What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hash Oil, Ecigarettes and You!- A Recipe for stable emulsification of BHO.

omgomg

i need to pick up some acetone and make some oil. im far too lazy to do this shatter and the vacuum way u guys are talking about.. although i do get yellow oil so i guess its not half bad eh?

omgomg

This "tek" works great, honestly, the pg oil I have is so rocking potent it is silly. But one of the most important things I cannot stress enough is this will NOT get you high in your Blu, or other 2.5v or less dinky unit made to look like a cigarette.

You NEED either a 3.7 low resistance atomizer and unit (JOYe EGO with low resistance 510 atomizer will do). *

alright the 1.5ohm carts work on a blu cart. however, i haven't tried it with hash oil or a mix yet as i haven't made any oil but I have tried it with some eliquid and it vapes just fine.

I'm going to get some 1.25 ohm carts and try those out because based on my calculations 1.25 will be a much better vape for hash oils due to it being higher a higher temp ( and thats what we want due to thc vaping at a high temp)... but I would have to test out to see if blu can handle 1.25 ohms

also, the reason I would probably add vg to my hash oil is due to thc irritates the mucus membranes and vg makes it a smoother vape ( with a side benefit/negative of more vapor exhaled). Hell, I even add it to my volcano and I am able to vape at 380f which makes me able to take deeper hits while still tasting the weed.

I learned that due to the fact of having a hookah and seeing as those temps get higher than 380f and I never cough due to the glycerin being on the tobacco.

so adding it makes vaping hash out of a blu cig more stealth imo unless you don't caugh to begin with lol.

does anyone have any 1.25 carts they could try it on because I don't have any on hand.

omgomg

I don't recommend 1.25's on anything higher than 3.75 volts but a its a fact that the blu battery works from 3.3v to 4.2v and the average is 3.7 so the 1.25's would stimulate 6 volt vaping. the 1.25s would also compensate for the lower voltage when the blu battery is starting to get around 3.3-3.5 volts.

either today or tomorrow ill make some oil and try it on 1.5's and see if i get high.. but if what the op said true about it being potent around these temps because the wattage ( heat) generated would be the same. Also battery life isn't an issue if you have 2 blu batteries. hell, it shouldn't be an issue with one battery if you only need like 10 hits max to get high if op is right about that also.

I went ahead and bought the Ego-C Twist, there is a great thread at ******** by TheNewGuy on this unit. Id link it but im not sure what the rules are on that. Im still interested to find out if the Blu ECig would work?

FOAF Im going to try your mix, thanks for that!

I did the same thing. Thanks for the tip brother! Ego-C Twist, 3 LR atomizers, drip tip, and charger for less than 60 shipped. :groupwave:

FlipFlops

Yep $50 shipped at myvaporstore for everything mentioned above, I even found a coupon for myvaporstore. Those Kanger horizontal Atomizers im diggin!!

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i recently bought an ego 1000mah battery and using kanger t3's and the kanger protank. the ego runs at 4.2V when fully charged and the carts are 2.2 ohm and 2.4 ohm.

is this sufficient for vaping pure BHO?

i am also considering a provari. what do you all think of the provari?

GP73LPC

Veteran
i recently bought an ego 1000mah battery and using kanger t3's and the kanger protank. the ego runs at 4.2V when fully charged and the carts are 2.2 ohm and 2.4 ohm.

is this sufficient for vaping pure BHO?

i am also considering a provari. what do you all think of the provari?

bump :tiphat:

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks hammalamma,
it does read resistance on carts and displays it. don't think any other ecig does that.

it also tells you the charge left on the battery i believe.

don't know if those two things are worth the elevated price however.

bho ho

I've been experimenting a lot lately and it turns out you dont need the emulsions mentioned in the original post, because straight everclear/bho solutions work in ecig setups just fine. The emulsions program began because naturally people wanted to start with the ecig bases that were being widely used Glycerin/PG/and PEG-400 - and they aren't great solvents for hashoil.

Im mixing a gram of bho with 3 or 4 cc of everclear. Heat to 140 to mix and put it into any one of the tank type ecig cartridges. there are plenty of versions. this dual coil tank is working great for me as we speak. It has a replacable element too. any 510 battery is fine. It tastes delightful.

http://vapingzone.com/product-info.php?VZ_Nova2_Dual_Coil_Clearomizer_1_5ohm_-_2_5ml_-pid1073.html

Hey Foaf,
I tried using Everclear as my delivery method and was not to impressed. I was not happy w/ the Vapor it produced. The vapor was a little "pungent" as it tasted a like everclear. I think your comment of a martini was correct. *although i like a dirty martini

Process:
.3 gm shatter
1.75 mil/cc of 90 proof everclear
water bath @ 140 for 30 min (update: you don't need it to sit for 30min. just get it to 140 and your done)

Note: i made a mistake in that i let it sit in the bath for about 20 minutes and saw that the everclear was almost totally evaped so i added a little more and brought the temp back up to 140 to blend it. I then took that off the stove and dropped it in my cart.

Do you think this banged up my experiment by adding everclear back into it after it evaped? Any suggestions on how to make really good tasting oil that makes you think you are smoking shatter?

I usually just dab w/ my skillet or nail n globe but i want to create an viscous oil that will last longer and be better for travel and such as my shatter does not do well outside the fridge. Oh and it has to be a potent solution *demanding smiley face