What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cultivating Zamaldelica and Jarilla de Sinaloa by the Danube

yoss33

Veteran
The great sunny and dry season is continuing and the forecasts are it will continue at least for the following 10 days.

ZamAces and Zam2Aces:
picture.php

ZamAce #1:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
With the good weather going on, it seems I'll be able to get some (if not much) resin to smell and taste from all the small plants (Zam2Aces, Jarilla and Zam x Jarilla).

Zam2Ace #1:
picture.php

The other 2 Zam2Aces:
picture.php

With the autumn sun shining more from sideways, not from the top, the Zam x Jarilla seedlings are now getting some sun in the afternoon:
picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
The Jarilla mother:
picture.php

One of the many tips, "topped" by a stem borer:
picture.php

Another such one.. forming a kind of a "baseball bat" top:
picture.php

And more usual tops follow:
picture.php

picture.php

orfeas

Veteran
Oye yoss, looking at your fine specimens I can but exclaim!

Now I'll keep me fingers crossed as to avail the horrid culprit that proliferates in autumn's humidity and deprives us of many a bud ;)

:tiphat:orfeas

yoss33

Veteran
Thanks, LBH! :) It's all in the sun!
Hey, Orf, I hope it's as dry at the Aegean shore as it is here - on the other side of the Balkan! That's if you are growing outdoors this season...

I'm pondering on whether not to harvest the 2 ZamAces, because the later samples become more and more calm in effect after a quick 3-day dry, the penetrating skunky smell is also weaker now, the taste and flavor are now getting slightly rounded and earthy. The flowers themselves still look so fresh and willing to push more, the smell is still only slightly earthier than the peak fresh smell, but it seems the resin has matured enough, at least for my liking... I don't need a calm Zamal, I have other strains in the stash for this :)
It's tempting to see how these tops will be able to swell, but I'm more interested in having 2 jars of smoke that I like than 3 jars of smoke I don't like... So, it will be decided on my next visit to the plants and after proper sniffing and looking under the lens..

420empire

Veteran
Your have some beautiful strains Yoss! It Seem like your treat Them very well. Keep on Growing ��

Popey

Veteran
Hi yoss33!

How long after sowing did Jarila show sex indoor? On what photoperiod? 12/12 or shorter ?

yoss33

Veteran
Hi Popey!
I don't remember exactly, but in general Jarilla doesn't show its sex early, at least on 18/6. It makes very small preflowers that are sometimes hard to identify and perhaps half of the plants will show their sex for sure only when flowering starts (i.e., at 12/12).

Popey

Veteran
Thank you for the quick reply!

I don't expect it to bloom on 18/6 but I'm glad it blooms on 12/12. I have grown several strains from Ace and CBG. However, I wanted to try more "wild" genes. The choice fell on Manipuri from TRSC. However, I had a lot of difficulty growing, because Manipuri showed sex only after 2 months at 11/13 photoperiod and bloomed indefinitely. I wanted to make sure I didn't have the same problems with Jarila.

Last edited:

orfeas

Veteran
Hey, Orf, I hope it's as dry at the Aegean shore as it is here - on the other side of the Balkan! That's if you are growing outdoors this season...

I'm pondering on whether not to harvest the 2 ZamAces, because the later samples become more and more calm in effect after a quick 3-day dry, the penetrating skunky smell is also weaker now, the taste and flavor are now getting slightly rounded and earthy. The flowers themselves still look so fresh and willing to push more, the smell is still only slightly earthier than the peak fresh smell, but it seems the resin has matured enough, at least for my liking... I don't need a calm Zamal, I have other strains in the stash for this :)
It's tempting to see how these tops will be able to swell, but I'm more interested in having 2 jars of smoke that I like than 3 jars of smoke I don't like... So, it will be decided on my next visit to the plants and after proper sniffing and looking under the lens..

G'day yoss!
Unfortunately the coast has been very humid for the last coupla days fluctuating RH 60-75 with mornings being quite hazy :biggrin:
I did venture some OD but security issues had me picking an inappropriate spot, not enough soil nor enough sunlight and eventually the caterpillars got the better of me plants, which were meagre to say the least...never had such unattended plants before...
That being said I've had to resort to safer venues depicted in the 2nd pic... :)

As for the harvest bit, I must reiterate I am with you!

:tiphat:orf

Attachments

• P1110338.jpg
    P1110338.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 41
  • P1110392.jpg
    P1110392.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 39

yoss33

Veteran
Hey, Popey, you won't have this problem with Jarilla - it flowers much more readily than pure equatorial sativas. Dense flowering started after two weeks of 12/12.

Orf, it's good you've found a way not to miss a season :) I'm confident you'll be able to find (and create by cleaning) a good guerrilla place, it just takes some attempts, because you never know how good a place is until you actually try it. There's a hose visible on your outdoor photo, did you try delivering water from another place (somewhere close)? Or a dripping container?

yoss33

Veteran
Yesterday I harvested all but a small bottom branch of ZamAce #2. Some of its tops actually look almost ready (40% withered pistils). ZamAce #1 was left because it's almost all in white pistils.

ZamAce #1:
picture.php

ZamAce #2:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
ZamAce #1 still pumping up:
picture.php

picture.php

It's all in big chunky buds, even the small lower branches:
picture.php

picture.php

yoss33

Veteran
Zam2Ace #1:
picture.php

Zam2Ace #3:
picture.php

Zam2Ace #4:
picture.php

Zam x Jarilla, the most advanced-in-flowering one already has a very attractive flowery/fruity smell, which is more close to the Jarilla father's than the Zam mother's smell:
picture.php

kokomarin

Still summer like days in whole Balcans .
I had few zamaldelicas grow,but spot was roddents teritory,ten seeds is only what I have from early dark female and lightgreen male.
Respect,yoss!