What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ka5/VB/OTHxLieu Hanh and Vietnamese Black repro

SolarLogos

Hiya Solar, been waiting to see that lady. :D

Is she on a faster pace than the PH? Looks like the yield will be very nice. Im voting for the Honduran cross based on your previous descriptions. Best of luck as you continue the journey!

Your Thai x THH look very bountiful as well. Lots of rocket fuel!

Take care brother. Peace,
F2F
Thank you brother. Yes, this girl is much earlier than purple haze mom; she went until the end of December. This girl will finish earlier, I do hope. The leaves lean more towards haze but she is flowering like Purple Satellite early but we will see what she finishes like. The smell is very PS and Haze, it's tough to say which side she leans towards, she is very much a 50/50 mix so far. I still have some Purple Satellite reversed pollen I can backcross for more fem seeds if you want to try her next year, a backcross should have the earlier PS phenos. I may have PS male pollen to reduce the endogamy a little, plus give us an opportunity to make F2 seed, that where the earlier haze pheno might be.
Thanks again bro.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I have 3 (Koh Chang x Thai Stick)xTom Hill Haze outdoors. Tops are bent down so they will fit in the greenhouse this winter.
I have crossed her with the following:
Zamal MC x Tom Hill Haze
Vietnamese Black (2 phenos, one compact, one "bamboo") I chose the bamboo pheno male, even though he didn't have much flower structure, hardly any, he is a very greasy, burnt rubber with a kind of meaty/suede smell and very, very late flowering. He interests me.
Vietnamese Black-purple pheno x Lieu Hanh-dark pheno (nevils haze x Vietnamese Black)

Thai x THH
View Image
View Image

Zamal MC x Tom Hill Haze. She was pollinated with the same at above
View Image

A few early seeds pollinated with the male Zamal x THH
View Image
Thanks for stopping by
Peace, God bless

fabulous NLDs.. PHS looks great too :D candy for eye of sativa lover :D keep it up.

F2F

Thank you brother. Yes, this girl is much earlier than purple haze mom; she went until the end of December. This girl will finish earlier, I do hope. The leaves lean more towards haze but she is flowering like Purple Satellite early but we will see what she finishes like. The smell is very PS and Haze, it's tough to say which side she leans towards, she is very much a 50/50 mix so far. I still have some Purple Satellite reversed pollen I can backcross for more fem seeds if you want to try her next year, a backcross should have the earlier PS phenos. I may have PS male pollen to reduce the endogamy a little, plus give us an opportunity to make F2 seed, that where the earlier haze pheno might be.
Thanks again bro.

Thanks for the generous offer Solar. I still have a bunch of great stock to wade through as you know. ;) harvested some PS x Mango Haze seeds the other day. In a way similar and parallel to your PHS here. Goal is to have a finish by late Oct/early Nov. I will run these alongside your (KA5/VB)x VB outdoors next year for a pheno hunt.

I really enjoy watching all your projects - am learning a vast amount by observing the reasoning behind your choices for various crosses, really gets my brain churning. thank you for this sir. :tiphat:

Peace,
F2F

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi SolarLogos,

Heard you rate your Ka5/VB/OTH hybrid as some of the finest sativa you have experienced and that means a lot coming from you.
Amazing the work and breeding you are doing with Haze hybrids, Central American sativas and SE Asians, i foresee very special sativas will arise from your breeding projects, and your efforts will be rewarded :yes: As a very famous spanish poet wrote: the joy is on the way and 'paths are made by walking'.

Very happy you managed to find so far sexually firm Khmer Gold females despite all the males of the strain became hermie. At least you have had much better luck than us and hopefully you will be able to experience nice flowers from the females, i'm curious how the females finished for you. We also managed to germinate some Khmer Gold from the original packs, but ALL (females and males) turned out hermie, the hermie tendencies are obviously very strong in this line, i attach 2 pics of Khmer Gold at seedling stage. They had a very strong leaf serration.
If your Cambodian females are good quality and sexually firm, i also find the outcross with a different classic green SE Asian landrace sativa (ie lowland Thai or Vietnamese) won't 'distort' much the Cambodian traits in the F1 hybrid so later you can backcross the F1 to your best Cambodian females to produce something as close as possible to pure KG, but with much lesser frequency of hermies.

After admiring vermontman's breeding success with his Baglung Nepalese hybrids, i think this strain is a very good candidate to shorten Oldtimer's Haze flowering time without modify much Haze quality effects, although as you well know Oldtimer's Haze F1 hybrids are usually very Haze dominant, therefore very long flowering even when crossed with very fast flowering strains. To make a F2 of the hybrid would be interesting to allow higher genetic recombination to be able to find very early flowering phenos with as much Haze qualities as possible.

Hope you are having a great fall friend :tiphat:

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts my friend. I really feel fortunate to have found her among all the tall, longer flowering haze phenos. Those longer haze phenos are real haze energy kind of high, where as this shorter, compact pheno is pure gold. The high is leans a lot more towards the Vietnamese side of the happy, trippy high, but with a bit of haze energy and haze vibes. It gets its quick come on and power from the Malawi side, I'm sure. I crossed her with the Lieu Hanh (Nevils haze x Vietnamese Black) so I hope to find a male to back cross into her, or get lucky again and find another female I prefer.
As I mentioned to you, all 3 of the males of the Khmer Gold hermied. The good news is the girls are in week 6 of flower and stable so far. I pollinated a few of the girls with Original Haze, OTH, Vietnamese Black, Lieu Hanh (both the dark and lime pheno).
I have clones rooting that I will reverse and pollinate another set of clones to at least preserve this line in female form. I've pollinated some lower branches with the male hermie pollen and if necessary, will search through those seeds for a firm male. That could be a long search and difficult project, but eventually needs to be done.
Peace, God bless

Attachments

• IMG_20200502_080820_736.jpg
    IMG_20200502_080820_736.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20200502_080825_903.jpg
    IMG_20200502_080825_903.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 60

SolarLogos

Hi SolarLogos,

Heard you rate your Ka5/VB/OTH hybrid as some of the finest sativa you have experienced and that means a lot coming from you.
Amazing the work and breeding you are doing with Haze hybrids, Central American sativas and SE Asians, i foresee very special sativas will arise from your breeding projects, and your efforts will be rewarded As a very famous spanish poet wrote: the joy is on the way and 'paths are made by walking'.

Very happy you managed to find so far sexually firm Khmer Gold females despite all the males of the strain became hermie. At least you have had much better luck than us and hopefully you will be able to experience nice flowers from the females, i'm curious how the females finished for you. We also managed to germinate some Khmer Gold from the original packs, but ALL (females and males) turned out hermie, the hermie tendencies are obviously very strong in this line, i attach 2 pics of Khmer Gold at seedling stage. They had a very strong leaf serration.
If your Cambodian females are good quality and sexually firm, i also find the outcross with a different classic green SE Asian landrace sativa (ie lowland Thai or Vietnamese) won't 'distort' much the Cambodian traits in the F1 hybrid so later you can backcross the F1 to your best Cambodian females to produce something as close as possible to pure KG, but with much lesser frequency of hermies.

After admiring vermontman's breeding success with his Baglung Nepalese hybrids, i think this strain is a very good candidate to shorten Oldtimer's Haze flowering time without modify much Haze quality effects, although as you well know Oldtimer's Haze F1 hybrids are usually very Haze dominant, therefore very long flowering even when crossed with very fast flowering strains. To make a F2 of the hybrid would be interesting to allow higher genetic recombination to be able to find very early flowering phenos with as much Haze qualities as possible.

Hope you are having a great fall friend
Thank you very much Dubi, it's very nice to hear from you. I apologize I've not had much time to post, but I do lurk a few minutes at a time every day or two.
I'm sorry to hear about your Khmer Gold. Your plants look exactly as mine did in veg, some vary quite a bit in finger width and mine ranged from 5 fingered leaflets to 11 fingered.
I've just started reversing a female to pollinate the female clones so as to at least preserve the genetics for now. I have hundreds of seeds made with 2 hermie males with a sexually firm female. When the time comes, I will be diligent in my search for a stable male to pollinate the female seeds.
The KG all have a lime/mint to a menthol and some full eucalyptus. The problem I see is they are very leafy, a trimmers nightmare. I selected one with small flower leaf blades, about 1-2 cm, which I thought was pretty good compared to the others. She is very nice in all other respects, big full flowers. They all shoot out long foxtails, but she keeps hers more in a tight bundle. I pollinated her with Original Haze and just put 5 of the seeds into water. I'm hoping the haze will put some frost on those small leaf blades, so no trimming will be necessary, at least that is the plan.
I kept one KG from seed, she is about 4 meters and I have her bent over in the greenhouse, like a large archway at the entrance.
Here are pics of some flowers. I flushed them a bit early, they went 28 weeks at 11.5/12.5 starting at onset of flower, 1 hour of UV A&B in the morning and 1 hour of FR in the evening, but finished the last 4 weeks in the greenhouse. Calyxes didn't start to swell until week 26. They foxtail out really long, they look like branches but these are just headshots.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'll post some more on the next post, I reached my limit.

SolarLogos

Vietnamese Black x Lieu Hanh

I have several phenos of Vietnamese Black x Lieu Hanh. Out of 15 plants, I kept 4 females and all went into flower at the same time. One is very compact and will finish in a few days. The other 3 females will go another month or more. I used a LH pollen from a dark pheno male to make the cross. I pollinated all 4 with LH from a lime green male.
Here is my early girl. VB do not have big compact flowers like this, neither does pure haze. My best guess is, the NL in the NevHaze, NHz pheno, pistils turning orange.
picture.php

picture.php

Here is one that looks all VB, no sign of NevHaze in her.
picture.php

picture.php

I'll post again on the next page

SolarLogos

I grew 19 of the (KillerA5/VBxOTH)xLieu Hanh. I selected 3 females that were short, compact, short internode spacing. One has purple petioles, one is firm light green, both with medium size calyxes. The other, and my favorite, is dark green with a little purple in her fat calyxes.
I selected 1 male that has the same terpene smell as the dark green and another for back-up. The back-up male hermied, so he was culled. The remaining male just started dropping pollen last night, so there is very little time to pollinate the last one of these 3 girls, my favorite.
Here is the green pheno, identical structure to the male and other 2 females selected.
picture.php

picture.php

Purple petioles
picture.php

My favorite

picture.php

I'll post more often now some time got freed up and things are also in flower and getting more interesting. Thanks Dubi, It's always good to hear from you.:huggy:
Edit: I should mention, the white you see on the leaves is diatomaceous earth. I mix DE with insecticidal soap and spray the plants and the soil. Bugs hate this stuff.

Doctor M

Mr. D did an outstanding job on the Ka5 x VB (green pheno) fem seeds. His skills and dedication really show in this hybrid. The plant I grew looked VB, smelled and tasted VB but larger resin glands. The effects were all VB, very potent and no nervousness, just happy effects. I crossed her with a VB green pheno so I can search through and find a male to back cross into another Ka5 x VB.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=81065&pictureid=2049887&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your kind comments
Peace, God bless

Good to know;)

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Looks great Solar

How long do you usually cure them for before giving them a sample

SolarLogos

Vietnames black

Vietnames black

Seeds were finished about 6 weeks ago. The plan was always to run everything to exhaustion, particularly the males to be sure they remain firm. About the time the calyxes started drying around the seeds, I noticed that the timer had been turned off so the plants were on 24 hours for an unknown time. Not really a problem, but a benefit. I took the opportunity to collect seeds and stress the heck out of the plants. I flipped off the lights for 2 days, back on for 72 hours, back off and as random time I could give. The plants all remained stable, even the males.
I would really love to get in touch with my dear friend Mr. D, who worked this line before me. The above is a true testament to his exceptional breeding skills. Both the green and purple phenos are excellent, I've never had a mediocre plant from this line. Crossed into Lieu Hanh (nevHaze x Vietnamese Black) and everyone is a winner. I have a VB x OHz going, should also be fire.
I have the plants back in veg and they all re-vegged nicely. I will flip them again in a few weeks and do another seed run off of them. I have a lot of pollen saved, so I don't have to keep males around. This time I'll keep some smoke to make selections.
The first round of seeds just harvested have all been dedicated to a few close friends. Seeds from this next round will be available to others if they want them.

Here are some plants a few weeks before harvesting seeds.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Again, my apologies for letting this thread go without being updated.
@Cakeboy. You asked how long I cure them? Well, I'm probably like most here, I like to have one sample once it's dry enough to burn. After than, I put them away for 3 months, then sample them again. I try them again at 6 and 9 months, but when it hits the year mark, it's a regular smoke. However, this year, I've been using 3 year old stock and some 2 year. I still have all of last years curing.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Your posts are always very inspiring. I always look forward to the next SolarLogos update!
Thank you very much my friend, you are too kind. I'll try to get on here more often with updates. I have a lot more coming up for harvest in a few more weeks.
This Vietnamese Black is really special. I've crossed her with Original Haze, Zamal MC x Tom Hill Haze and Koh Chang/Thai Stick x Tom Hill Haze. I also crossed her with Khmer Gold. But the cross I am loving and working on is with Lieu Hanh (NevHz x VB). I crossed my best purple VB with a LH (dark pheno). So far I've found 2 phenos, one with medium large solid buds with small calyxes and the other is dreadlocks with large beautiful teardrop calyxes. I kept 2 of each pheno, a green and a purple and crossed them again into another LH (green pheno).

Here is the more compact, smaller calyxes showing a little color
picture.php

Here is the dreadlocks with larger calyxes.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks again everyone for stopping by. The next time I update I'll post on the Hondurans, the zamal x thh, thai x thh and who knows.
Peace, God bless
Edit: I should note, the white on the leaves is Diatomaceous Earth. I add it to homemade insecticidal soap

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful job SolarLogos, as always! ;) Pleased to see and hear so much joy coming from your VB hybrids, the one in your latest pics looks a lot like our old Purple Haze x Thai release.

Congrats to you for your success on reproducing the 'pure' VB line (and to all the people who contributed previously to its preservation like dear Mr D) and to keep her in good shape with your selections.

The pure Khmer Gold looks indeed very leafy, reminds me some green pure Vietnameses i grew in the past, did they have light contamination during flowering ? These type of pure SE Asian sativas are very sensible to light contamination, becoming very leafy if that's the case. Anyway, i'm very curious about the terpenes and effects of your pure Cambodians once you are more familiarized with them. I'm sure you will be able to lower down the hermie rates in upcoming generations with proper selections and dedication.

F2F

Hiya Solar,

Great show yet again. Very happy for your result with the PHS. The PS ~ halved flower time. Wishing Haze smoke for you on that brother.

And hats off to you on the VB repro and the LH crosses. You’re putting fire on fire. Very much looking forward to your experience with those THH crosses. And KG...28wks!?? Dedication man. :tiphat:

Hope you and yours are staying safe.

Peace,
F2F

(Check your PM)

(Edit: “ The PS ~ halved flower time.” - meant to say halfway between PS and the OTPH flower time)
@Cakeboy. You asked how long I cure them? Well, I'm probably like most here, I like to have one sample once it's dry enough to burn. After than, I put them away for 3 months, then sample them again. I try them again at 6 and 9 months, but when it hits the year mark, it's a regular smoke.

Last edited:

SolarLogos

Hello everyone, I'm back after some time off for healing (physically) and spiritual unfolding. It was time worth spending; advances made in both. For those who don't know, I have degenerative disc disease and stenosis in my lower back. I just finished up another round of physical therapy and can take time to post online again.

Sorry for the late replies everyone
Wonderful job SolarLogos, as always! ;) Pleased to see and hear so much joy coming from your VB hybrids, the one in your latest pics looks a lot like our old Purple Haze x Thai release.

Congrats to you for your success on reproducing the 'pure' VB line (and to all the people who contributed previously to its preservation like dear Mr D) and to keep her in good shape with your selections.

The pure Khmer Gold looks indeed very leafy, reminds me some green pure Vietnameses i grew in the past, did they have light contamination during flowering ? These type of pure SE Asian sativas are very sensible to light contamination, becoming very leafy if that's the case. Anyway, i'm very curious about the terpenes and effects of your pure Cambodians once you are more familiarized with them. I'm sure you will be able to lower down the hermie rates in upcoming generations with proper selections and dedication.
Greetings my dear friend and brother Dubi! I have more VB out this year, as well as the VBxLH (LH=Lieu Hanh--NevHaze x VB). I've also got VBxLH BX in the tent that is in week 11 of flower. I'll get pics of everything once the site is allowing pics to be uploaded.

The Khmer Gold was very leafy indeed. I do have a few pinhole light leaks in the tent, but all the mothers outdoors had the same calyxe/leaf ratio. Her smells were combinations of camphor/eucalyptus with lime and menthol.

The interesting thing about the KG was, each male had one or two branches that produced a few female calyxes. The females all remained firm. I crossed several females with Original Haze, as well as Lieu Hanh and all of the male offspring exhibited the same hermaphroditic trait; one or two branches had female calyxes. Once again, the females in the hybrid all stayed firm. So, my conclusion is that, the females carry the hermaphroditic trait, but they don't express it; only the males express it. That is fine with me, as we all want sinsemilla buds anyways, right?

Hiya Solar,

Great show yet again. Very happy for your result with the PHS. The PS ~ halved flower time. Wishing Haze smoke for you on that brother.

And hats off to you on the VB repro and the LH crosses. You’re putting fire on fire. Very much looking forward to your experience with those THH crosses. And KG...28wks!?? Dedication man. :tiphat:

Hope you and yours are staying safe.

Peace,
F2F

(Check your PM)

(Edit: “ The PS ~ halved flower time.” - meant to say halfway between PS and the OTPH flower time)
The Purple Satellite Haze came out with huge, fat buds. All the side branches produced large Cola buds. The high was straight up rocket fuel without any euphoria. I didn't care for it much and it wasn't trippy, just an up, up, and nervous feeling.

Good to see you Bro!
toms haze x vietnamese black, I also think that black vietnamese is special.

full
Hey Brother Maha, how have you been? I see you're still in the haze thread keeping it real;)

I've got a bunch of VB and VBxLH and will select a male of each to cross with C5xA5 haze. VB does seem to dominate in the hybrids I've made, in particularly, the otherworldly effects that I love so much. What are you doing with ours these days? I'm sure whatever you're growing, it's pure fire!

Good to see you're still around.

That thick Lieu Hahn x VB looks amazing!
Thanks Bro!

I've got some Ace gear I'm running and the little seedlings have poked up, so I'll get pics up when the site is working better. I've got:

Ace
C5 Haze x A5 Haze fem
Thai Chiang Mai x A5 Haze fem
Zamal A x Zamaldelica regular
Thaidelica regular (Thai Chiang Mai x Zamaldelica F2)
Honduran regs, my P3

Other stuff:
Sativa:
Mexican Blackseed
Mullumbimby Madness/Oaxaca x Nevils Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness
Demon Latcher (Original Haze x Oaxaca)
Vietnamese Black
Turks and Caicos (from weed I picked up in the Caribeans, probably Jamiacan, Haitian,or Dominican; most likely Jamaica going by the high and taste)

Hybrids
Green Demon (Green Dragon x Demon Latcher) 50/50 Indica/Sativa. Truly one of the best hybrids I've smoked.

Indica
Helmond-Afghan
Aunt of Farook-Pakistan

I have a license to grow up to 99 plants, which I did last year. As I pull males, I'll put out more plants. I want to run the New Caledonia, but haven't decided if I want to repro it in the tent first. I'll be putting out Honduran x Malawi F3. I also have Colombian Gold x Acapulco Gold that have been described as "best top 5 ever" and a "home run" "the winner" and "don't ever lose this one" amongst a tight group of friends. Snowhigh's 68 Acapulco Gold has some of the nicest vibes I've experienced in weed. She got hazed, so I'll try to put a few of those out too.

Good to be back.
Peace
SL

F2F

I managed to get 4 of your (KA5xVB)xVB above ground @SolarLogos - 3f + 1m. All females were different - one musky/cures golden, one green (most up and clear of them), and one more sativa leaning which purples in cool fall temps. All 4 saved as cuts. as you reported, terps included mango, incense, and burnt rubber. 🤗

I liked these so much - super clear, uplifting - I ordered 30 VB from snowhigh. I do realize your VB source (MrD I think) had been worked very nicely, so I’ll have a long road to get directionally close. The journey is the fun right!?

Peace
F2F