What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Cannabis Growing Guide - All that you need to know to get started

daves4usc

Thanksyou for taking the time to write out all this information. This is def. a great guide for an indoor begginer like me!! Nice work!!!

Kodiak

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Thanks guys, I'm glad that you liked it.

The guide started out quite rough but has since gone through several revisions and now it's getting to close to what it should be. I gave the entire guide a complete overhaul so now you will find more information on many topics.

Whatever I had to leave out of this guide in order to save space, is pretty much covered in the other one on Topping, Training and Pruning.

Keep it green

Wow, this was wonderful. I really appreciate you taking the time to write/gather/copy/paste or whatever the hell you did, lol. Seems to me like you are a Ganja Guru!!! Damn Hippies!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks alot brotha. Your work is not in vain.

Kodiak

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Glad if I can help.

I actually wrote the whole guide from memory but it took some time.

I already had all the information I needed, it was just a matter of putting it all together.

nate dogg

Kodiak, big thanks for the time and effort you put into this as well as the topping/training guide. I've been doing quite a bit of research lately and your threads were extremely helpful in getting my head around things.

toddv

Great read. Reading your post is like talking to an old friend. No bullshit, just facts and experience about what worked and why.

Your attitude about helping others will continue to bring you the best: in life, in garden, in future.

Thanks again, may 2010 bring you your dream pheno.

GROW MORE

Kodiak

Mad Scientist
Veteran
I updated the guide.

It now contains a reworked diagram on THC synthesis, based on new information.

Enjoy!

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I direct all newbie friends here. Great guide. I suggest adding something about coco and CMH. I also feel the harvesting/drying/curing section is incomplete. When a newb spends so much money and time on their first crop, harvesting and drying is a scary subject. What do I cut? Does it have to be hung upside down? Should a fan blow on it? What temp while drying? When do I put them in jars? Why does my harvest smell like hay? How long does it take to dry and cure? (a valid assumption is that one can pick the buds off and smoke them)

Kodiak, you should stick this post in a PDF and sell it starting at $19.95.

My thoughts as a marketer, for making this guide more accessible to the general public:

The guide may come off as somewhat daunting to complete beginners. Perhaps change the title to "Growing GREAT Weed" (rather than just any weed) - or adding a small statement that your setup is pro, but that good weed can be grown with a much less elegant setup. Maybe just put a few pics of less complex setups. Nothing wrong with your setup but I noticed people tend to quit reading and give up on the idea of growing when they see fans and devices all connected, with talks about a dozen nutrients and additives to use (i.e., the bottles of nutrients pic.)