What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tracking, tracing and origin validating every legal pot plant. Coming to your city?

shaggyballs

Veteran
Every grower, wholesaler, transporter, and retail store will need a dual state-local license by 2018. In contrast to most counties in California, Humboldt is positioning itself as the state’s legal pot bowl — with cultivator-friendly regulations and engaged officials working to daylight the decades-old underground economy.

Humboldt is trying encrypted tax stamps, “which have been successfully used by the California Board of Equalization for tobacco control since 2005” which “fight counterfeiting and allow for data collection and business intelligence, enabling local agencies and licensed operators to communicate with dispensaries.”

After a cultivator harvests and packages their crop, they apply a traceable, counterfeit-resistant stamp to the packaging. The stamp includes a QR code and unique stamp number that is coded with information about the product, including size, strain, grower and more. As the package goes through the supply chain—from cultivator to manufacturer to distributor to dispensary—the stamps are scanned by each licensee so they can be tracked until the product is sold to a patient.

Patients can use the stamps in conjunction with a free smartphone app, which will be available when the program launches, or via the website humboldtorigin.org to make sure a product is authentic, retrieve product and provenance information, see test results and more (for example, were any pesticides used, is the grower Clean Green or do they follow organic principles, and so on),” Humboldt County states.
This July, Humboldt County officially permitted its first mega-grow of nearly seven acres of cultivation area, including fields and greenhouses for Honeydew Farms, LLC.
Growers without a local license will be subject to law enforcement raids.

http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth/files/2016/07/humbolt-county-track-and-trace-logo-600x257.jpeg
World pot-growing heartland Humboldt County’s official new encrypted tax stamp.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Added costs to reduce damage to the patient from the greed of the grower.

This is why every state needs legislation allowing home growing for recreational purposes. Fight for it in your state today.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You must be kidding D.C.

The growers aren't the ones taking it to the bank... Greed comes once the grower relinquishes the gear to the middle man that does practically nothing & doubles the cost of product to consumers.

This market is still very much dictated by supply & demand. That's made obvious through the price fluctuations through the seasons.

Testing product that hits store shelves is just about the only thing necessary to protect the public at large. Everything else is just a money grab by players that dont belong in the game.

Wendull C.

Veteran
I wonder about all those who speak of these greedy growers? How many true growers have they met? You can't count closets either...

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
What's with all these licenses and permits?! Well, the black market will thrive once again. A lot of folks I know up north aren't gonna do any of this shit lol...

OP

Douglas.Curtis

I wonder about all those who speak of these greedy growers? How many true growers have they met? You can't count closets either...
Plenty, and sampled the (lack of) quality from a large number of dispensaries and street sources. Those who care, produce good quality of which there is zero need for quality control. They do it themselves.

Those in it simply for money care nothing for what their product does to the end consumer. These are the growers this type of legislation is created for.

III%

Plenty, and sampled the (lack of) quality from a large number of dispensaries and street sources. Those who care, produce good quality of which there is zero need for quality control. They do it themselves.

Those in it simply for money care nothing for what their product does to the end consumer. These are the growers this type of legislation is created for.

I like this post, very true.

I'm 100% chemical free, I have never found the need to use chemicals ever.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like this post, very true.

I'm 100% chemical free, I have never found the need to use chemicals ever.

What's that gotta do with anything?

Lack of chemicals has absolutely nothing to do with how clean your grow is!

Douglas.Curtis

Lack of chemical/organic pesticides is. Cannabis is veeeery good at sucking up and retaining things you put in/on it. Time and time again, studies have shown cannabis contaminated with junk long after 'labels' say it should still be around.

I use safers 3-in-1 and/or iso/water in veg, possibly bt bits for a gnat issue. Nothing in flower, ever. The cleanest cannabis is cannabis with nothing on/in it but nutrients being actively converted to new growth. ;)

III%

No pesticides, , no fungicide, no herbicide, no residues, no residual crap from anything.

I'd say no chemicals has a lot to do with how clean your grow is.

I know so many idiots that have no pest strips hanging in their grow space.

What else would define a "clean grow" besides the complete lack of chemcials? Chemicals is what everyone is concerned with.

I can instantly taste the difference in chemically grown weed after a decade of smoking only organic.

Alot of people will say of I only use that in veg, when talking about a systemic pesticide with a half life of 200 days. That's not clean.

Jhhnn

Veteran

Agreed. One of the more interesting things about encrypted tax stamps is branding & how that affects marketing & packaging. Product will arrive on the shelves in sealed packages so that consumers can scan the stamp with their smartphone & have confidence in what they're buying.

Seven acre mega grow? You ain't seen nuthin' yet.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No pesticides, , no fungicide, no herbicide, no residues, no residual crap from anything.

I'd say no chemicals has a lot to do with how clean your grow is.

I know so many idiots that have no pest strips hanging in their grow space.

What else would define a "clean grow" besides the complete lack of chemcials? Chemicals is what everyone is concerned with.

I can instantly taste the difference in chemically grown weed after a decade of smoking only organic.

Alot of people will say of I only use that in veg, when talking about a systemic pesticide with a half life of 200 days. That's not clean.

I said what I said because I knew exactly where your head was at when you said what you said.

This is NOT an organic v chem debate.
Organics has the potential to cause just as much, if not more, harm to folks & their customers/patients when they are misused. If for no other reason than a lot of purely organic folks believe their crops cannot be contaminated w nasty shit.

My policy is to never spray my plants with anything other than rain & try like hell to maintain a proper growing environment.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I can't agree with this last paragraph.
While some growers may not care about their product, I'd wager that most do. Folk that don't care loose business to those that do.
Consumers that don't care are a bigger issue, imo, because they support the growers that share their feelings.

III%

My policy is to never spray my plants with anything other than rain & try like hell to maintain a proper growing environment.

Ok...so where is the argument? Or do you just like to argue for the sake of argueing?

Non organic grows can utilize nasty shit the grower may not even know is there, which would be absorbed by the plant. In turn giving you an unclean product.

Just look at the recent thread about rock resonator being banned in oregon for containing pesticide.

Or look how many people used to use bush master until they all realized it had horrible ingredients.

IMO the only way to have a clean grow is to grown organically.

Unless you are the very well informed chem grower that actually researches the products you use.

Or how many med grade growers have nonpest strips hanging in their grow?

I have never met a chem grower that knows their fertilizers to the extend most organic growers do. Most chem growers are enchanted by cool labels and lots of bro hype on instagram.

Last edited:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Here we go.
duel.gif

EDIT:
My money is on the red guy.

Douglas.Curtis

I can't agree with this last paragraph.
While some growers may not care about their product, I'd wager that most do. Folk that don't care loose business to those that do.
Consumers that don't care are a bigger issue, imo, because they support the growers that share their feelings.
Correct, I should have clarified it as "those who are *only* in it for the money." :)

Currently, the public is so ignorant almost anyone can grow garbage and still turn a profit. Those days are dwindling though.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Adding "only" changes nothing.

As those of us who overproduce for our own needs share our first class product with our friends & they share with their friends...
The days of being able to move shit are limited.

Tiz an excellent thing.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok...so where is the argument? Or do you just like to argue for the sake of argueing?

Non organic grows can utilize nasty shit the grower may not even know is there, which would be absorbed by the plant. In turn giving you an unclean product.

Just look at the recent thread about rock resonator being banned in oregon for containing pesticide.

Or look how many people used to use bush master until they all realized it had horrible ingredients.

Unless you are the very well informed chem grower that actually researches the products you use.

I have never met a chem grower that knows their fertilizers to the extend most organic growers do. Most chem growers are enchanted by cool labels and lots of bro hype on instagram.

Can you not see where YOU began the organic v chem debate?

I bolded it so it would be obvious to you!

III%

Can you not see where YOU began the organic v chem debate?

I bolded it so it would be obvious to you!

Well I was stating an obvious fact, there is no debate.

You came along with your off the wall argumentative comment with no substance and I just replied with why it is the way it is.

You can argue til you're blue in the face, I am right the only truly clean product generally comes from organic gardens.

shaggyballs

Veteran
OFF topic!

OFF topic!

Topic:
Tracking, tracing and origin validating every legal pot plant. Coming to your city?
Let us please stick to the subject!