What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THEIVES. Whole crop stolen

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Sorry to hear that, Capt. It's always a shock to go outside and see everything just gone like that. The first thing I would be thinking of is who did it....most times, it's someone you know...which makes it even worse.

Stay up, man.

HB.

Sad part is most thieves know nothing about the growing process so they steal them before the plants are ready....what a waste....wishing you some good karma for your "charitable donation" ...and some bad karma for the deuchebags....hopefully it molds on them because they don't know how to dry it properly and they are stupid enough to smoke it !!!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hate when that happens. Lessons learned....try a different mode next time. Big hungry dogs help.

Sorry to hear....and yeah, karma....even though we don't actually "see it", watch it on the trespassers....it comes back to them in some form or fashion.

soooo sorry!!!

soooo sorry!!!

Wow, what a horrible thing to wake up to! I feel sorry for any one that has to go through this experience. I had a friend move down to Cali to grow, just to be right back up a few months later, after the same thing happened to him.

It made me think of this show I saw on TV about watermelon growers. Apparently certain strains of watermelon were highly sought after back in the day, so much so thieves became a real issue. Farmers began putting poison on certain watermelons to help prevent there crops from being stolen. Of course this would back fire on occasion when entire families would die, because they couldn't remember which melons had gotten the poison.

Don't know if lacing certain plants with poison is a good idea, but would certainly make karma's job easier on the thieves.

What if there was a spray that would make the thief's skin glow after touching or smoking?

Sorry for your loss, best of luck for future grows!

lumberjack.mr

that sucks!

that sucks!

at least it wasn't a family member.. Sorry for your loss, I just had two outdoor plants growing and both got pulled .. I was so pissed I couldn't even speak to the perpetrator for three days ; & im married to her !:dance013: Out of sight, out of mind..

That Karma will come back around to rippers :moon: I hate a thief.

fatburt

go grow your own meds rippers!
they got me for 3+ lbs last year,i got 10+ this year with 8 camera surveillance system,motion detection....

sorry about your loss bro,you think you know who did it?

Had a neighbor swipe a plant from my back deck last year. I let all the neighbors know there was thievery afoot and let one or two know who I thought did it.
The suspected neighbor (one of the few homes being rented on my block) was GONE a few weeks later and now that house is owned by a nice young family who probably won't be snooping on my land.
Thieves hate publicity and people often steal what they know.

Anyway sorry to hear about your circumstance. Karma will catch them eventually, it always does.
The plant that got stolen from my deck, for example, was there in the first place because it was sickly. By the time my neighbor stole it, the thing was rife with mold. I wondered why he took the one and not the other two out there (they were just in 3gal pots)...my 140lb dog trying to break through the patio door might have had something to do with it :)

choom

@CaptnPlantit: I'm so sorry for your
loss, I know you probably don't want
to think about these things at the mo,
but whenever you're mentally ready
try to piece together anyone at all you
may have shown, friends EVEN family,
or if the plant is on a patch of land that
is visible.. it happens to everyone and
I'm still thankful to this day for my first
harvest ever being ripped off, it was
mainly my bedroom with a lavish glass
collection that was the main burn of it,
and one fat ass DJ Short's Blueberry
that was just cured enough to smoke.
I'm so glad it happened and I could cut
the goons out of my life (that hilariously
exposed themselves unintentionally of it).

@dabass2dark: They can't ribbon a stalk? LOL

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
That sucks. I managed to chop one MMJ before frost, so I am hoping to beat the rippers. They say that Karma will get the rippers and I hope so.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I never been ripped ..mostly cause I keep my mouth shut and my grows hidden...its usually someone you know or their friends.....good luck

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Don't know if lacing certain plants with poison is a good idea, but would certainly make karma's job easier on the thieves.

What if there was a spray that would make the thief's skin glow after touching or smoking?

c'mon guys, poison, really? In this day and age when we're trying to get marijuana legalized, what would a story like this do to public perception of cannabis growers?

You can call it Karma. I prefer, "Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord." It's always worked out for me.

Sorry for your loss, but poisoning the thieves is no solution, IMHO!

choom

@CaptnPlantit: stoned-trout just brought
up an extremely good point IMO, if you're
not sure if a friend or family member did
it, think about all of their friends and family.
You'd be surprised what a bit of Facebook
snooping could reveal to you, best of luck.

choom(0:

almost all of the time it was someone you told or some one that they told. either way. don't ever tell anyone you are growing. I find it best not to even let anyone know that you smoke.

when I was a kid I ripped a few plants that belonged to a friends parents. I later told them about it and apologized. they told me they were actually glad it got ripped because it was starting to stink pretty bad and they lived next to a park. but everytime I have ever had my shit ripped I always blamed it on that time that I ripped someone else.