What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heliospectra LX601C LED Grow Light Diary

Megaprop

if your wondering what the white thing is over the probe thats a kind of sun hat i fashioned out of some cardboard as the probe is really sensitive and picks up radiant heat from being directly under the lamp without this i arrived back to hear the outtake fan working its little electronic balls off to get temps down but the leaf surface temp was bang on so i needed to do this to increase my accuracy in my atmosphere.

Megaprop

updated pics to come today of my modifications iv added a bubbling system to the wilma to oxygenate the res i will also be adding a second pump inside to push the water around to help mix nutrients, combat coagulation and push all that good oxygen around that my roots are going to thrive from a good root system is important to any plant and if we are going to create some monsters then this is just as important they are growing quite fast now so i have decided to FIM them as they appeared to shooting straight up towards the light and i wanted to encourage the side branches to bush out as my intention is to SCROG id like to point out that this is mainly due to the strain which is difficult to control as it does have tendencies to grow straight upwards. pics to follow! happy growing!

Megaprop

so i did fim the girls and like always they went into shock and stunted for approx 4 days but they are now back in full swing desired affect has been achieved they had all forgot where there apex is and had started to push there lower branches upwards so for now mission accomplished but the plants are still not as bushy as i would like them to be.

Megaprop

prior to fimming as i type this iv just realized i have forgotten to take new pictures of fimmed beauty's so i will do that at some point tonight they are atleast 2 foot high now so i may also flip them to flower as the strain is typically leggy as it is.

Megaprop

hello everyone! sorry its taken a while to get pictures up i wanted the girls to recover from being fimmed first before posting fresh pictures as it did stress them out a little bit but i combated this and i am pleased to say they are fighting fit again as you can see i have put up a loose net for now to feed the resulting extra branches through to encourage a better spread within the area once i have achieved this i am going to flip them and possibly look at a second tight net to add support once i let them go upwards.

Megaprop

also on a side note not sure if iv already mentioned this but i did have to turn the heliospectra down by 200nm per spectrum due to the fact that it was bleaching the leaves now im not 100 percent certain if this was down to me hanging it too close or if it is genuinely that strong but i did download the light recipe from the heliospectra website which id image is designed for the big pharma grows in the states so it could be more to do with then anything. so just a heads up if you get one of these bad boys make sure you tweak it to your specific set up! also if anyone has any feedback on keeping BRIX content at optimum levels im all ears as i have been looking into various ways.

Megaprop

Hi everyone! sorry iv been away for a short while i have been really struggling to tackle the chlorosis everytime i think i have cleared it it manages to creep its way back up the plant within a few days for this reason i am reluctant to flip over to flower as i would like the plants to be in full health hence the reason i have not posted any pictures please bare with me whilst i try to sort this problem out but just as soon as i get some juicy buds on my stems i will return with more pictures thanks for your patience..

Megaprop

he everybody! so i have now opted to flip the girls to 12/12 i think it will be interesting to see what kind of yield the helio can produce even from plants affected by chlorosis which has unfortunately plagued me from day one the moonshine did a world of good but once it clears up the lower stems just cannot forget about it and it manages to push its way up again so im just going to leave it up to the light which (in my opinion) is the best light money can buy at present so stay posted pictures will be arriving soon the strain (lsd) is a huge lady as it is so the growth hasn't been affected too much so we shall see how she fairs from here on the scrog net is still more or less full so mission accomplished... almost

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi everyone! sorry iv been away for a short while i have been really struggling to tackle the chlorosis everytime i think i have cleared it it manages to creep its way back up the plant within a few days for this reason i am reluctant to flip over to flower as i would like the plants to be in full health hence the reason i have not posted any pictures please bare with me whilst i try to sort this problem out but just as soon as i get some juicy buds on my stems i will return with more pictures thanks for your patience..

If your method is hydro check your pH pen- they do go bad- slowly - screwing up readings. Much above 6.4 and micros will lock out/up

Check out NPK YT videos

Megaprop

hi there thanks for your message tbh iv had a few issues that i am just getting sorted but im starting to see that the helio really is worth its money it backs up what it says it does in terms of quality of the buds they are just coming through now with some of the best smells i have ever witnessed for the stage they are at the yield question you are bound to ask next is yet to be discovered but ill be posting pictures no matter what

Latest posts

Latest posts