What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Would you want ACE Seeds to carry Romulan?

RomulanJake

Then its good for PTSD...

cant wait to sees them in ACE shop... hope this fast happends..

I have PTSD and Fibromyalgia.. it is great for both. The only strain that actually helps me in bad situations with my PTSD, and it seems to keep my Fibro at bay. If I smoke it daily, I have almost zero flare ups with my pain.

Dog Star

Veteran
I have PTSD and Fibromyalgia.. it is great for both. The only strain that actually helps me in bad situations with my PTSD, and it seems to keep my Fibro at bay. If I smoke it daily, I have almost zero flare ups with my pain.

Am haved first attack right on last Christmass.. think on Fibromyalgia,weird shit was it happened to me while i was taking bath and i love hot water and shower to use..

full bath of hot water that i enter was made me huge cramps in
hole body,attack started sudenly while i tryed to relax submersed..

wife pull me out of bath as i tought i will drown.. definitly saved
mine life that day..

didnt know for those Fibromyalgia before but its a wicked action
that was perform on me made me pretty scary experience..

all muscles start to constrict while i expected hot bath will
relax me..

So bro if you have this kind of strain then bring it on.. ACE crew
is great,i belive you will have long cooperation with those people
as they are legitt in mine eyes..

Kind regards RomulanJake,hope we have chance to experience
this strain..

:tiphat:

G

Gauss

I don't mean to be snotty and opinionated at all, but real Romulan isn't really up ACE's alley. I think ACE is a king of their roundhouse because they made it a priority. Picking up "old" designer lines for distribution is fine, but I have zero interest in an ACE Romulan personally. I'll take literally any other of their semi-domesticated landraces in my garden, and once ACE isn't the only place to get viable Romulan I think the utility of them offering it will decline immensely.

I am in no way trying to put down ACE or Romulan, I just think it would be a waste of ACE's talents and abilities to do more than simply offer it as a distributor.

YukonKronic

I don't mean to be snotty and opinionated at all, but real Romulan isn't really up ACE's alley. I think ACE is a king of their roundhouse because they made it a priority. Picking up "old" designer lines for distribution is fine, but I have zero interest in an ACE Romulan personally. I'll take literally any other of their semi-domesticated landraces in my garden, and once ACE isn't the only place to get viable Romulan I think the utility of them offering it will decline immensely.

I am in no way trying to put down ACE or Romulan, I just think it would be a waste of ACE's talents and abilities to do more than simply offer it as a distributor.

It’s a landrace based sativa polyhybrid with a touch of Afghani heirloom... seems like ACE bread and butter to me. Lol I’m wrong all the time though I guess we’ll have to see if ACE takes up the challenge and makes it something people think is special.
In my opinion the draw lies in the fact that it’s a deservedly famous heirloom line that has rarely been released in pure form or seen as anything but it’s elite cuts and some crosses.

If ACE can take all that time proven quality and make it from a “find a great cut line” into a true breeding example of what tokers since as early as the 1950s have been raving about then they will have done exactly as their mission statement to preserve and improve upon landrace and heirloom genetics says.

I’m not trying to be a poop your absolutely entitled to your opinion I just really want to see the ACE selection/breeding machine applied to Romulan. It’s only since reading Jakes history that I recognize how lucky sources in Yukon were to get ahold of some of the Sativa dominant sweet pine examples of Romulan back in mid-late 90’s.
I thought it fucked me up because I was such an inexperienced head but I still remember the high and it was in a league with GT and MalawixPanama for potency. Much more of a floating dreamy feeling likely from the Columbian backross done after Afghani was introduced.
That’s my totally unsolicited retort:biggrin::tiphat:
Hope you don’t think I’m trying to be a pisser.

RomulanJake

Luis from ACE contacted us on his own, so he must feel it is up their alley at least to some degree. He inquired about purely distribution but I would highly encourage him to work it and use it however he wishes, as I do with anyone else. I'm personally working it, and plan to get it to a stable, homogeneous strain with as little variation as I can get from an old poly.

Now I get what you're saying, completely, but to be fair Romulan is not an old designer strain.. it really is so much more than the reputation it gained at one point. Sure it was popular for a time, and on that designer status shelf.. but it was around long before that and known as Port Alberni Pinebud. Yukon who responded above was right, she is a polyhybrid made from heirloom/landrace strains. And I think that is in large part what interets Luis at ACE to carry it. She is essentially what they do, in every way. I can see a point in them not carrying a strain that is anything other than pure landrace strains, and their own crosses with them.. so I can agree with your sentiment there. Maybe they shouldn't carry it, but that choice is entirely theirs. My aim in them getting it is this wonderful plant can make it far easier into European hands.

To wrap it up I highly respect how you worded your response and opinions, and will certainly take note.. I'll even mention it to Luis when we talk again, as something to consider. ;)

calisun

If it's from the Romulan that 3rd floor Oakland used to carry back in the late 90's early 2000's. I would love to run some of those seeds.

G

Gauss

I'm gonna go ahead and eat my words when I said I wouldn't find anything Romulan to be compelling within ACE's catalogue, I've been looking for legit Romulan for my garden for years. I'd probably scoop it if they made some or some crosses even. As far as old designer strains I really just meant popular, didn't mean to imply it is hype shit or anything, just that there is a current market hole for it which I think is smaller than the market hole for the more intensive refining of mostly pure landraces that ACE has been known for. That's probably because I don't really know shit about that at all and I'm wrong. I really appreciate the pioneering spirit of their work otherwise, their contributions to cannabis as a whole by bringing in landraces, instead of working already existing polyhybrids. I suppose I simply find it curious that they would go for Romulan, but I can't think of better hands for it to be in and think it's exciting that they might.

YukonKronic

Hey jake I recognize it could be foggy at this point since breeding started in the 50s but I’m wondering how many generations Romulan has been inbred or if your stock is from the Columbian backross subsequent to Afghani introduction.

I’m curious as to the degree of stability in your starting stock... not that it would deter me at all I’m just wondering if you knew anything about how the parents were combined or how many generations one stage or another was inbred (or not) before crossing.. for example:
Was it an F1 Korean/Thai x Mexican that got crossed with a Colombian x Afghani and then backed to Colombian or some other variation? We’re any of those stages inbred before further crossings?
Any details would be great but I do understand that it’s pretty hard to know unless someone left detailed notes..

clearheaded

know a guy who has gotten many sourced romulan old and newer from states and across canada and was trying to get it back to original culling without mercy. figured its close to oldschool but not 100%. so be sure its legit and tried by many old rom smokers!

That being said ya it should be a fairly IBL if is OG line, however if substantial variaiton perhaps from an outcross or 2... ie outcrossed from original outcross. federation i believe re released it or jordan of the islands. orignal seed stock was released through oldschool seed breeders on the westcoast canada.

where did the line come from?

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
Extremely potent, perfect hybrid high with zero anxiety or stress.. and no heart racing. Just soaring high in the head and body. Tons of pain relief, and other medical properties.
does it develop into sleepytime? does it fade to clear-mind?

if it's a hybrid that develops into a heavy stone like so many hybrids, i personally don't think i would have any interest. (edit* -not entirely true, i do occasionally use cannabis to fall asleep, and clear-minded indicas to relax in the daytime)

it is a very beautiful plant, though. i bet it would make a very aesthetically pleasing structure mixed with kali china!

Last edited:

RomulanJake

Hey jake I recognize it could be foggy at this point since breeding started in the 50s but I’m wondering how many generations Romulan has been inbred or if your stock is from the Columbian backross subsequent to Afghani introduction.

I’m curious as to the degree of stability in your starting stock... not that it would deter me at all I’m just wondering if you knew anything about how the parents were combined or how many generations one stage or another was inbred (or not) before crossing.. for example:
Was it an F1 Korean/Thai x Mexican that got crossed with a Colombian x Afghani and then backed to Colombian or some other variation? We’re any of those stages inbred before further crossings?
Any details would be great but I do understand that it’s pretty hard to know unless someone left detailed notes..

When they started with the Korean Thai, they grew it for years before crossing it. After that initial cross, they grew that plant for years. Then the Colombian was eventually added in. They grew that for years. Then the afghani was crossed in, they hated it.. and backed it to the Colombian and all breeding stopped there essentially.

But that is about all I know of, in that regards. I am almost 100% they did not do any inbreeding at any point... but that is just a guess based off of them not exactly being rocket scientists. Most of these guys had very little schooling and education, and it wasnt until the later years that they learned a lot from other growers, etc.. My guess is they were on the open pollination train for years before they knew about selecting, and isolating.

YukonKronic

When they started with the Korean Thai, they grew it for years before crossing it. After that initial cross, they grew that plant for years. Then the Colombian was eventually added in. They grew that for years. Then the afghani was crossed in, they hated it.. and backed it to the Colombian and all breeding stopped there essentially.

But that is about all I know of, in that regards. I am almost 100% they did not do any inbreeding at any point... but that is just a guess based off of them not exactly being rocket scientists. Most of these guys had very little schooling and education, and it wasnt until the later years that they learned a lot from other growers, etc.. My guess is they were on the open pollination train for years before they knew about selecting, and isolating.
Interesting thanks... if they grew same seed batch for years it’s a fairly straightforward linear development. If seed was made and planted each season for years then it would have a couple generations to at least start to stabilize before next addition of genetics. That would have made it a little more predictable each time they crossed it again. Good to know that it stopped at the Columbian bx too. We can expect F2s of these seeds to throw a few pretty Afghani influenced plants if that’s the case I think... I wonder what might emerge from taking Columbian dom F2s and selfing them... sometimes that kind of shit will bring out other recessive things hidden generations back.. seemed to with Zamaldelica fem when I did it anyways.
Edit: if you try F2S1 seeds expect a hit on yields... it was an accident that lead to a surprising number of phenotypes some of which were right back to being jungle weed

YukonKronic

Lol just realized my example happened to be pretty close to the actual happenstance as far as it being KT x Mex then KTmex x Columbian etc...

Synchronicity. Kewl.

YukonKronic

Have you made any seeds or is it still from last round of breeding? Lol how old are the seeds your germinating? You might have some tips on old seed stock a lot of people would like...
Sorry if I’m bothering you I’m (I guess it’s obvious at this point) just really into trying to pin down as much as possible before the whole world jumps into a genetics argument like with some other strains.. the more it’s documented now from the guy who has most of the story the better we can interpret what we see in the line as it continues to develop..

I’m just foggy on when the Columbian bx happened and if seeds have been made since then and if so how many times (generations inbred) and wether they were an open pollination or you or someone else did some selection or what have you..
Lol I promise I’ll (probably :biggrin:) leave you alone after this one:thank you:
If I’m pushing for info that doesn’t exist no biggie I just figured I and the other weed nerds out there might as well ask since you have so many other good answers :tiphat: