What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'd like a checkup, and I don't have insurance for these babies, can you help?

Derorli Panza

Hail,

I am on my first grow here.

The plants had rapid growth during their first few days of life, for about 10 days now growth has seemingly come to a halt, and the leaves on 3 of the 4 plants are a pale green/yellowish. I remember the leaves being a healthier shade of green before. I think something may be wrong given the above info. I have taken some measures as of this posting to try and improve the situation, but I am unsure of the cause and would like feedback.

Thank you.

Also, I have stems that are 2 different colors. I am unsure what this means.

Pics are included below.

How long has this problem been going on? 8 days approx.
What STRAIN are you growing? Cinderella99xBlueberry from JoeyWeed
What was the establishing technique? seed
What is the age of your plants? approx. 15 days of life
How Tall are the plants? between 2 and 4 inches
What PHASE are the plants in? early veg
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) N/A
What size pots are you using? 1plant to each pot, was in very small seed starter pods, and were transplanted to plastic cups today.
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using? Jungle Growth Potting Mix N=.25,P=.12,K=.12
What Nutrient's are you using? None
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"? Approx. 7
What method of pH test was administered? electronic ph meter
How often are you watering? approx. 1 teapsoon per plant per 12 hour period (i think i was underwatering and as of today am upping the amount of water)
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? None
What size bulb are you using? 3 CFLs at 60watt rated each.
What is the distance to the canopy? approx. 2-4 inches.
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity) 40%at night/ 70% daytime
What is the canopy temperature? approx 72-75 day/ low of 69 at night.
What is the Day/Night Temp? approx 72-75 day/ low of 69 at night.
What is the current Air Flow? 162cfm
Is the fan blowing directly at plants? no
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? no
Is your water HARD or SOFT? soft
What water are you using? tap
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? no
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when? no
Are plant's infected with pest's? no

All of these pics are taken as of the posting, at approx 15 days of total growth.

Are we healthy? C99xBlueberry
c99xbbarethesehealthy2.jpg

In this pic below, the front right plant is more a healthier shade of green compared to the other 3... I put this at a small chance that this could be a different strain seed that got mixxed into to my order. (my 10 seeds of c99xBlueberry came with a mix indoor pack of seeds in a compartment system that left a bit of room for human error)

c99xbbarethesehealthy.jpg

Whats up with my stems? I have red/purple followed by a portion of white, then back to red/purple, then another portion of white all along this stem.

c99xbb15daysstemcolors.jpg

This stem has just a touch of red/purple at the top, then white the rest of the way down.
c99xbb15daysstemcolors3.jpg

This pic shows the type of container these have grown in, and the root development. (Roots have grown out of the drainage holes of the container after 15 days) I think my root growth is excellent, but my top growth is my major concern.

c99xbb15daysrootgrowth.jpg

Last edited:

wygram

Wait till they need water again and feed with a balanced fertilizer. Figure out your watering schedule, so there is a wet -- not-bone-dry cycle.

Lower the lights to within 1-2 inches.

Last edited:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
wygram said:
Transplant into a bigger container. 1-2 quarts in size

After transplanting feed with a balanced fertilizer.

Lower the lights to within 1-2 inches.

only things i would add is... go easy on the ferts.. start off weak... dont want to overfert those babies.... perhaps get some air circulation in the general area if you dont already.,, should help to strengthen up your stems. when you transplant them up... go easy on the watering.. you dont want to soak the container if its much larger then the current rootmass...

M

magicbuds

Hi dont know if this will help but I had some plants which went tall and lanky like that on my first grow I was told it was because I wasn't giving them enough light and the plants were searching for the light. This was outdoor tho when I did it and i'd put them in the shade as I was scared of the sun burning them and was told this was the cause of the plants getting so tall. Are they getting atleast 18 hours of light? Good Luck :)

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
How close is the light to the babys? u want it as close as possible with that kinda light, also when u transplant u could burry half that stem and it should start to root.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
They need to be planted into pots; they are hungry dude; get them into a soil mixture and water; do not feed them, when you water the nutes will absorb in there roots......

They look overwatered too; but they badly need out of those and put into pots...... purple stems is phosphorus; phosphorus is needed for strong quick root growth which is why they have come to a halt; get them into cups/small pots.

Do not pick too big, a dixie cup or a pot a little bigger than a cup is needed for now.

Derorli Panza

Hail,

4 days later my babies are thanking you all for your advice!!

I upgraded their pots, switched from jungle growth soil to MG seedling soil with added perlite, overwatered a bit (i am 99% sure i was underwatering before), and I added a very weak solution of 20:20:20 Miracle Grow fert.

Here are the same plants from my post above, just 4 days later!

This is my first grow, and I can smell some of the funk this cinderella99xblueberry is giving off. I LOVE it!!

c99xbb19days1.jpg

c99xbb19days7.jpg

c99xbb19days9.jpg