What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sexing question

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
Always best off with a very light and airy general purpose compost.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
Where to top lol. To be honest, there's no right or wrong to that. Where I would do it would tare your heart out lol. Sorry.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Rub the stems and sniff your fingers. Girls tend to give you a preview of the floral smells available, while boys just have a singular smell of green plant.

When I first saw this done, I was doubtful. Now I do it with about 90% accuracy. It helps that I'm a supertaster though.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
Maybe an inch or two taller than the short one so they are easier to light. It will stop the taller one growing up for a while and let the shorter one catch up.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
You could even plant what you cut off just in case it is a girl, then you have 3

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
You could even plant what you cut off just in case it is a girl, then you have 3
I did that about 200 times this spring. lol

As long as you have a root system you can chop away.

If I'm growing indoor I'll top between the first and second node.

I chopped a 24" plant down to the ground almost with my lawn tractor and it recovered giving me 2 colas.
picture.php

I continually chopped a few plants for clones this year. Trust me, I was medieval on them because I thought they'd end up in the compost pile. I stuck them in the ground once I was finished with them and this is what I got.
picture.php

praxis13

Rub the stems and sniff your fingers. Girls tend to give you a preview of the floral smells available, while boys just have a singular smell of green plant.

When I first saw this done, I was doubtful. Now I do it with about 90% accuracy. It helps that I'm a supertaster though.

Good advixe... I think definitely the short one is definitely a female.

F2F

Stem rub will give insights on terps for sure...however, most desirable high/effect is only known by smoke. :D

Peace
F2F

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
No forget the water, cut at an angle right below one of the nodes, strip the node leaves off, gently rub your finger over the cut, plant and then water in so the compost surrounds the base of the cut

Latest posts

Latest posts