What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fender Super's 2017 backyard greenhouse grow

Strain = Kosher Kush
Latitude 37:30
Climate: Mediterranean
Soil: Kellogg's Patio Plus with numerous amendments
Planted: 17/06/2017

My very first grow.

Six plants, in fabric pots elevated off a concrete background on pallets. Tarp on the bottom to attach to the frame, to strengthen the entire greenhouse. Doesn't move around in the wind, any more. Hand watering, more often as the plants get bigger. I'll post photos of the grow (in seperate posts on this thread) so the assembled will see how far I've come.

Mostly organic nutrients but I used a little SuperThrive to jump-start a couple of non-thriving plants. One is going off like a roman candle and the other is starting to show evidence of getting happier.

At this time, the plan is to begin the flip Aug 7. By then, I hope to have cages in the pots to support what will obviously be HUGE plants. In a few minutes when I get photos uploaded, opinions are welcome.

The day the girls arrived...

DXj5rME.jpg

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
The Patio Plus is awesome soil and its cheap, same stuff i use.

What did you amend the soil with?
What size pots are they in?
What nutrients are you feeding?
You know how many hours of direct sun they get?

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
those plants will flip themselves in early Aug, no need to intervene. good luck with your first grow!

The Patio Plus is awesome soil and its cheap, same stuff i use.

What did you amend the soil with?

The list is long and distinguished - 8 large bags high quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and myco

25 lb of organic worm castings
1.25lb Fish bone meal
1.25lb bone meal
2.5lb blood meal
2.5lb bat guano (bloom)
1.5 cups oyster shell
1.5 cups kelp meal
1.5 cups alfalfa meal
3/8 cup epsom salt
2 cups azomite
2Tbsp myco

What nutrients are you feeding?

See above. Right now, it's mostly blood meal and worm castings, as a topcoat. I also add compost tea every couple weeks.

You know how many hours of direct sun they get?

Roughly eight hours of direct with another four hours of supplemental LED (300W equivalent) from 2000 to 2400. Little supplemental in the morning on the plants that get a little more shade.

More photos from today!Whaddya think?

Da house!!!
2WoeTWC.jpg

Growing like WEEEEEEDS!!!
EIqCtVP.jpg

My late bloomer is catching up but he'll never catch...
LqoBw9P.jpg

The Ox (John Entwistle)
dqG1elJ.jpg

PETE!!!
uiA9iys.jpg

Lathus

Dude they are looking awesome keep up the good work. You've clearly put some time and thought into it and its showing!

Man, once I made the decision to do this, I read until it felt like my eyes would fall out. I pestered everyone I could think of who might have information I could use. I am lucky in that my sister is a master gardener. Her help and encouragement has been invaluable. No question too stupid.

I'll have more pix soon.

Lathus

Man, once I made the decision to do this, I read until it felt like my eyes would fall out. I pestered everyone I could think of who might have information I could use. I am lucky in that my sister is a master gardener. Her help and encouragement has been invaluable. No question too stupid.

I'll have more pix soon.

You see ppl like yo and I are the ones that turn into those master growers. I started growing about 5 yrs ago for real. I have grown a couple her and there long before that. I haven't stopped reading ever. I'm currently reading into the chemistry behind certain things and why what note does what. Keep it up bro! Also I'm starting a diary soon you can check it out this year is not so good but its something.

You see ppl like yo and I are the ones that turn into those master growers. I started growing about 5 yrs ago for real. I have grown a couple her and there long before that. I haven't stopped reading ever. I'm currently reading into the chemistry behind certain things and why what note does what. Keep it up bro! Also I'm starting a diary soon you can check it out this year is not so good but its something.

I can't express how important it is to swallow your ego and learn from the mistakes of others. Be smart enough to anticipate your own mistakes. I learned so much just because I dug in and read. I've watched a few videos but most of them are narrated by stoner bros and I just can't stand them. I look at the ones with closed captioning so I don't have to listen to them. I'ver looked at a few Cervantes videos. His are better but it takes too long. I can read stuff, and re-read it (For greater comprehension, I'm an autodidact) on my iPad while I just sit outside, looking at my girls, trying to anticipate their needs tomorrow. ALways good to be in front of the grow cycle. :)

Lol Nice man. They have a very nice dark green to them. Clearly being taken care of

A commercial grower I know (CA Prop 215) is growing some KK and he also remarked on the dark green of the leaves. I'm a first-timer so I don't really have a frame of reference. Other strains DON'T make dark green leaves? ;) I have one sativa the clone vendor threw in for free, and its leaves are lighter. KK has very dark green fan leaves.

OK, boys and girls, homey has a question: What are the nutrients that are considered flowering nutrients? Not bottles, soil amendments. I know alfalfa meal and I know bone meal. What else is there?