days ago looks ok, but it still hasn't come out from the coco. I'm hoping it is just moving slowly and makes it as I only have a few more of these beans. The clone I took of the SSSDH #1 plant is just about ready to be moved to it's new home though, so at least I've still got that. The clone I took of the Critical Kush #1 is rooting as well and should be ready in a week at most.

justiceman

Veteran
Ah the glory of new life!

Good to hear that was in fact light bleaching. A much easier fix then most.

GastroGrower

Yup, she's looking good now. Still stretching more than I had expected, so no need to raise her up any more. Nice and heavy stalks and it looks like they're going to support some really chunky buds. Getting more and more excited.

picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

Day 52 of the GBxPB #1 - shitty phone picture through a scope but still gives a good idea of the state of resin production.

picture.php
picture.php

Dakine

Veteran
See, now thats the stalk I think we should be growing for plants on the smaller side. Kinda exactly like the plant in that picture.. Now days people are growing plants 5x the size of yours with stalks/main branches just that big.. I really think quality may increase if we dedicate some effort into the branches/support of our plants and not just the flowers.. We really should be growing plants that dont need ANY support to hold up the colas. Thats just my personal opinion of course..

Aww shnap, you poppin some new beans now?! I swear you had a bunch of clones and seedlings already lol.. Once we pop, we just cant stop!

Haha yah I know, So corny...

Latest posts

Latest posts