What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Selassie's Selections

Figured since I'm new here I should show off a few of my favorite ladies. Everything in my garden is cultivated organically with richly amended soil

The White x 88 G13/HP
IMG_6701.jpg

Northern Lights 5
IMG_7088.jpg

Blockhead
IMG_6707.jpg

Legend OG
IMG_6714.jpg

I'm not sure why all my photos orient themselves in such a manner. Maybe someone can clue me in to what I'm doing or not doing to get the proper orientation.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Welcome.

I too have had problems with tilted pics on the forums.
Sometimes it happens when i email my pics to my email. Sometimes it happens during the upload.

I installed some pic resize apps that allow me to rotate.

3rd-3yed

Veteran
Love the fade, plants are beautifull when flushed like that!

Is your NL#5 the old pnw clone only or the seed version from Dr Atomic?

The White x 88' Ghash is from Hazeman I guess...

Are your Sensi NL#5 x NL#2 the old or new version?

Welcome.

I too have had problems with tilted pics on the forums.
Sometimes it happens when i email my pics to my email. Sometimes it happens during the upload.

I installed some pic resize apps that allow me to rotate.

Ah ok that makes sense, I'll see what I can do. Good to see you over here!

U have some real nice girls there...

Thank you :)

Love the fade, plants are beautifull when flushed like that!

Is your NL#5 the old pnw clone only or the seed version from Dr Atomic?

The White x 88' Ghash is from Hazeman I guess...

Are your Sensi NL#5 x NL#2 the old or new version?

Thanks man, I always shoot for a good fade, but not always easy when running a plant for the first time.
The NL5 is an old old clone my homie shared with me, which he sourced from a buddy in N.Cal. She's a special lady indeed, easily on par with my favorite OGs.

White Ghash seeds were testers from homie Trefarmer at Sub Rosa Gardens.

The 5x2 is from old stock, 89-91 most likely. A old school friend liked my NL5 so much, he gave me these old seeds to make an NL line with.

C1 Haze x Super Silver Haze selected from Cannarado seeds
IMG_9377.jpg

African Haze. Selected from Top Dawg seeds. Awesome marinated meat aroma
IMG_9373.jpg

Ghost OG
IMG_9374.jpg
IMG_9375.jpg
IMG_9376.jpg

Kush_Kloud

Amazing looking NL#5 Highly Selassie! Nice score on the old school Northern Lights genetics. Will you be summiting DNA samples of your NL#5 and NL#5 x NL#2 in to the Phylos Galaxy? I would be interested to see what modern hybrids are related or unrelated to these strains. I also would like to know if your NL#5 clone is from the same U.S. NL#5 clone that Neville picked up from the PNW or if it is from the same NL#5 clone that Neville found in the NL#5 seed line. Your truly lucky to have the NL#5 clone and NL#5 x NL#2 please don't be asleep on these gems and preserve them for future generations. Considering what Neville said a while back

"Northern Lights, especially NL5, was the cornerstone of the indoor growing industry. By putting NL5x2 out there, I was giving the game away. I thought hard about this and I had to decide on what was best for me or what was best for everyone else. I decided that what was best for everyone would ultimately be best for me.
I needn't have worried. Everyone was asleep."
N.

Good luck on your projects! :)

KK

Eventually the NL stuff will be submitted for sequencing, I'm equally curious to see just how many strains and cultivars have the NL5 influence.

I definitely am not sleeping on these genetics. Made 5x(5x2) and (5x2)f2, and some others. Thanks for the well wishes.

Amazing looking NL#5 Highly Selassie! Nice score on the old school Northern Lights genetics. Will you be summiting DNA samples of your NL#5 and NL#5 x NL#2 in to the Phylos Galaxy? I would be interested to see what modern hybrids are related or unrelated to these strains. I also would like to know if your NL#5 clone is from the same U.S. NL#5 clone that Neville picked up from the PNW or if it is from the same NL#5 clone that Neville found in the NL#5 seed line. Your truly lucky to have the NL#5 clone and NL#5 x NL#2 please don't be asleep on these gems and preserve them for future generations. Considering what Neville said a while back

"Northern Lights, especially NL5, was the cornerstone of the indoor growing industry. By putting NL5x2 out there, I was giving the game away. I thought hard about this and I had to decide on what was best for me or what was best for everyone else. I decided that what was best for everyone would ultimately be best for me.
I needn't have worried. Everyone was asleep."
N.

Good luck on your projects! :)

KK

As a research project I crossed a selected Scotts OG male to my favorite Destroyer cut and searched out a few females. Destroyer dominated everything. Out of 12 seeds I got only one OG type, it was male and discarded. On the other hand I got 8 females to select from, which I'm just beginning to trim, so pictures will follow.

Here's a contender as a favorite, though competition is stiff. Other phenos took on a Haze look, but this one is basically a beefed up Destroyer, with exceptional resin development and much sturdier frame than the mother.

IMG_9169.jpg

IMG_9171.jpg

IMG_9197.jpg

Smaller bud is Destroyer, bigger bud is the hybrid
IMG_9415.jpg

IMG_9416.jpg

everything lookin good! cannarado brings the heat! i grew out a few of his 97 ssh f2's 1.5 years ago and it took me back:)

everything lookin good! cannarado brings the heat! i grew out a few of his 97 ssh f2's 1.5 years ago and it took me back:)

I enjoyed it for sure, smell and flavor of classic Haze, but the high didn't quite have enough power for my preferences.

Any new picture updates on your NL#5 x NL#2 and NL#5 x NL#2 crosses Highly Selassie?
KK
Not yet, just popped the first 50 NL5x(5x2) seeds, they should break ground over the next couple days