What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grower, so many questions but will start simple

kwm0110

Hi!!

I've built a functional, warm, light growing room and grown a few plants from seed. Just growing in soil/compost... regular gentle fertilizer (stepped up today to a higher N).

Experimenting with each plant, doing things a little differently. Top prune this one, compost that one..

But one thing I can't work out for any of them is their sex! Read so many articles and still no go. Maybe they're too young?

Can someone help? Here's a couple of pics, but instead of photographing the unsexed baby between the legs, I might be taking shots between the ears for all I know. Any advice, direction, guidance - greatly appreciated! Cheers

A few pics of my plant from my album.. maybe I should crop?

Cheers.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi,

What is your light cycle?

The plants are just starting to mature, you should see signs of sex soon.

Google male and female cannabis plants to get an idea as to what you are looking for.

Nice healthy plants btw

rolandomota

Usually about halfway down or two three nodes from the top that's where the preflowers grow they show up when the plants start to grow alternate nodes one at a time instead of growing even two leafs at the same time
Usually 4 to 6 weeks from seed you can see them
Some even switch to 1212 for a few days 3 or 4 at week 3 or 4 from seed then back to 16 18 20 or 24 hour light it has to be fast switch or the plant will go to flower and take longer to start vegging again
I dont do that but it's definitely a good way to eliminate males very early
That plant right their should start pre flowers soon the first ones usually grow 2 or 4 nodes from the top

SuperBadGrower

O yeah they are looking good. :good:
It has already been mentioned but ...

this area.jpg

That area is what you need to look at for sexing. Zoom in there and maybe its possible to tell but like others said they might be a bit too young to be showing sex

kwm0110

thanks for the replies!

@lester - aiming for 18-6 at the moment.
@roland - temporary 1212 huh! let me do some reading
@superbad - I'll try to get a better shot.

Thanks again all - looking forward to being able to reply to other growers queries in the future. Your patience with newby's is appreaciated!