What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Commercial strains with best calyx/leaf ratio

budsicles

I am sooooo tired of trimming.
What are the highest yielding strains (from seed) that have the fewest leaves?

R

Rubber Chicken

Whatever seeds you buy you will probably have to do a small selection.

It will probably be a sativa dominant hybrid you want.

budsicles

Yeah this ain't my first rodeo. Have done at least 100 strains.

I would be happy with a seedline that consistently provided 1 good pheno for every 5 girls. Good being both high yield and little leaf.

So far I've been thinking casey jones or ak47....but i'd like to hear from people's first hand experience.

Ollie

Veteran
Skunk #1 is also remarkable efficient at not producing bio mass, but Trichomes where the party is at ..

budsicles

Oh trust me, if I could get that cut I'd be running it. She's a gem.

That's why I was wondering more about seedlines.

I know I can get hybrids with gg4. But I don't know about the stability of them.

Thanks for the responses. :tiphat:

budsicles

Yeah I ran Peaks skunk and loved it...but it still had some leaf to it.

There's a skunk1 by dp in one of the calyx/leaf threads which looks good.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
The og 18 x skunk freebie I got a few years ago was the easiest trimmer I ever grew. Never filled up the canopy with her to see her actual yield potential. But she looked like she would weigh in nice.

Cloneman

Veteran
The best I've found in the last few years are

Bodhi's Prayer tower (sativa)

Snowhigh's Blueberry Blast, I got 8 fems from the 10 pack and any one of 4-5 would be keepers, they are that similar. Just finished these seedlings and cant wait to try the clones after my summer break, here's a quote from another thread

Good score, just finished the BBB and all I can say is fuckin hell, when I read all the reports they said it yields, IT YIELDS! They are like war clubs with rock hard crown or artichoke buds, that will need a kitchen knife to cut up....

Oh yeah I ordered another 10 pack of the BBB, the commercial side of me told me to, for just in case, plus I want a male of this shit.
Will pop back with some pics

hugo23

Karma's Biker Kush
AK 47
Skunk #1
Afghan Skunk
Super Skunk
Skunk Haze
Critical Mass
Critical Bilbo
Critical Kush

damn, over 100 strains and still haven't found something to suit you?

If you don't mind me asking what/who have you ran with no 'your' type of keepers?

Supposedly DNA's Cannalope Haze is a "re-branded" C99, sativa but very fast , good flavor and decent yields

budsicles

damn, over 100 strains and still haven't found something to suit you?

I've found plenty that suit my needs as far as quality goes.
Karma's Headbanger is the star of the show right now.
Some strains I've tried had good calyx/leaf ratio...some had mega yields.
I want a seed line that produces both...consistently. Even if it's not top shelf quality.
Let's be real, a MEGA yielder with VERY few leaves AND top-shelf quality is holy grail material.

I'll check out the cannalope haze. I tried a pack of moscas c99 bx 4 years ago and it was horrible quality. Turned me off c99.

Last edited:

F. Dupp

Veteran
I'll check out the cannalope haze. I tried a pack of moscas c99 bx 4 years ago and it was horrible quality. Turned me off c99.

I must have gotten some of that same batch of C99 from Mosca. Small, pale seeds. Very few germed, and those that did were runts with little potency. Turned me off to Mosca and C99

F. Dupp

Veteran
Give Dinafems Sweet Deep Grapefruit a try. The plants are tall, stretchy, and somewhat difficult to manage, but they yield big and have not much more than a few fan leaves to pluck off. I also really enjoyed the weed. I grew her for a couple years before I got bored with her.

Latest posts

Latest posts