What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Roaring Twenties

CodyPomeray

awwww shit. That c5haze x kali china got me froathing. I have my OxP NhxP and Cbd1xP going now. Such beautiful plants we get to work with! Let me know if you want to run some more lebanese at once than the 5. Something I intend to explore and got a fair bit of. Cheers brotha, great thread!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ur Humbl Nr8tor :)

Glad you order arrived safe and sound :yes: Thanks a lot for suporting our work, much appreciated.

Such amount of genetics should keep you busy for a few years :D
Looking forward to follow your progresses with them! :tiphat:

The eagle has landed (roared). Thanks Ace for getting these to me w no issues. One week post ship.

View Image

Going to need to figure out what to add to my current grow. Thinking a few Lebanese and maybe the CBD #1 for my inland spot. Hot and dry...so should be perfect. Perhaps the Panama x PCK for the spot next to the ocean.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
awwww shit. That c5haze x kali china got me froathing. I have my OxP NhxP and Cbd1xP going now. Such beautiful plants we get to work with! Let me know if you want to run some more lebanese at once than the 5. Something I intend to explore and got a fair bit of. Cheers brotha, great thread!

Thanks CodyPomeray!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hi Ur Humbl Nr8tor :)

Glad you order arrived safe and sound :yes: Thanks a lot for suporting our work, much appreciated.

Such amount of genetics should keep you busy for a few years :D
Looking forward to follow your progresses with them! :tiphat:

Thank you dubi and entire Ace crew. You guys rock. Yep, I’ll be a busy beaver for a while.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Sorry for lack of updates. Covid-19 and all. Roaring 20’s are taking a back seat to other more important matters. All the mothers needed some assistance as I’ve been neglecting them. Some white fly, aphid and gnat issues. Nothing serious, but I’ve started them on a three dose cycle of organic oils to remediate. Waiting on some parts for my Turbo-Klone and then I’ll be able to start taking cuts for what will ultimately be the grow. My baby Killer Malawi and Super Malawi haze don’t love the soil that they are in, but I think I will get them sorted out. I’m also likely to pop the one CBD#1 and Belida Kif as I spent yesterday digging out 6 x 50 gallon holes where I plan to drop those two. Trying to figure out what else to put out there. This area is inland and as such gets pretty warm during the summer. Soil is primarily decomposed granite. I plan to add 30% compost in order to create a bit more hospitable soil conditions. It’s very difficult to get soil amendments right now with Covid, so I will likely amend with a organic vegetable food. Can’t get to fancy right now...so KISS. I’ll do the amendments in the next week or so...give the soil a couple weeks to ‘cook’ and will look to plant around May 1. More updates as I can...but with everything going on right now...it may be slow going. Stay safe everyone!

Ras Pablo

Veteran
I’m hopeful dubi won’t mind me adding some of the other plants I’m getting my ‘roar’ on in 2020.

Here’s the lone female DJ F13 original stock...

View Image

Definitely has a strong lean towards the OPT.

Check out the female preflowers

View Image

Huge, purpling and already glistening with stalked trichomes. Plenty of non stalked on the stem.

The other two F13’s are male. One looks to be pretty much auto. If I can keep it alive, I’m going to have fun with that pollen. Assuming it’s not sterile (common w F13). The other is also male, but shows strong signs of the mutant aspects of F13. Trying to see if it will grow out.

Awesome thread!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor, in my little experience with F-13 out of 9 plants, I got 5 males, 4 showed intersex traits under relatevely "low" stress conditions, only one male remained stable and I use it to do some crosses and for F2 from the 4 females I had. The females showed intersex traits in two plants out of 4.

All the best,
Ras.:tiphat:

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Awesome thread!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor, in my little experience with F-13 out of 9 plants, I got 5 males, 4 showed intersex traits under relatevely "low" stress conditions, only male remained stable and I use it to do some crosses as F2 from the 4 females I had. The females showed intersex traits in two plants out of 4.

All the best,
Ras.:tiphat:

I culled the auto. Sterile. No pollen I could detect. The other male is still a question. Weird twisted growth. I’m more curious to see if it produces viable pollen. The female seems sturdy for now. I plan to put it outdoors in a couple spots...so if it shows male traits, it shouldn’t be because of light stresses. It is definitely stocky with very short internodes. Hashy fragrance at this point. I had a rose absolute aroma on one years ago. It was exotic and a complete turn on, but it was hermaphroditic...so I didn’t keep it.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Been preparing the ‘orchard plot’. Holes were dug a week ago. Yesterday, I amended the decomposed granite soil with 30% compost.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The pump replacement for my TurboKloner is on back order, so I may have to do clones the old fashion way. I’d like to plant into the holes by early April. I plan to amend the very top of the holes with some chicken and cow manure, pelleted organic vegetable fertilizer and then put 3 inches of mulch on top. The grove gets watered but not a lot. I anticipate needing to hand water every week or two especially in the heat of summer as temps can easily go mid 90’s or higher on some days.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Extraordinary spot, lovely view. The oranges have me salivating;)

Yes, the citrus are in full effect. Oranges, tangerines, lemons, limes, grapefruit. Loquats are coming along and some avocados are ready to come off the trees. We harvested Macadamia nuts at the beginning of the year. This is the first time in a number of years that we fertilize the grove. She’s been pretty productive for being neglected.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely surroundings in your property Ur Humbl Nr8tor,
seeing the orange trees makes me feel like at home :)

Glad to see your hard job on preparing the holes for the upcoming outdoor plants.
As we commented previously through pms, your local granite soil most probably doesn't have the correct ph, nutrients and bacteria life that cannabis prefers so try to amend the local soil as much as you can.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Lovely surroundings in your property Ur Humbl Nr8tor,
seeing the orange trees makes me feel like at home :)

Glad to see your hard job on preparing the holes for the upcoming outdoor plants.
As we commented previously through pms, your local granite soil most probably doesn't have the correct ph, nutrients and bacteria life that cannabis prefers so try to amend the local soil as much as you can.

dubi, I received a four part test kit I will take samples and get a base line. We’ve had significant rain this past week. I’m being told the compost amended holes have shrunk quite a bit. An opportunity to add more organic material. Depending on pH, I will make adjustments with amendments as needed. Same with NPK if the readings come back off kilter. Definitely will be adding some manures and perhaps some worm castings. The organic vegetable pellets. Mulch to top. I also received Mykos (mychorrizae) last week. The potted plants roots will be misted and well coated before placing into each hole. That along with continued organic additions will hopefully increase good bacteria. This plot will be experimental but should be available to me for years to come, so I will keep good notes and hopefully improve on whatever outcomes for following seasons. Thanks for all of the advice!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I took 3 soil samples in the grove this weekend and used the basic soil test I bought to get an idea of what I’m dealing with. pH ranges 7.0-7.6 (Avg. 7.3). Nitrogen effectively depleted. Phosphorous adequate to high adequate and K low adequate to adequate. I plan to add some EWC and some additional amendments (high N, Ca, elemental sulfur + Sul/Po/Mg, azomite). The organic vegetable pellets as a top dress. I will hit the roots with the Mykos mycorrhiza when I plant in. Appreciate any thoughts on that plan or if anyone has an alternate or additional suggestions.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi friend,

Sounds like your local soil is not bad at all, its ph is quite correct and i'm sure you will be able to adjust it between the 6.5-6.8 range without much problems, probably adding a bit of peat you told me with lower ph. A good way to increase organically the nitrogen and bacteria life would be to add worm casting.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Hi friend,

Sounds like your local soil is not bad at all, its ph is quite correct and i'm sure you will be able to adjust it between the 6.5-6.8 range without much problems, probably adding a bit of peat you told me with lower ph. A good way to increase organically the nitrogen and bacteria life would be to add worm casting.

Thanks for the input dubi! I do plan on adding worm castings and a little aged manure as well possibly bone and alfalfa meal. Some oyster shell and or gypsum. Azomite and sul/po/mag for trace. Yes, I could add a bit of peat directly to the soil in the holes and will consider it. Because the local water supply is higher pH (around 8), I consider to top dress with some elemental sulfur for the existing irrigation system. I anticipate needing to hand water on a routine basis during the hotter part of summer and will adjust the water pH during those drenches. Of course, once the soil is built and has had a few weeks to ‘cook’, I will take some samples and retest.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
What's going on with the planting holes in the orchard?

I hope to be back at the orchard this next weekend to finish amending the soil. I plan to add earth worm castings, some manure and a little bit of peat and sulfur to adjust the pH slightly down. Also may add some blood meal and the organic vegetable pellets I have. P and K seems adequate but a bit more wont hurt I think. I really need to bring the N up. Possibly a few additional amendments for some of the micro nutrients but I can top dress throughout the season if need be.

I will be rooting some stock for the holes this week. I have a Killer A5 haze and 2 Super Malawi haze seedlings but I cannot get them to really grow. It is the strangest thing as I have no issue with any other plants. I have a single CBD #1 that is very early seedling that I wish to plant out there. I had hoped to plant my single Belidia Kif, but unfortunately the seedling popped and then quickly died out...so that is not to be. If the Malawi hazes won’t grow, I will clone purple haze x Malawi and the Malawi S1 for those spots. In addition, I likely will plant a DJ Short F13 and possibly Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze or Strawberry Diesel.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Amended the grove holes w/ EWC, peat and some organic matter. Going to let the soil cook for a few weeks and will plant in later this month.

picture.php

picture.php