What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nirvana Northern Lights

FIREGOD

Solid abuds, abundant crystal. Smell very mild fresh pot smell but not spectacular. Wanted to try it for years but never did till now. Had success with nirvana many times n nevee dissapointed. Taster is bland but pleasant... Very little smell. High srred to numb me out,,,,then turned to a long lasting head high with lots of mental activity!

FIREGOD

Head high is heavy but thought provoking. I like it for times when you want to get a nice buzz but dont want to feel jittery or obviously stoned....very nice mellow high profile but it doesnt feel lethargic like bcsc nl5. Im very satisfied! Nirvana ,,,once again is found legit!
This is a very good choice for pain me meds as well,,,,makes you feel comfortably numb with active mind and it has a pain relief effect! I have pain just go. I feel likeyou can still function tho,,,im not couchlocked which is a good thing! Overall,,,get it , keep it around as a classic ,,,it always rings the bell .
Great for breeding,,,its buds are transparent in breeding and nl usually takes on the unique qualities of the other parent! Would be great to keep around to tame a sativa dominant plant like diesel or jali

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Thanks for the smoke report FG. I had kinda forgotten about Nirvana but this might make me pick up another pack or two sometime from them, I really liked their White Widow.

FIREGOD

HEY NOOb,,,YEAH DO IT! its great to have especially as a breeding strain,,,northern lights adapts very well in crosses. nl by itself is nice to but not interesting enough for me . i got some dream goddess,diva,bubblegum,ak47,true blue n kali most in the works! nl is a keeper tho imo! nirvana is great,,,,you will get variation but i like that! i tell you what tho,,, sweet blue has something special,,, i can tell just by the veg smell! cant wait ti see that one! its got a spicy dankness!!! im at work right now n i smoked 5 hours ago n still feel the nl! just so-so on the taste end but really nice buzz! buds were all thick,,,,out of 10,,,8 were females ans had 1 super grower but it was a hermie but the reast were allright! OUT OF THE 8,,,2 REALLY SHINED!!! ,,,NOT BAD FOR 20 BUCKS!!!!
NO PICS THO BUT THERE ARE PLENTY OF PICS OF THIS STRAIN N THEY ALL LOOK LIKE MINE!

FIREGOD

PS,,,, SMELL IS INCREASING!!! I GIFTED A BUDDY A BUD N THAT IS SMELLING UP EVERYTHING,,,NOT REEKING BUT UNAVOIDABLE FRESH POT SMELL,,,A LITTLE LIKE STRONG HASH SMELL!!!! SMELLS RIGHT THRU THE BAG.... =D TASTE IS STILL NOTHING SPECIAL BUT THIS REVIEW WAS A NO CURE/ CANT WAIT REVIEW!!! NIRVANA AND GYPSY ARE GREAT!

yoss33

Veteran
I'm into sativas but what I like in Northern Lights (at least Nirvana's version) is that while I'm properly (and pleasantly indeed) stoned, it feels quite interesting in my head. Perhaps the indica I've liked the most. Strong and pleasant body with enough head not to be boring.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nirvana NL is a great solid strain thanks for the report! :respect:

FIREGOD

I LIKE NIRVANA STRAINS,,,CHEAP PRICE,,,GOOD GENETICS,,,remember,,,this guy used to work for positronics,,,,they were doin this shit a long time! the northern lights is a keeper.
It would be wise to save nl genes for breeding.
has any one tried aurora?

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
I fully support and thoroughly enjoy nirvana genetics. I find you can easily find something just as good as the overpriced seeds.

I have grown
ak
bubble
NL
Skunk(this was the only one I wasnt that impressed with)
White Rhino
And a couple others im forgetting.
And also have done a few "pricey" strains. So I do not want to hear "hey man grow real seeds then you wont ever buy nirvana". These are real seeds with 100% germination on well over 100 seeds from them.

My NL ended up being the perfect nighttime smoke, really chilled me out and I could fall asleep no problem. the best part was at the time I had AK for the wakeup/crazy high, bubble for the midday chillin, and NL for sleep. Little leafy though, but I wasnt as good at growin as I am now.

FIREGOD

new addition,,,,
bud is cured n stinks real good,,,,not much smell while growing but now i can smell it thru the bag. high lasted 5 1/2 -6 hours yesterday! probably longer but around that time i smoked more just to reset the buzz. quality buds indeed! the once bland smell is now replaced with a strong skunky smell but on the sweet side of skunky...like sweet skunky hashish! niiirvana is the shit!

Neuronaut

I got a pack of these to pop in a few months. I'm glad to see some positive reviews. What kind of yield did you get from them. Did they clone easily?

B

BlackEagle

i enjoy nirvana genetic too .its def good quality .oldschool but still good

wasnt northern lights poty?

Goyakla

Agree.... Nirv. is excellent and u can allways find a keeper there.. tried A.Indica.. what a stooooone, Nl.. same thing, WR.. maan u are floored,... snowwhite is as good as they come.. and their Afgh, too.. and all for 20$.. some vendors should take NOTICE with ther overprized stuff....u probably know whom im thinking about.....

All 4 Outdoor

Great yield and very strong stone with an up high more pronounced on the sativa leaning ones. One was a MONSTER yield, 3 oz from a 2 1/2 footer, vegged 4 weeks. Fattest buds I've seen. Fairly bland smoke taste wise but a lot more potent than pretty much anything else I've smoked, apart from their skunk no 1 which was just plain silly!

tosh.o

Nirvana has a very very good NL...hell in my grow room its outperformed many top quality MNS/Shantibaba hybrids for 5x the price