What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Have CHS (Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome?) Use Anti-Histamines and Report

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The "study" is more of the same, dealing with non-hyper/dynamic accumulator plants. (Plants aren't even used in the study except 'surfaces') Nothing new there. Soil and plant 'surfaces' aren't going to cut it here, we're talking inside the plant. The stuff is foul, there's no question "It's In There" and anyone can tell the difference when they know what to look for.
and here is what you are required to do:

Additionally, all incidents of hypersensitivity (including both suspected and confirmed incidents) must be reported to the Agency under the provisions of 40 CFR Part 158.2050(d).
This was rather interesting though, much appreciate you posting it. I seem to have missed this part and will do so immediately. (since it's regarding cannabis, I'm expecting less than ideal response)
:tiphat: Thanks! :D

Douglas.Curtis

Looked up [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]40 CFR Part 158.2050(d). The reporting is to be done while the material in question is under study. I'll still report it though, for what it's worth.

Ty again.
[/FONT]

Go to your local university/college, present your observations to the research coordinator in the Chemistry and/or Pharmacology/Toxicology Departments. Cannabis research on the negatives is usually headline news and any struggling researcher will hop on board. They can easily collect samples from local dispersaries/farmers and analyze for azadiractin before and after combustion. Paired with a well written and formulated consumer questionnaire, this would prove or disprove your hypothesis.

Other variables need to be considered though, including the consumers activity level, stress levels, diet, other illnesses, nicotine and alcohol intake, etc, etc.

Douglas.Curtis

Excellent suggestion. Thank You.
As soon as I'm able to focus on something other than survival, I'll be making it a priority. :)

ozzieAI

Veteran
Take my advice and avoid using unrefined neem oil, neem seed meal and azadirachtin in your plants. You'll be helping a lot of people be healthier because of it. Whether your reaction to it is high, like mine, or low like my wife's and a lot of folks I ran into in Colorado, it's still affecting people daily without their knowledge.

well i must be special then as i use neem oil extensively: in general gardening, as a skin conditioner, as a insect repellent for me and my plants...and only use neem treated cannabis i grow that has been foliar sprayed and has had oil soil drenches...

wheres my CHS?

i help out a couple of friends who have poor health (cancer) with cannabis...

wheres their CHS??

other growers using aza...

wheres their CHS???

neem has been used for over 4000 years....and only now we have CHS caused by it????

if your aim is to help others then you are doing them a disservice by harping on about this...

anyway time to stop feeding the troll...

adios...

Floridian

Veteran
Damn bro I've never met an actual neemaholic before.They have NA meetings for that you know lol.Just kidding of course but NA was just such a natural fit

Douglas.Curtis

well i must be special then as i use neem oil extensively: in general gardening, as a skin conditioner, as a insect repellent for me and my plants...and only use neem treated cannabis i grow that has been foliar sprayed and has had oil soil drenches...

wheres my CHS?

wheres their CHS??

wheres their CHS???

neem has been used for over 4000 years....and only now we have CHS caused by it????

if your aim is to help others then you are doing them a disservice by harping on about this...

adios...
Your inability to comprehend what I'm posting is not my issue. Please do as you see fit. Should you happen to come across someone with CHS, have them use some anti-histamines and report it here.

It will be greatly appreciated. :tiphat:

Bobby Boucher

wheres my CHS?

wheres their CHS??

wheres their CHS???

adios...

Shit.. I accidentally hit the like button instead of the quote button.. LOL!! Dabbed out.. but yea bro.. Even if the symptoms are psychosomatic, the pain and discomfort are still real. I know.. it's the internet.. and there are lots of folks crying for attention.. but I don't know what could possibly so surprising about a small percentage of people having an adverse reaction to neem oil. Some people are allergic to water, sunlight, etc..

I understand that pesticides are a necessary evil for mass outdoor production of any crop, especially one as valuable as MJ. I'm not saying people shouldn't use them. I simply don't understand the skepticism, or the negativity for that matter.

Bobby it wouldnt be surprising IF its proven true. At this point, its a speculative hunch(hypothesis) by a fellow member on a grow site. To believe it on that alone would be what's called confirmation bias.

The problem is that many who read threads like this will not comprehend that this is speculation and will take it as fact. They can then spread the unproven information as truth, which leads to alot of the antiscience that exists today.

When speculation seems plausible enough, people will choose to believe it over proven fact. This is what allows flat-earthers, Scientologists, antivaxxers, and chemtrail conspiricists to flourish.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Bobby it wouldnt be surprising IF its proven true. At this point, its a speculative hunch(hypothesis) by a fellow member on a grow site. To believe it on that alone would be what's called confirmation bias.

The problem is that many who read threads like this will not comprehend that this is speculation and will take it as fact. They can then spread the unproven information as truth, which leads to alot of the antiscience that exists today.

When speculation seems plausible enough, people will choose to believe it over proven fact. This is what allows flat-earthers, Scientologists, antivaxxers, and chemtrail conspiricists to flourish.
I've been dealing with this for over 10 years, and so have a lot of others. The only speculation on my part is that some cases are NOT connected with Aza and there may be something about cannabis itself which affects an even smaller percentage of the population. Plausible, but within the statistical realm of error.

Would really be nice if folks would respect the request and keep all this speculation to the other aza threads. This one is for data collection by those who've suffered from it and have used anti-histamines to combat it.

:tiphat: Thanks!

Bobby Boucher

The problem is that many who read threads like this will not comprehend that this is speculation and will take it as fact.

I've suffered in ways which I've never suffered before while consuming heavy doses of outdoor edibles on a daily basis, and even I can't tell you with any kind of real certainty that I suffer from CHS.

What I can tell you is that it was one of the most rotten experiences of my life and that the symptoms subsided when I stopped eating those edibles, and haven't come back. That's about all I can share, and I feel like it would be a disservice to the community NOT to share my experience. I had to be walked like I was 100 years old, hand in hand, step by step. I threw up every morning for weeks. I didn't stop to think for a minute about the fact that it could be a reaction to something I was consuming, so naturally I kept on consuming, and things just kept getting progressively worse until the batch was gone. I just thought I was f'n dying.

I'm not a doctor, but I hear too many stories popping up just like mine to brush is off as a bunch of hypochondriacs and misdiagnosis. All the symptoms fit to the T.

I meant No disrespect to either the OP Douglas Curtiss or Bobby Boucher. I don't deny your personal experiences and my intent was not to try to lessen the impact. I also do not deny cannabis hyperemesis and it's debilitating nature for those who experience it.

What I do not think can be said with certainty is that Azadiractin(Neem products) causing the majority of this condition. I also may be dead wrong or the truth could be somewhere between the two.

My main point was to point out why it's important to be skeptical without strong peer reviewed and rigorously tested proof of a given hypothesis.

Leaving a place open like this for people to give there anecdotal experiences and observations is very important. It leads to the hypothesis which leads to testing anf definitive results. The results just have to be repeated by others and then publicly peer reviewed.

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

I personally tested it twice, over a year apart. I grow super clean, used multiple genetics and multiple treatment types, with controls for each genetic used. All tested plants were tested at the same time, under the exact same grow conditions each time.

Zero doubt the issues I've had are from azadirachtin. That, along with the severity of my reaction and what I've observed in others to the same or a lesser degree, is sufficient proof for me to continue to press the issue. In time, my efforts will be vindicated.

:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts