What's new

Amount of hydrogen peroxide (h202) per gallon?

mojob

What is the approximate (or average) amount of hydrogen peroxide per gallon of water?

Thanks

skunktoker

3% peroxide 1/2 cup 4ounces a gallon
35% peroxide 2 teaspoons a gallon ...careful with the 35% as rule of thumb start out with half then go up if needed

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
seems like alot of peroxide i use it at 5ml per gal but its more of a preventive... ive there was an issue i would think u may up it but i cant see dumpin that much into the res. i would need the shit by the gallons.

David762

RE: 20% H2O2 and stronger concentrations

3% peroxide 1/2 cup 4ounces a gallon
35% peroxide 2 teaspoons a gallon ...careful with the 35% as rule of thumb start out with half then go up if needed

Be careful -- it is a powerful oxidizer that can harm eyes, nasal passages throat and lungs, as well as burn the skin. It is difficult to get over 30% H2O2 in the USA anymore, since it is a precursor to certain explosives. And in high enough concentrations H2O2 is used as a component of rocket fuel. Observe MDS cautions regarding safe handling. BTW: with proper clothing, gloves & respirator, concentrated H2O2 is great for sterilizing your grow space and media between crops -- far better than chlorine bleach, since there's no toxic residue.

I have to agree with [skunktoker] recommendations regarding the application of H2O2 to treat H2O, but you could start at about 75% of recommendation and work your way up in strength.
:tiphat:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tablespoon per gallon in hydroponics to keep res clear, once a week works great ;)

Chem&M

Be careful -- it is a powerful oxidizer that can harm eyes, nasal passages throat and lungs, as well as burn the skin. It is difficult to get over 30% H2O2 in the USA anymore, since it is a precursor to certain explosives. And in high enough concentrations H2O2 is used as a component of rocket fuel. Observe MDS cautions regarding safe handling. BTW: with proper clothing, gloves & respirator, concentrated H2O2 is great for sterilizing your grow space and media between crops -- far better than chlorine bleach, since there's no toxic residue.

I have to agree with [skunktoker] recommendations regarding the application of H2O2 to treat H2O, but you could start at about 75% of recommendation and work your way up in strength.
:tiphat:

Fucking A. Get that shit on your fingers and tell me what happens. Mine were white for days when I first tried it years ago in hydro. Lesson learned!! Gloves people!!

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
Get that shit on your fingers and tell me what happens. Mine were white for days when I first tried it years ago in hydro. Lesson learned!! Gloves people!!

damn right!! i use 35% and when i touch it from mistake
then my fingers turns white!! gloves for sure:)

Latest posts

Latest posts