What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need help identifying bugs/pests in growroom

jahjahcopter

Hi there,

I just discovered some bugs in my growroom and was wondering if someone could tel me what exactly they are.
Its a small 1,20m x 1,20 tent and there are 5 future motherplants in there which all lookreally healthy.
As you can see there are 2 different kinds and im rly worried about the spidet mite looking one.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG-20171112-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20171112-WA0005.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-20171112-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20171112-WA0004.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20171112-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20171112-WA0002.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 12

oldbootz

Veteran
Looks to me at first glance like fungus gnats and some type of aphids. It would be useful to know what general area in the world you live in.

Mogli

spider mite and fugs ... you need fast to go buy biological pesticide
the name of the mite you need to buy is "phytoseiulus persimilis " the best thing vs spider mite !!

first you got to take care to get rid of all the sipder mite ***SOON as POSSIBLE :(

about the black fugs there is manny ways to get rid of them .. base on NEEM OIL

hope thats hellp you ..

keep it green and keep grow !

jahjahcopter

Hi there,

Thanks for the help so far. I live in middle europe. I will read up on how to take care of spider mitea asap and try to deal with them.

jahjahcopter

Ok, i have sprayed them with neem as well as put some neem in their water so far. Also a friend of mine had so called 'lacewings'(im not sure if that translation is correct) lying around. Gonna put those in as well. Thanks for the hwlp so far ill keep u posted

oldbootz

Veteran
Spider mites are related to ticks and spiders and have 8 legs

This is a twin spotted spider mite, the most common type:
air-circulation-exhaust-tutorial-grow-weed-easy-extreme-close-up-of-the-two-spotted-spider-mite-tetranychus-urticae-a-marijuana_best-air-circulation-window_home-decor_home-decor-outlet-sincere-rustic-.jpg

This is red spider mite:
spider-mites1-400x266.jpg

After a bad infection and they are established they start to make webbing:
1.jpg

You dont have this...

This is a fungus gnat:
fungus-gnat-1.jpg

Looks like the first and second images you posted. In their larvae stage they can be damaging to the roots of your seedlings. In adult stage they are mostly just a nuisance. They are very easy to control with some diatomacious earth covering the tops of your pots (0.5 - 1cm layer), and feeding water and nutrients from the bottom rather, to let the top dry out.

Aphids can come in many colors and sizes, there are lots of different types of them. I'm not sure if the third pic is an aphid but thats my guess. Just hope that they are not root aphids which are terrible.
plaga-pulgon.jpg

jahjahcopter

Hey, thanks for the info so far. I wasnt all that worried about the fungus gnat, i have had them for a couple of times and they never did any real damage

Im much more worried about the spider mitw looking one. Ill include more photos so maybe it will be easier to tell what they are. Oh and on the plants itself there isnt a single bug. Its all just on side of the pots and on the surface of the soil.

Thanks alot for all the help

Attachments

• IMG-20171113-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20171113-WA0008.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20171113-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20171113-WA0001.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-20171113-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20171113-WA0002.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20171113-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20171113-WA0003.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20171113-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20171113-WA0004.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 13

oldbootz

Veteran
that second pic looks a bit worrying as I do count 8 legs, the other it looks like 6 legs.

EDIT: actually I looked again and it could just be some fluff not an extra leg in the front. I think its 6 legs.

Mogli

feel so sad for you bro .. in my opinion the only thing that can hellp you now its "Phytoseiulus persimilis" like 4k of them