What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How To Reveg

medicaluser420

I have not seen many threads on revegging or regeneration of plants so I thought I would make one so people know how to do it if you dont already know how. This is just how I do it, there are other methods as well this is just what has worked for me in my limited space you can always tweek it to your standards with that said I shall start.
First, here is the pic of the girl I want to reveg,revive,whatever you call it.

Here is the same girl after I harvested what I wanted I left a few of the buds at the bottom completely in tact. I have started to remove the soil on top so I dont spill it everywhere.

Then I take her out of the old pot to reveal the roots of this girl. This is way too much rootmass for the small plant left. I always take roots off.Others prefer not to but my space is limited thats why I do it and like I said I dont think the plants need that many roots.

So I start to tear off the roots with my hands until only small rootball is left.
Here is a pic of what I normally leave.

Then I just transplant it into fresh new soil.

And here she is in her new home ready for the veg schedule again. I use 20/4
under a 105w CFL and I leave them in those small containers cause I dont want overgrown moms but you can use whatever veg schedule you want.
I just water with plain water and very little since the plant does not have much to keep alive.

Here is a pic of another girl(White rhino) that got the same treatment but it has started to reveg a bit as you can see by the new growth starting to form out of the buds.It has only been in revegg for a week or two I am not sure.

I hope someone finds this info of some use if so my task here has been completed. I myself never new it could be done until I saw it documented on OG. I thought it was impossible until I tried it myself and was amazed at what happened. Anyway I will try to keep updating this so you guys can see how the branches start to form out of the buds. Just Crazy

Last edited:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Very good contribution. Ive been thinking of revegging some of the plants I have flowering now and was confused on what to do. Now I have a superb guide on doing it with ease. Thank you, it is much appreciated. :woohoo:

Funk

G

Yes, very nice. I've always been too scared to chop that much of the rootball away, but it sounds like you've had fine results doing just that. Thanks for the info.

I'm surprised that you get such normal vegetative growth after just a week or two. In my experience, the plants have taken 4-6 weeks to begin new growth again and when they do, it looks pretty gnarly but eventually reverts to normal veg.

Here's a pic of the odd growth at about 6 weeks.

And then about 4 weeks later:

Last edited:

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
same deal for hydro,

just cull SOME of the root mass, not as much as you would with soil, and give it hardly any nutes. any veg light cycle would work... personally if the thing didn't herm on you then i would just go with 24/24, but some would say 18/6 or 20/4 are less harsh to the plant.... not if you drop the wattage low enough i say...

kenslick

right on man, I'm going to give it a shot, does it not freak you out to cut those roots like that, not sure if im going to cut off that much root,

medicaluser420

10k-Thanks. I will keep you guys updated.

always2theleft- Yes I use 20/4 under a 105cfl bulb but any veg time will work fine.

ogrefugee-Go right ahead man, spread the knowledge.

Wayzer and FunkBomb- Glad I could help.

.canine-You are right if you let them mature all they way through flowering they take longer to revert back. The White Rhino was chopped while most of the trichs were milky/cloudy it was still very young. We will see how fast the other girl starts reveging I will keep posting.

Pure MoFo- what ogrefugee said.

kenslick-yeah it used to worry me too,but I figure I am doing her a favor keeping her around .

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE READ THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will say this sometimes the bottom branches of the clones you take will start to hermie(I dont know if it is strain related or what but has happened to me before) But dont panic usually it is not a crazy outbreak so I just clipped off those botton branches with male balls and the the top of the plant will kept flowering as usual. I dont sugguest you revegg and flower the mom cause it usually hermies(again could have just been strain).

Here is a girl I revegged for 6 weeks in the same size container under the 105cfl she could probably have been bigger if I had thrown her under better lights and a bigger pot after a couple weeks but like I said I dont need them that big. You can see the main stem in the 2nd pic.

G

Med420:: great thread, I knew about revegging but I had no idea you could cut root mass back that much!!! Thanks bro

sMack-CFS!

Good read..

heh, I remember 2 seasons ago, I chopped one plant all the way down, leaving no branches, just a few inches of the main stem sticking out of the ground. Anyways, I went back a week or so later and I saw a few new shoots of growth, and like 4-6 triple bladed leaves coming off of them. I guess thats why they call it weed, its a bitch to kill heh.

Awol/CoA

Nice thread man... :yes:
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread 'cause I don't bother
re-vegging, I take clones instead and then kill the mother,
but maybe I'll revive my NLxBB when it's done.

Rep+ coming your way... :cool:

PeAcE...
Awol.

Last edited:
G

AWOL you must be reading my mind I have no clone from my Nl x BigBud because I didn't think it was worth keeping. But now that she is 43 days she looks sooooo :yummy: I am going to reveg her. Now that I know I can cut the roots way back, stick in small pot & use next to no room. Excellent :joint: Thanks again Med420. :wave:

Last edited:
ya you really should do that stoned silly.... i didnt take anycuttings of my nl x bb and i really regret it.... nice yeilding plant

i finally got a purple pheno of some Lifesaver that im going to try to re-veg... ill let you guys know how it turns out

Sport Farmer

Veteran
Very nice thread! I was wondering why there wasn't much info on it here.. Glad to see someone posts up pics with experience.. A bonus..

This should be a sticky in a closed forum called growing tips or something.. Kinda like our library of information.

Anyway, good shit man! I would assume you could do the same thing with a male then correct?

medicaluser420

sMack-CFS- Thanks and yeah I love its durability. :yes:

Awol/CoA- Thanks I'll send some back your way.

R.I.P. Overgrow- Let us know how it turns out.

Sport Farmer- That would be cool.Like a FAQ or something. I dont see why it would not work with a male. I have never tried but it would probably work.

I post later once the weird growth starts more.Thanks Again for stopping by. :wave: