What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

By Far THE BEST Rooting Gel, Dip, Powder I Have Ever Used!!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
been doing clones for sooo many years, used to do em for clubs, then i started filling everyone warehouses...

used MANY different powders, gels and whatever to root clones...

have had many aero cloners.....

then i found out about a $5 rooting powder from Home Depot called Rooting Hormone....

it has a PGR in it called indole-3-butyric acid. that is used in some rooting gels and dips, that ARE NOT allowed to be sold in grow stores...

i get roots in 4-5 days and when i mean roots, not 1 or two coming out of the cube, i mean 8-12 roots shooting out!! its really a thing to see! its impressive!!!

several people have told me since i started using it, that my clones are the best they have EVER got from anyone....

if your turned off by PGR's for rooting, im sorry, but dont preach it here please...

may you have better root success and happy harvests!!

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Thanks. My clonex is getting low, and $5 isnt a lot to spend to try something new out. Now just gotta find the closest home depot

krunchbubble

Veteran
Thanks. My clonex is getting low, and $5 isnt a lot to spend to try something new out. Now just gotta find the closest home depot

im just flabbergasted on how WELL it works!! the roots literally EXPLODE out of the cubes!!!

i don't like gel on my stems because it always rots them....

i have so much shit in my aresenal from you... kinda paranoid you profit from the companies you rep(i know its not true but god damn i'd hire you in a second if i had a halfway decent product to market)... your like REZ but with nutes/supps

krunchbubble

Veteran
lol! i try to help as much as i can!

if i find something thats works really good, i tell people about it!

this hobby is all about information....

krunchbubble

Veteran
and YES! id LOVE to be a sales rep for some hydro company. hint, hint hydro companies..

G

Guest124

I've used that same stuff for over a year now. It works good but I have never had roots in five days, never.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Same ingredients & amounts as Schultz TakeRoot (Indole-3-butyric Acid 0.1% and 99.9% other ingredients,) available at Wal-Mart for about the same price, for those who don't have a Home Depot nearby.

mcfly420

have you tried dip n´ grow? it has

Ethyl Alcohol
Isopropyl Alcohol
Indole-3-Butyric Acid
Naphthalene Acetic Acid

Mia

Cool!
Like a quarter of the price of clonex!
You weren't joking when you were talking about filling warehouses...
lol

G

Guest 18340

have you tried dip n´ grow? it has

Ethyl Alcohol
Isopropyl Alcohol
Indole-3-Butyric Acid
Naphthalene Acetic Acid
You forgot to mention dip n grow is 1% I-3-A vs the HD stuff 0.1%,:biggrin: .
Seriously Krunch, have you tried dip n grow? Strong as hell, cheap as hell and a little goes a looooooong way.
LOVE the warehouse shot!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I use Rootone. Looks like the same white can/yellow cap, different label. I get for $5 a can. This particular stuff has fungicide.

the active ingredients are:

napthaleneacetamide - 0.20%

Thiram (tetramethyl Thiuramdisulfide) - 4.04%

I've seen roots in 4 or 5 days with some strains.

Jbonez

Veteran
im just flabbergasted on how WELL it works!! the roots literally EXPLODE out of the cubes!!!

i don't like gel on my stems because it always rots them....

welcome to the 5 dollar phenomenon.

Been using it for about 3 years, makes you a little angry when you drop 20 bucks on clonex, only to find home depot has something that works just as good...

Home depot,
Lowes,
Walmart

all should have it.

This should be a sticky to be honest.

diggdugg

That's good stuff and Greenlight also makes a great nute I use outdoor called "SuperBloom". It's cheap and works well.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Ive always dipped in gel then rolled in the powder from the HD. Damn near 100% on clones taken. The mix makes a good sticky coating that wont wash away with spraying. The powder is super cheap and the dipngro I usually get as freebies. If u are a soil grower they also sale bone, blood, and kelp on the cheap. Gotta love the Depot and good lookin on the tip to Krunch.

krunchbubble

Veteran
You forgot to mention dip n grow is 1% I-3-A vs the HD stuff 0.1%,:biggrin: .
Seriously Krunch, have you tried dip n grow? Strong as hell, cheap as hell and a little goes a looooooong way.
LOVE the warehouse shot!

oh ya, used the stuff for years, up until i found this about 6 months ago...

for some reason, i would get 40-50% rooting success with dip N Grow, my stems would rot....

T

thesloppy

I use this stuff too, and have had better results than many more expensive solutions.

So, here's a stupid question for y'all: Do you dip your clones straight into the bottle of the stuff, or do you take some out, and put it into a separate container for dipping? I've been doing the latter, and throwing away whatever I don't use, to reduce 'contamination' from returning 'used' stuff back to the bottle....the stuff is so cheap that I don't give a damn about throwing it away, but I'm not sure if it's necessary. Opinions?

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
3.32 USD on their site. Still dont know if its cheaper than homeless deport after the shipping costs.