What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tangerine kush DWC scrog

Wish me luck getting testing done on my bho(residual solvent and potency) and flower (terpene and potency). Time to see what the numbers look like.

Got the shatter results in. I'll post full results with flower results which I should have Monday. The potency came in at 75.19% thc and residual solvent came in at 848.74ppm butane. This was only actively purged for 45 minutes. So looks like I'll have to add an additional step that includes a longer purge under full vac at lower temp over night. All in all this is a step in the right direction that will help in the dialing in of my process. Fyi the state cut off for commercial residual solvent is 800ppm, so i was pretty damn close. I'm stoked to finally see some real numbers I can work with!

Last edited:
Annything worth doing is seldom easy ha ha. Anyhow just got done with a run. Active purge is done. Going to purge for 24 hours at 100°F for 24 hours. Weighed after blasting and before purge.

Starting plant material:
4 oz tangerine kush-
2.13 oz "A" grade nugs
1.83 oz "B" grade nugs

Weight after blasting and before purge:
20.8 grams.

Percent of yield before purge:
18.34%

Observations:
The smell is fantastic. The consistency leads me to believe it will be some light Amber shatter that is just as clear as the last batch. This was done with dried and cured material that was frozen. Butane was frozen as well. I'll probably get this batch tested as well to see how much effect the 24 hour purge has on the ppm. I'll also run the material a second time. I gave this one a super loose pack to see how it would do. Also worth noting that I used 2 855ml cans of butane in this extraction.

Any questions?

gh0stm0de

Hey FF.. I am very curious if you perceive any variation in quality in end product between fresh frozen and dried and cured source material?

Very interested to see what that extra purge did for your residual solvent #s.

I always packed fairly tightly, did you feel the loose pack to be an improvement on the process?

The loose pack was too loose. I won't repeat it. The extended purge turned a good portion of it to a hard wax. The terps are definitely demolished. The color also darkened a fair bit. Other than that I wound up with a portion that is the a stable Amber shatter. I'm honestly surprised that it waxed up as much as it did.

Still waiting on flower results, so here is the bho results for my first ever concentrates test.
picture.php

QAll in all this grow was a resounding success. Tangerine kush was a treat for all who had a chance to try her. My current grow has one in it along with 3 c99. Surprisingly the tangerine kush is developing buds just as fast as c99 and is developing tricomes faster than anything else in the tent. Where the c99 has the edge is in stem strength. The tangerine kush is doing it's typical lanky stems with weak structure. I'm pondering the idea of doing some breeding with her and c99 and looking for a stronger growth structure with the same resin production. If everything works out with the new house I'm buying, I might be starting a 500 sq ft cultivation facility. The only obstacle is getting the company I work for to agree it's ok. No company policy on the books yet, and I gotta deal with corporate HR department for clearance. It's some exciting times! Oh and I got seeds from dark horse genetics (hulk smash and strawberry glue) and relentless genetics orange glue on the way. Time to see if gg#4 crosses are worth the premium price!