What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tropical Mix & Panama x Bangi Haze

Kissgardens

Glad to know the Oldtimer's Haze thread was a nice read and that you are moving to organic growing :)

Yes, Panama x Bangi Haze terpene profile is very complex and lous, one of our best sativa dom hybrid in this regard. All the Panama fem hybrids leaning strongly to Panama Goddess mother like your plant like strong feeding until almost the end of flowering, in that way they can reach their best potential regarding resins and terpenes.

Nonetheless, looking great ;) Thanks a lot for the frequent updates!

Thanks Dubi, ya 2020 was the year of the transition to organic. I slowly went over to the organic side through out the year.

Round 1: Just soil and box store tomato fertilizer added at the beginning of flower
Round 2: Round 1 + mycorrhizal
Round 3: Round 2 + Bokashi and vermicompost

As I kept adding more containers, I also changed up what the new containers soil. Was interesting as I thought some of the soils saw significant better growth in veg then other soils. I want to move into building my own soils at some point but just don't have the room in my current location.

I am trying to keep it notil so a bit of a learning curve figuring out how much I need to add to each round without going over. So I been trying to lean on the side of less is better than more until I get close to the balance needed.

Kissgardens

Well, after 11 weeks the Panama x Bangi Haze got the chop.

This plant has been a pleasure to grow. Aroma is heavy on the lemon side but some complexity behind it. I have a cutting so really hoping I enjoy the effects on this one as I would like to grow it again.

This will be my wrap for Ace gear for 2020.

*Caution, ramblings ahead* I will probably start some new Ace gear come January. My Ace seed stock is starting to get low but might pick a Nepal Jam and a Bangi Haze next? I do have some Lebanese seeds I made in 2019 from Dubi's P3. However, the P4 pics I been seeing lately looks like Dubi found a lot more weight on his P4 generation. I did dust my Panama from this year with some DJ Shorts Breeders Choice Mix #1. One of the males I used had a big blueberry aroma which I was wondering how it would play with the lemon from the Panama. In my mind, I was tasting Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake when I was adding the pollen. Heck, if I really reaching for the sky's, the 2021 Ace catalog will have the Oaxaca 79 (4 different females) x Panama Goddess (F10) fem. Or maybe something with Thai in it? So many choices, so little time to grow them all!

Attachments

• 2020-10-23 Panama Bangi Haze 06.jpg
    2020-10-23 Panama Bangi Haze 06.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 2020-10-23 Panama Bangi Haze 05.jpg
    2020-10-23 Panama Bangi Haze 05.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 2020-10-23 Panama Bangi Haze 04.jpg
    2020-10-23 Panama Bangi Haze 04.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 2020-10-23 Panama Bangi Haze 03.jpg
    2020-10-23 Panama Bangi Haze 03.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 2020-10-23 Panama Bangi Haze 02.jpg
    2020-10-23 Panama Bangi Haze 02.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 2020-10-23 Panama Bangi Haze 01.jpg
    2020-10-23 Panama Bangi Haze 01.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 34

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your harvest Kissgardens :) Very nice looking colas, a bountiful harvest, you did a great job with this strain :yes: Hope you enjoy her!

I rate Panama x Bangi Haze much higher than straight Bangi Haze, and since you have been growing a few Panama hybrids lately maybe you might want to try something different.
No plans to release any Oaxaca 79 hybrid. If you let me know what kind of plants would you like to experience next then i will try to recommend you the most suitable ones for your taste.

Kissgardens

Congrats on your harvest Kissgardens :) Very nice looking colas, a bountiful harvest, you did a great job with this strain :yes: Hope you enjoy her!

I rate Panama x Bangi Haze much higher than straight Bangi Haze, and since you have been growing a few Panama hybrids lately maybe you might want to try something different.
No plans to release any Oaxaca 79 hybrid. If you let me know what kind of plants would you like to experience next then i will try to recommend you the most suitable ones for your taste.

Thanks Dubi.

Bangi Haze and the Lebanese have probably been my favorite so far. They where just so clear headed/focus with energy. The tropical mix which you think might be a Haze x Kali China also has that same type of energy with a more complex high to it from the couple samples I have tried so that is in the runnings. The PanamaxCBD#5 has been great for outdoor adventures. I have yet to try the Panama x Bangi Haze yet. A few years ago, I was making a lot of gummies out of MalwaixPCK but finally retired that cutting last year mainly for wanting to taste the rainbow. The last time I ran Nepal Jam, I don't think I gave her the best chance. I think I harvested late but she would give me the chuckles when I smoked her which I enjoyed. Thus, why I want to pop another of those seeds next year.

So guess for what I am looking for are probably 4 different types for different needs. 1 - Something with that clear head/focus and energy 2 - High CBD for my arthritis. I still have a cutting from my last PanamaxCBD#1 and seeds of both PanamaxCBD#1 and PanamaxCBD#5 so probably won't get more seeds for CBD stuff just yet. 3 - Something unique that I have yet to experience that type of high. I dunno why but the Thai's have been sparking my interest on this front. 4 - Some nighttime/couch lock type stuff. Since this seems like the most common in the rec market here, I will probably just pick up a clone from the local store.

So summary, I guess I want to try everything. :biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Kissgardens,

1) For clear headed/focus and energy i highly recommend Bangi Haze x Ethiopian, Thai Chi, Tikal and Orient Express, or even Oldtimer's Haze, Honduras and Ethiopian if you want to experience something more tropical sativa and you can deal with the long flowering times.

2) For medical CBD, CBD #1 and its crosses are great choices, ErdPurt does wonders against body pain and discomfort due its balanced THC:CBD chemotype and terpenes.

3) Maybe Malawi or a strong Malawi hybrid like GT fem or Killer A5 Haze. Their potency and psychedelic effects is something that will leave a mark for sure.

4) For night time and to relax before sleep i like a lot Bubba Hash and ErdPurt x PCK.

Hope it helps!

Kissgardens

Hi Kissgardens,

1) For clear headed/focus and energy i highly recommend Bangi Haze x Ethiopian, Thai Chi, Tikal and Orient Express, or even Oldtimer's Haze, Honduras and Ethiopian if you want to experience something more tropical sativa and you can deal with the long flowering times.

2) For medical CBD, CBD #1 and its crosses are great choices, ErdPurt does wonders against body pain and discomfort due its balanced THC:CBD chemotype and terpenes.

3) Maybe Malawi or a strong Malawi hybrid like GT fem or Killer A5 Haze. Their potency and psychedelic effects is something that will leave a mark for sure.

4) For night time and to relax before sleep i like a lot Bubba Hash and ErdPurt x PCK.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for the info Dubi. It helps some but still to many choices and not enough time which is an amazing problem to have vs the less then genetic variation in a lot of the stuff out there. Thank you so much for your preservation work to allow me to have these choices.

1 - Super pumped Thai Chi is on this list as I been eyeing that strain up anyways. I think that will seal the deal for that genetic selection. I have not looked into the Honduras and Ethiopian much but will do some research. The Tikal has always been grabbing my eye too with those fruity aromas in the description.

2 - I ran a small pack of Erdpurt a few years ago but only got males so didn't get to experience those genetics to the full potential. I did drop the pollen of some of the males on CBD1xPanama, CBD5xPanama, and Lebanese. I ended up even backcrossing the CBD1xPanama and was able to run small 1 foot sticks with no branching and barely any stretching which was perfect for sneaking them in the tent in a hole in the canopy.

3 - I was also thinking something from Malawi is needed for discovery too. I bought a single Super Malawi Haze seed last time but she didn't have the spark to germinate. One of the few times, I failed at germinating one of your seeds. So might have to flip a coin between GT and the Killer A5 Haze for the next seed order.

4 - I ran a Early Bubba Hash once the coffee and earthy notes I got from her was not my favorite for my palette. I dunno why, but I tend to lean towards the dessert stuff for bedtime. Which has me eyeing up PCK at some point.

As I enjoy taking December's off from gardening, I am pumped to get back to exploring your stuff soon!

Latest posts

Latest posts