What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sensi skunk#1 vs mr nice shit vs the pure

H

highBabyPie

i've been wanting to do a skunk grow for some time now. i already have a pack of mr nice shit. this is supposed to be ibl sk#1. should i pop these or would i get superior results from other skunk lines? i understand that the pure is the version most grow here, and the sensi is probably the most popular overall because sensi of sensi's name recognition. i've heard great things about all 3 mentioned sk#1 versions. i'm sure they're all very good in their own way. i'd be interested in hearing about other solid skunk lines too. thnx

Danky Kong

i've been wanting to do a skunk grow for some time now. i already have a pack of mr nice shit. this is supposed to be ibl sk#1. should i pop these or would i get superior results from other skunk lines? i understand that the pure is the version most grow here, and the sensi is probably the most popular overall because sensi of sensi's name recognition. i've heard great things about all 3 mentioned sk#1 versions. i'm sure they're all very good in their own way. i'd be interested in hearing about other solid skunk lines too. thnx

Unfortunately you're not likely to find real skunk phenos in any of those. If you live in a medical state, see if you can get an elite cut of Mendocino Skunk out of California. I'm in Rhode Island and we have have cuts of it going around.

H

highBabyPie

Unfortunately you're not likely to find real skunk phenos in any of those. If you live in a medical state, see if you can get an elite cut of Mendocino Skunk out of California. I'm in Rhode Island and we have have cuts of it going around.

i can't get clones where i am. its gotta be seed. not sure i agree that u can't find real skunk pheno in sk1 & shit, never grown em but sure as fuck smoked em. i don't need roadkill. a good skunk to me is a sativa driven, strong, happy buzz with enough afghan for the low end theory. good yields, high c-2-leaf ratio. sweet aka dutch skunks are fine. basically what im asking is if i should just pop the mr nice shit now, or is it worth waiting for an order of another brand.

skunktoker

All of the above can give you similiar results I prefer more taste in my skunks A few of my favorites and its opinion of course you will get many answers but the skunks I prefer.......

Lemon skunk (GHS) Taste like buttery lemons
Cluster bomb (BOMB SEEDS) Orange and citrus deep stone
Power-Skunk (Kannabia) lemon candy
Super-skunk (G-13 Labs) more afghani great buzz also
White-Skunk (White-Label) very underrated skunk nice high

just to name A few so many more good skunks good luck in your search......ST

Rowdy420

Run that Mr. Nice gear and get on with it, you will not be disappointed with Shanti's work. Why not start a journal and keep us all informed of your experiences with Da shit. I have a # of his strains in my garden... The Stones from his rock n roll series is a real star for one and Critical Mass is well critical!

Good luck, Peace

moondawg

Ive grown sensi's skunk 2x in the past 15 yrs and its a really nice strain/plants. Good high that matches your description well.

M

MrSterling

Cultivator's choice does a "Skunk #1 x Hindu Kush" that might prove useful.

F

Funion

What about BCSC skunk? I realize its all but a memory, but was it a quality skunk in its day? Good breeding material?

NuggPufr

I have run 2 packs of sensi skunk #1. Plants that did germinate were decent. very fruity smelling skunk and heavy yielding. I have a pack of the pure that I am contemplating wetting soon. setting up undercurrent system currently.

jayjayfrank

Veteran
Cultivator's choice does a "Skunk #1 x Hindu Kush" that might prove useful.

yes, was planning to pick some up from CBG along with some peyote purple for x-mas. CC SK#1xHK and SK#1xOG Haze are awesome but it would just be sweet to have an official Cultivators Choice seed pack that said skunk#1 on it.

Danky Kong

I have run 2 packs of sensi skunk #1. Plants that did germinate were decent. very fruity smelling skunk and heavy yielding. I have a pack of the pure that I am contemplating wetting soon. setting up undercurrent system currently.

Low germination rates with Sensi? How old were the seeds?

M

MrSterling

yes, was planning to pick some up from CBG along with some peyote purple for x-mas. CC SK#1xHK and SK#1xOG Haze are awesome but it would just be sweet to have an official Cultivators Choice seed pack that said skunk#1 on it.

Sounds like a great Christmas package for yourself! I've seen a lot about the Skunk mixes with Haze, but you rarely hear about the SkunkxHinduKush.

bluntmassa

the best pics I've seen yet are from the pure from the flying dutchmen section but I have not seen too many grows of shit or sensi skunk #1. I got a pack of mr. nice shit right now but I also have medicine man and critical mass right now I think I'm going to run my shit first too find the best mother cause I got over 20 seeds of each strain he really hooks you up at the auction only problem I got now is I have too many seeds to think about buying more any time too soon.lol

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
Unfortunately, the Skunk #1 I grew from Sensi was shite.
Not saying that that's how it's going to be for everyone, but personally I wouldn't grow it again.

mr.brunch

Veteran
i take it there are still people in the u.s. who still hold clones of the proper skunk?
can they not hose it down with cs and sell us the seeds?
at least then we may be in with a chance of a good stinky pheno

If you like skunk well you'll love chemdog homie...chacos ultimate skunk! Peace