What's new

I lost my crop to Spider Mites

Hello Friends,

Today is a rather difficult day for me. I will be smoking the last of my stash today. I had a crop (small timer like 5 plants), they were about 3-4 weeks in flower when they got spider mites.. I know why too I didn't clean and sanitize enough before the grow darn!! The spider mites were eating my plants and making webbs on the stems... I tried neem, it did nothing!!! I went to the grow shop and got some pyrethrin spray for mites... It slowed them down for two days then they were back more... already being 4 weeks into flower I decided that rather than fight the spider mites by constantly spraying them with poison until harvest (eeewww), to trash the stash and start fresh. THe downside is that I will be completely out with no connection for at least 90 days!!!! Darn!!. I wanted to save the crop but the spider mites worked so fast they had webbs all over the buds... I figured trash it and start again... So I am about to smoke my last bowl in at least 90 days... ( I don't want to waste money on dirt weed, I would waste money on kind but there is none that I know of around)...

So today I start fresh I am starting some nirvana ww and bog lifesaver today!!! I am starting them in a totally different room and try to keep everything medically clean. Do you think the spider mites could travel from one room to another enclosed location, the effected plants are gone... Thanks for you advice and support... 90 days!!! geeez :badday: :spank:

Last edited:
G

damm that sucks. Why don't you make a mother plant and get a cycle going so you wouldn't have to wait 90 days for a smoke

yeah I was trying to do that but the clones didn't make it they were too stressed from the mites, I was perpetual for almost a year... oh well :)

Them mites are the worst - some searching here will show LOTS of info on those bastards.

There are many things to fight them but towards the end of your battle when you think nothing is gonna kill them - then its time to break out the nukes.

Avid - found on ebay in a small vile.

Good luck

growinman

^^^^----what he said!

^^^^----what he said!

Take some clones and wash them good with your 'control.' Root them in a "clean room". Get through your current grow 'controlling' them with your "safe" stuff. Completely clean your whole room, bombs, bleach---every nook and cranny........out with everything you can afford to lose; clean everything else again. Bomb again!
Hopefully, by now, your clones are rooted and planted. Once they rooted and were planted, they were ready for their first mist of AVID/Floromite, and then again 3 days later. Just to be sure, hit them again at day 7! Check for mites---they still stay alive for a few days but lay no more eggs and die. The avid literally goes through the leaves so you dont have to soak them like with everything else.
"If" your room is ready, they can go back in there. The leaves your sprayed will be the first to die off as the plant grows. By the time the plant goes into bud the will be no trace of the avid.
Be careful of the shit(Avid). Read the MSDS! Remember it only takes one mite to start it all over again.... You could have them on house plants, or hibernating somewhere. They come in on your clothes if your where you might contact them. Same for pets if they get around. Most often they are introduced to your grow from clones you bring home......
I fought the bastards for over a year with everything available. I learned the hard way. Clean, clean, clean.........

Good luck to you. Most hydro shops sell little vials of avid(behind the counter) for $30-$40. Use 6 drops per qt.
........never thought I 'd promote these chems.........when all else failed, they worked!

growinman :smoker:

when you harvest what you have growing, if you have any questions on what to do with the mites/eggs still there, I have a few good things to try.

Dkgrower

Veteran
secretweapon333 said:
anyone have any spider mite experience?

Unfortunaly- yes.

New pots soil is a good idea if not in veg. Also clean the room with brown soap/alcohol before starting up.

Last time i got spidermites was from clones - so new practies is always to inspect clones with a hand lens.

But how you got them ? , properly contamination from outside/natur dirty basment ect. you need to fix that

A hand lens is good to use and look under the fan leafs fore them and there eggs

spacecadet

hell yeah mani get them bastards every winter i all most lost my 2 moms tryed every thing and so far only thing that killed them has been the no-pest strip i try ed cleaning the room and all equipment with no such lucky they come back every winter

Dont trash it, Take each plant and wash it. In the sink or a bucket or outside. Wash em good. Let, Them sit, While your doing that pbomb that room, 12-18 hours later put those babies back in there to finish. Safer them, pest strip for 2 weeks then do a long finish 9 weeks. While your saving this crop start your new with flourous.
Good luck

quay.lewd

Surfnfisher said:
Dont trash it, Take each plant and wash it. In the sink or a bucket or outside. Wash em good. Let, Them sit, While your doing that pbomb that room, 12-18 hours later put those babies back in there to finish. Safer them, pest strip for 2 weeks then do a long finish 9 weeks. While your saving this crop start your new with flourous.
Good luck

we had em last grow... afterwards we bombed the room 3 times within a week, sprayed the floor as well as the walls with dormant oil.

before we put the plants in the room, we gave em a shower, put petro jelly on the stems. after planting we are keeping the humidity way up... and guess what...they are back... not bad...but one mite is one too many..

last week we introduced predator mites (2 types)...2000 of em... into the room.. we see them on the leaves, but they don't seem to be moving around (are they dead??)... the bastard spider mites are moving... it says it could take upto 2-3 weeks for the predator's to start working...

we don't have that much time... we are giving em another 2-3 days... if we still find a live mite, we are starting our spraying program... 1st we will use neem, next day safers soap, and on the 3rd day a mixture of tobacco juice and hot pepper ...

we are thinking about buying a quart of floramite (200 euro's)... we would really hate to use floramite (or avid) even in veg.. but we mite be forced to..

mites sux...

I battled mites. The only way I have gotten rid of them is this. In veg Use Avid. I bleached my room, and floor. Made a 5 gallon bucket of avid and and dunked each plant. Mites have been gone for 6 months since. Nothing has ever worked for me like avid. Mites are crazy. There is no way to control them.

Yeah man, at the end them mites were having a serious party. No they were having a rave over my plants I swear littetally over the course of 2 days they went from being around if you look for them... two days later they had webbs all over the place, especuially the buds!!! The webs were filled with thousands of happy mites... They were a whole group of mites moving around like a school of ants all over the tips of the leafs.. Even if you can kill them by that point the webbs are in the buds!!!! ewww... I'm actually trying to move before I have to use the flower room again..!!

Latest posts

Latest posts