What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10 watt LED - 8 feet away - enough to maintain Light Cycle ?

St. Phatty

I moved some clones from the indoor veg in a closet, to the windowsill.

In the short term (until I get another clamp on LED light) the only light they get is the dining room light. 1 LED light, about 8 feet away from the 6 plants.

Do you think that is bright enough to maintain the Veg. light cycle ?

They get some decent sunlight during the day. They're on the south side & get direct sunlight from about 10 AM to about 4 PM.

The picture shows the window-sill they are on, for the sun light.

attachment.php

This is the seedling that was totalled by the very friendly rooster.

That one seedling is now recovering on the windowsill along with the 5 clones. :rtfo:

Attachments

• IMG_20200903_075549_seedling.jpg
    IMG_20200903_075549_seedling.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 21

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I found that its not so much the intensity of one light but the variance of intensity. Moving clones from under the HP's to a 9 w led over night caused them to start flowering but leaving them under the led allowed the to stay in veg. Though the led wasn't anywhere near 8 feet away. I think you're asking for probs to be honest.

St. Phatty

i can buy another clamp light.

Here's a pic of the one seedling and 2 of the clones -

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20200906_071957_420.jpg
    IMG_20200906_071957_420.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 22