Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Canít identify pest/problem

Thread Title Search
Canít identify pest/problem Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2018, 08:19 PM #1
Poison1vy

Poison1vy is on a distinguished road
Angry Canít identify pest/problem

Hello, will appreciate any insight or tips but Iím fairly new to growing and been humbled by a few obstacles in my short lived experience. Ive had to break out the black trash bags twice due to spider mites and PM itís not worth it to save a flowering crop IMO who wants to smoke that crap.
To the problem, Iíve recently become aware of thrips and what to look for, I never noticed or thought anything of it till a friend pointed out a small tan brownish scale/barnacle on the stems. Iíve sprayed and havenít seen any trace since. Scraping it off with a fingernail you can notice where the stem is bruised and been tapped for nutrients..... ok with that said I move onto my clones, healthy green when in the dome, rooting in 10 days.... transplant to 1 gallons and a day later donít look so happy.
Upon inspection I noticed purple dots almost like eggs on the main stalks and can tell the purple has entered the stem and it rots the stem from that point up.
To overcome Ive simply topped the clones and gotten rid of the infected parts.. are these thrips just in a different stage?? No purple spots on my mature established plants/mothers
Iíve scoured the internet trying to identify this issue and no avail.
WHAT IS THIS?! Thanks
IMG_1685.HEIC
Poison1vy is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2018, 08:25 PM #2
Poison1vy

New to using a forum, not sure how to post a pic. It’s not just copy paste

Old 03-15-2018, 08:44 PM #3
Poison1vy

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=44 9700&stc=1&d=1521142983
That work?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	46BF26C8-7915-4732-91F0-FCDAC98E9AE7.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	449700

Old 03-15-2018, 09:27 PM #4
CareStaker

CareStaker has a spectacular aura aboutCareStaker has a spectacular aura aboutCareStaker has a spectacular aura aboutCareStaker has a spectacular aura about
Never give up. PM and bugs are part of the equation, and there are safe ways to get them to the finish line, that usually always sometimes work. Thrips are a one to two spray thing, with spinosad. They are not a threat to crops, unless mismanaged. PM, is a constant, but with best ventilation and cleaning practices followed, it rarely rears it's ugly head again. I can't really make out anything in the photo, doesn't look bad... keep em green.
CareStaker is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2018, 10:09 PM #5
Poison1vy

Bummer you can’t tell much from the pic . I already disposed of the bad parts to try and get a better one. Thanks for the reply , if I didn’t have problems what fun would that be?? It’s a journey of knowledge and tears. Like they say If it were easy....

I agree it’s hard to tell from the pic but anyone else give me a hint? Or seen such a thing... I’ve researched just about every pest and their eggs and where they are laid... I got nothing ...

Old 03-16-2018, 09:04 AM #6
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
Did you tried looking at the pests with a lupe or microscope? Then maybe you can describe them better or find similar ones in pictures.

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.
exploziv is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2018, 09:45 AM #7
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
If in doubt just use a little horticultural or insecticidal soap for starters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insecticidal_soap

Hopefully, that works.

Working on Something Sneaky
troutman is online now Quote

Old 03-16-2018, 03:54 PM #8
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Scale? It is very recognizable if you google a few pictures.
Mikell is online now Quote