What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rare uncontaminated landrace sativa

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I probably haven't had a pure Sativa, unless it was in a bag with some stems and seeds in the early 70's. Supposed to be getting some high precent Sativa, whatever that means.

So some CBD came in. They claim around 20%. Terps are flat tasteless in the flower I tried, maybe a hint of pepper at the end of a vape pull. I'll try to squish some, and also make butter. These buds have obviously been abused in a machine trimmer at the price, so I also got some trim hoping some goodness is there. Just did two bowls, and it is terpier. Nowhere near as flavorful as Runtz, and none of the rush I get with THC flower either. This stuff seems to just add weight to my head. I will have to play with it a while before forming an opinion though.

thedudefresco

I'll say that from experience, I've had the same exact plant (cutting) grow drastically different types of leaves. When said plant was grown with a supplemental light during colder winter months, the leaves were wide. Same genetics put out very thin sativa leaves when grown in the hot summer weather w/no external light.

Also, harvest time and trichome ripeness can alter the high and make it feel more "sativa" as opposed to "indica" and vice versa.

I like the takes I read on The realseedcoblog regarding the sativa indica classification discussion.

Unrelated but interesting because it also deals with a plant, is the understanding of genetics in avocados. Seed to seed, the avocado genetics is very variable. In fact, cultivars like the Hass Avocado are all clones of the same mother plant. If you pop an avocado seed, the tree that grows probably won't produce great avocados, unless you are lucky enough to pop the next "Hass"

Zembretti

Ain't you got nuthin better to say?

How about 'splainin what's the chemical difference between a pure Sative and an Indica. What different parts of the brain are being affected, that Indica isn't reaching? Does CBD have to be in the equation? That would be interesting material.[/QUOTE

It really has nothing to do with other cannabinoids, its so complex science just has no answer to the question. Ive had imported herb from thailand and Lesotho which I will eventually do a smoke report on. And its not the terpenes either. Theres a lot going on no one understands.

Although i doubt the herb i smoked was genetically as pure as the 60s, it still had a high that was very different from other herb, like someone here said pure sativas have a key to a special part of the brain that hybirds just dont have.

They were very deep, mystical, profound highs. They were really shroomy.. Euphoric, mellow, giggly, clear, soaring, very strong visual and sensory enhancement, thai being stronger than the Lesotho, the lesotho made me feel like a kid again, both very fun strains that just have to be tried to understand. You'll never want normal cannabis afterwards thats for sure.

I used to live in Lesotho, what do you think about the weed from there?

grayeyes

So I finally found a pure sativa that has never had an indica/rudi/hybrid grow within a 60 miles of it.

Its a landrace found in southern Thailand.

The farmers here were careful not to contaminate their special landrace with other types, since they first introduced indicas to thailand in the 70s. They say its because they apprecaite actaually getting high, apparently indicas just made them feel dumb and tired.
So much for all those folks saying all the old landraces have already been contaminated.

So here's a smoke report of this bud

It looks really airy, kind of almost like there is nothing there but air.

It burns really well, it didnt even leave any ash.

It tasted like air .

And wow, the high, it was amazing, I was so high that it felt like I wasnt even high at all, I didnt feel dumb or tired which is what hybrids/indicas do, without getting you high of course, because that would just be wrong.

All in all i would give this pure landrace a 100/10

Here is a picture of it

It's kind of hard to see it in this picture.

So much for uncontaminated landrace sativas not existing any more :tumbleweed:
Saw the table that's it.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am not sure, but I think the criminals in DC are opening up the sources of research dope. It is exclusive to a Mississippi university right now, and they destroy the stuff before handing it out for research.

Taking pot off schedule 1 should have been done a long time ago, yet still there it sits.

Latest posts

Latest posts