What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indian Landrace Exchange strains

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
I'll explain the attraction. The response speaks to the strength, only strong herb will cause that reaction. Then it comes down to personal control: you remind yourself that the feelings are coming from the smoke, and you try to master your emotions while on it. Different herb hits people differently, so one person's reaction is not the same as another's. I've always been intrigued by any strain that comes with a warning.

Sounds like perfect herb to blaze before going for a night swim in the Ocean after watching the movie Jaws, or a hike through bear country with an open jar of honey and two raw steaks. Just kidding.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ The most important/profound high I ever had was heart racing and feeling I had lost my mind and reality, not so much impending doom. So, there was some negative aspects to the high but in the end it delivered more than a comfortable strain would.

I find it strange that a indica would deliver such effects but what do I know.

musigny23

I'm really puzzled by your answer. I'd love it if you would elaborate.
his really sounds like the cannabis version of a psychedelic bad trip. What attracts you in that sort of dysphoric paranoid rush ?

While personal reactions vary, some chemotypes can induce such effects in most users.

Why seek it out?

Because it is a marker for high potency. That effect isn't all you get and it is usually short, lasting maybe 10-20 minutes soon after smoking. Then once it passes there is a strong, lasting high to be enjoyed.

The best and most legendary narrow leaf tropical types like Thai and Columbian often had this effect. Generally thought to be mainly from THC itself rather than other cannabinoids and a sign of high THC content.

Last edited:
I'll explain the attraction. The response speaks to the strength, only strong herb will cause that reaction. Then it comes down to personal control: you remind yourself that the feelings are coming from the smoke, and you try to master your emotions while on it.

Thanks for the perspective. Definitely not how I would approach the matter at hand as I would typically look for the warm blissed out experiences instead.

Sounds like perfect herb to blaze before going for a night swim in the Ocean after watching the movie Jaws, or a hike through bear country with an open jar of honey and two raw steaks. Just kidding.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Oh my God, I hadn't paid attention to that one. Who on earth would want to smoke that of their own will ???? Impeding doom ???
It seems promising to me. I'm a huge fan of these things capable of inducing paranoia and panic attacks. I harvest my plants a little bit on the early side, as I love the electrical buzz and the flushed skin which comes with it. If you learn to control your dose (and your own emotions, like others here have suggested) and surf the peak of the experience, they become valuable tools for contemplation and sensual appreciation.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It seems promising to me. I'm a huge fan of these things capable of inducing paranoia and panic attacks. I harvest my plants a little bit on the early side, as I love the electrical buzz and the flushed skin which comes with it. If you learn to control your dose (and your own emotions, like others here have suggested) and surf the peak of the experience, they become valuable tools for contemplation and sensual appreciation.

very true. adversity can improve you.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i've had a very strong edible that gave me that feeling, i couldn't close my eyes because of the confounding and overpowering mental imagery, but i also couldn't bring myself to move. so i just layed face down, staring at the carpet for what seemed like hours.

i've also had an insane synthetic cannabinoid experience that was wayyy too much. i thought i permanently broke my brain.

felt like a cannabis high, only amplified to the max.

unbelievably extreme head high, overwhelming pending doom feeling; maximum trepidation to the point where i couldn't leave my bathroom until it subsided.

once i finally escaped the bathroom, it was a glowing, uplifting and magic- feeling spiral back down to sober.

then again, i've had this stuff twice: amherst sour diesel. not sure that it was really sour diesel, it was purply but it made me so depressed. not even that strong of a high, but i felt depressed and anxious, never redeemed itself. and the budtender told me that i was not the only person who felt it. also, my partner felt a similar feeling from the same strain. slightly kinda high but wrong.

the world of cannabinoids is a wild one.

i'd be willing to try the doom selection of that balochistan. wish i took notice months ago...

rolandomota

That Kandahar red is interesting it has strong rotting flesh terps so maybe it's that elusive roadkill? Follow on Instagram Indian landrace exchange to see what I'm talking about hopefully they will come out not only on ace website and yes the Balochistan is very interesting but...

Rajas

Premium user
I'll explain the attraction. The response speaks to the strength, only strong herb will cause that reaction. Then it comes down to personal control: you remind yourself that the feelings are coming from the smoke, and you try to master your emotions while on it. Different herb hits people differently, so one person's reaction is not the same as another's. I've always been intrigued by any strain that comes with a warning.

Some of these weeds work the other way round as hybrids...

You have to be in healthy lifestyle, meaning you have to do yoga or sauna, get enough physical activity, get the tense muscles in your neck soft, get the stress down before and eat healthy right before you do it...
Go to a silent pleasant place, smoke it peacefully, humbly observing it's effects
Boom a whole other place, rewarding you with connection, energy, ...

So it's rather testing if you're feeling good due to your lifestyle than dulling a bad lifestyle away :thank you:

romanoweed

impending doom doesent sount to bad for me.
I personally dont like anxiety, depression.. Thats what I personally get from many Hybrids.

I think i had such an Effect once, it was the best Effect after pure Sativas i ever had.
Was a very high-gravity feel, silent sitting for lonng, but somewhat calm experience. mystical..

Im not thure if the balchonistan is as good as what i smoked once, but i dig the description.

the impending Doom was only felt, but consciously, so you knew it was just an effect i think is important to point out.

Hi yesum,

Their tropical sativa landraces releases like their South Indians, Myanmar, etc would be the best choices for trippy effects.

hi dubi have you heard of many indian landrace ruderalis varieties my friend has just been given some , and cant find any information on the variety. can you point me in the direction if you have any info on this cultivar.

Hi metitarvel,

What cultivar did you receive ?

it is labeled indian ruderalis. no other information provided. so i dont have anything to go off :| there is quite alot. contemplating soaking a couple 1000 in a strong dosage of colchicine and letting them go to seed over winter. and then grow out the next generation and find some tetraploids. i have not been able to find any general information on indian ruderalis.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
420giveaway
I did put my balochi#3 sunday evening in wet paper towels without soaking and got 10/10 root tips showing up.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi metitarvel, sorry, i don't know what cultivar did you get, better email ILE directly for more details.

chilliwilli, glad you got perfect germination rates with your Balochi #3, looking forward to follow your progress with them.

rolandomota, Kandahar and other new Afghani lines from their Durand Line project will be available on our website in a few weeks. I will let you know once they are available.

Rajas

Premium user
it is labeled indian ruderalis. no other information provided. so i dont have anything to go off :| there is quite alot. contemplating soaking a couple 1000 in a strong dosage of colchicine and letting them go to seed over winter. and then grow out the next generation and find some tetraploids. i have not been able to find any general information on indian ruderalis.

Would be nice to have a ruderalis that is potent from the beginning and close to the indian spectrum of cannabinoids/terps!:dancer: