What's new

Tips for supplemental lighting in greenhouse

Kilo23

Hey I'm looking to add some lights in a couple light dep houses. I am mainly looking to use the lights to keep them in veg till I'm ready to flip them but also wondering the benefits of supplement light in the morning and evening during flower. Im planning on vegging till the end of sept in northern California. I can run some 220 and use hps but fluorescent would be a simple hookup for me. The greenhouses are 12x40x10. Thanks in advance.

Sow to Grow

Check out LumiGrow LEDs. They design and build greenhouse fixtures for commercial growers. Give them your specs and they can help you with a design.

Supplemental lighting comes down to DLI (daily light integral) targets. It's basically a number that describes the amount of light your plants get for a day. Growers usually have a light sensor that is tied into their control system. If the system detects that the light levels won't be reached, it will flip on the supplemental lights.

This is a handy primer on specifying supplemental lighting for greenhouses: http://www.lumigrow.com/lumigrow-guide-specifying-LED-lighting.pdf

Good luck!

coldcanna

Veteran
Temp lighting for construction jobs is great and cheap. $75 for a 100ft long string, the lights are every 10ft.

8307_611ed7ed61c418f316c1bfc469cb502f892d7266_original.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts