What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New guy here

Bdennis87

Hello, I was just wondering if I should use nutrients like fox farm? Or is that more harmful then helpful?

If not what nutrients or organic soil setups are you using?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
High & welcome! :bongsmi: There are almost as many feeding regimens as their are growers, so take what anybody says with a grain of salt :D Even the best dialed in grow rooms are dialed in for the specific environment of the grower and might not work just copying the numbers to your situation. I started growing in coco, basically hydroponics. It was work keeping everything mixed and PHed. I ended up settling on organic soil from my local grow shop. It seems to work great for my 3gallon grows and I don't need to add much, sometimes some phosphorus with fish bone meal I think during flower.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The important thing to remember is that some soil mixes should be matched with the correct nutrient line. Example, Fox Farms Ocean Forest has a starting pH at 7. The Fox Farms Nutrient, Tiger Bloom & Grow Big has a pH in the 4s! So when using Fox Farms soil with their nutrients the fertilizer brings the pH down to good range in the upper 5s.

Roots Organic potting soil, has a pH starting in the upper 4s and is made for the use of Nitrate Nitrogen to bring the pH up. NOW, if you put Fox Farms on Roots Organic you will get a toxic pH and burn the hell out of the plants. Roots Organic nutrient line is Aurora and they are matched with their soil for the best pH. If you used Aurora on Fox Farms you would raise the pH way too high and cause iron lockout. Its very important to match the right soil mix with the right nutrients.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
high & welcome

Organic is to prefer but not so easy as beginner as minirals nuts to start...

Sunshineinabag

Hello, I was just wondering if I should use nutrients like fox farm? Or is that more harmful then helpful?

If not what nutrients or organic soil setups are you using?

Here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLhu5JoRWPgEGDoUFfQHTPQ

Slow is smooth....smooth is fast. I can ooda loop any garden now lmaop. Better to be a warrior in the garden,then a gardener during war. Have fun, enjoy your time watching nature show us.

Vandenberg

Welcome :)

Welcome :)

1st post I see...
Are you leaning towards an organic style of gardening?
I use a technique that incorporates a cocopeat/ Peat moss/ perlite blend w/ pre-blended ( Dr Earth) organic nutrients with a side of synthetic fertilizer (Humboldts Secret A+B w/ Golden Tree) gives me great flexibility and results.
Whatever you do, I would suggest keeping it as simple as possible initially.
You can always do overly complicated techniques later :)

Vandenberg :)

Last edited: