What's new

Super Cheap Mass Cloner

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Grat3fulH3ad - I want to add my thanks as well - looks like a great design - thanks for takin the time to post it! :friends: :joint:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
I'm lovin it. Efficent and Simple.

You've inspired me to post a walkthru on my Aero-Cloner.... Now if i can ever get my camera to work (i hope its just the rechargable batteries goin out...)

thanks for the thread Grat3!

takecare,

daltron

thanks

thanks

Hey just a short note of thanks......I've been trying to clone for over a year now with very poor success rate......followed your directions...yep simple to build and use......planted 12 cuttings and 9 days later I had 12 rooted clones......thank-you very much...... :woohoo: daltron

G

H3ad,
I dont know why I've waited so long,but I got some stuff that I just cant clone,gonna throw this most awesome cloner together tonite and stop the madness!!!!Thanks for an o so easy solution to an age old problem!!!

DrLongbottom

Veteran
Well I was considering making a bubble cloner but why bother. you nailed it grateful and for just 10 bucks!!! :respect:

G

No powders or gels, because, they shorten the life of my pearlite... giving rise to nasties growing about in my medium...

For hard to clone strains, I presoak for 4 to 6 hours in a very dilute NAA solution... (NAA = NapthaleneAcetic Acid), but my source for NAA has dissapeared, so I have to find another... The NAA I have is a .0200% solution and I farther dilute it with water at about 30:1...

DrLongbottom

Veteran
Hi Grat3fulh3ad, just wanted to let you know I built your cloner. 10 bucks 15 minutes . I dropped a couple of troublesome cuttings that were in gro plugs for about a week with no result. two and a half days in perlite and they had feet. This is the cheapest most efficient and easy to use cloning system that I have come across. Grat3fulh3ad you ROCK! Thanks for sharing your knowledge. :respect: peace. D.L.

Zoroaster

I use a similiar setup, but I just use the the cloning trays with the humidity dome, except I don't use the dome. I fill the tray with perlite and about 1/2 gallon of water, and then I can fill this tray with up to 70 cuttings. I don't really worry too much about overfilling the tray, because in a way it is similiar to straight water cloning, plus I only water it about once a week, so as the perlite dries out, there is plenty of air to get in there to stimulate root growing. I switched to this from aero/bubble cloning and like it a lot better, because it is quieter, less maintenance/time, and the results are just as good. I use cloning agents as I find the top layer of perlite gets algae growing after a month or so anyway, so I just use new perlite every run, while recycling the old back into recycled soil.

dc105

ICMag Donor
what about your nutes? I cloned GodBud, your DieselGum and Blue Thai. 14/14 100% in standard jiffy plugs in the ole garage. Temps got down in the lower 40's, but in 15 days all had rooted and are doing fine. I did use a low strength of nutes though.

DrLongbottom

Veteran
I am using this system for clones now. I have used olivias gel and been successful same with no nutes or gels or powders ive put cuts into rockwool then into perlite with excellent results . I use one 30 watt flouro tube and a heating pad under the resevoir. no humidity dome tap water once a week or so . now instead of hoping my clones catch feet, I find I'm spending more time transplanting. All the best to U Grat3fulh3ad . Peace.D.L. :joint:

ps. love the new avi G.H.!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts